PDA

View Full Version : glGetTexImage() problem

Sancho
03-21-2003, 12:05 PM
Hi,

I create two windows that share the display list. I create a texture object with the first context current. I can see it in the two windows (Thus they share correclty the display list). But if I call the glGetTexImage() function with the second context current, then the driver crash (on NVidia GeoForce2 board and on ATI board too).
And if I create the texture object with the second context current, and call the function glGetTexImage() with the first context active, the function also crash.

Why must I call the glGetTexImage() function with the context that is active when I create the texture object ????

David

[This message has been edited by Sancho (edited 03-21-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Sancho (edited 03-21-2003).]

Sancho
03-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Any idea on what i'm doing wrong to get such a crash ?

Is It a driver bug ?

I notice i'm not the only one that have this symptom see : http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/Forum3/HTML/007121.html

Note that I use the texture object with the second context current to make a glCopySubTexImage in order to do a basic render to texture mecanism. But It is not the origin of the problem.

Thanks for your answer.

Sancho
03-22-2003, 04:08 AM
Well, no comment ?!?

I still waiting for an answer...

Thank you

Asgard
03-22-2003, 04:24 AM
All the issues mentioned in that old post of mine you mentioned have ever since been fixed in newer driver releases.

Sancho
03-22-2003, 04:39 AM
Thank for your answer.

I use the last available NVidia driver and I test the problem on a recent ATI board (I don't remember which) and it still appear.

I don't understand even if it is a driver bug why I must use the "creation" context of the texture object to call the glGetTexImage() and why I can't use this function on any shared context.

David

jwatte
03-22-2003, 09:41 AM
Check your arguments in the debugger. My bet is you have a bad pointer somewhere; pointing to unallocated memory or a too small memory block.

Sancho
03-24-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by jwatte:
Check your arguments in the debugger. My bet is you have a bad pointer somewhere; pointing to unallocated memory or a too small memory block.

I did it and all is ok. No data overhead and no openGL error.
In fact, like Asgard my problem occurs when I do the glGetTexImage() using the context that wasn't the activated context during the creation of the texture object AND when I call the glCopySubTexImage().