PDA

View Full Version : Driver bug with GForce 2 GTS / w98 / IE5 ?

MarkOner
04-18-2001, 03:10 AM
Hi all!

My program is an ActiveX to display some 3D on the web. It's working and really near the release date.
I've noticed the following bug : when launching the plugin for the first time (first IE launch) it's working perfectly but if I reload the page I got a window clipping problem. The plugin appears to draw itself over the tool bars, menus and buttons and desktop for example if I scroll down the page. It's like opengl is not doing well its window clipping job when initialized with another window. The DirectX version doesn't suffer this problem. I don't get this under w2k. I don't get this with another non-nvidia based board (well but I get others :-) )

Any ideas ???

NeoTuri
04-18-2001, 04:47 AM
This may be futile, but does your window style (the one with the OpenGL context) have WS_CLIPCHILDREN and WS_CLIPSIBLINGS set?

lpVoid
04-18-2001, 04:55 AM
I know this dosen't really shed any light on the subject, but I have a hard time believing that it's OpenGL that's causing you problems. ActiveX is a messy technology, and making sure your DCs and windows are owned properly is a daunting task. I had some issues with non-gl ocx's rendering improperly, and usually it had to do with the container not knowing how to properly clip the control.

Dave

MarkOner
04-18-2001, 05:48 AM
That's not futile NeoTuri :-) but I've checked this and yep the control has WS_CLIPCHILDREN and WS_CLIPSIBLINGS set.

I agree lpVoid : ActiveX is a messy technologie...
What make me think of an OpenGL driver problem is that I suppose (but I can be wrong) that SwapBuffers( DeviceContext ) is responsible for windows clipping like the blit in DirectX (working with exactly the same activeX code).

Thanks for your help guys!

Any other ideas???

LordKronos
04-18-2001, 06:05 AM
Have you tried setting your viewport and scissor rectange (and I think you have to enable GL_SCISSOR or GL_SCISSOR_TEST)?

MarkOner
04-18-2001, 06:45 AM
I've just tested with GL_SCISSOR_TEST and even the part outside the SCISSOR BOX is draw outside the window (with a king of green-blue color a default color for swapbuffer I presume). ARG !

NeoTuri
04-18-2001, 08:25 AM
try changing glViewport() so that it makes the same clipping region as your scissor test box.