PDA

View Full Version : SLI development, anybody?

def
04-22-2005, 12:43 PM
I am looking for other developers willing to share their experiences with using a SLI System (Nvidia) for their own software. Driver versions, self-built profiles that actually work, anything?
I haven't been able to get appropriate results so far...

simongreen
04-25-2005, 01:24 AM
Have you read the SLI section in our programming guide? It has some advice for achieving the best performance in OpenGL with SLI:

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/gpu_programming_guide.html

def
04-25-2005, 06:34 AM
Yes, I have read the GPU Programming Guide and it does give reasonable explanations on what to do and what to avoid.
But I am not able to get a profile running for my applications. The performance doesn't show any difference but it should be affected by any SLI mode. ( high polygon rate with display lists, nothing fancy )

PsychoLns
04-25-2005, 11:01 AM
"high polygon rate" ... unless you are able to use (/get something out of) frame interleaving you should remember that SLI *only* improves the fill rate and therefore you wouldn't see any improvements if you are not fill limited.

def
04-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Yes, "frame interleaving" or "alternate frame rendering" is what should definitely give me better performance.
It would be nice to get a feedback from the driver about the screen portion that is rendered, that would make it possible to even accelerate high polygon counts in SFR. (just a thought...)