PDA

View Full Version : glcopyteximage2d help



mithun_daa
11-21-2003, 01:42 PM
does any one have any sample code or links showing examples on how to use this function?
thank u

mithun_daa
11-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by mithun_daa:
does any one have any sample code or links showing examples on how to use this function?
thank u

k i figured out how this works. now the problem im havin is that the texture height and width are too small compared to my viewvolume. is there any way i can automate the texture height and width so that it fits exactly across my screen.

rgpc
11-21-2003, 03:01 PM
If you want to know how to use a function, go to msdn (http://msdn.microsoft.com) and search for it (or if you are using MSVC, press F1 - and search for it.

PanzerSchreck
11-22-2003, 12:01 AM
Better go for PBuffers, as they don't have the same annoying limitations as glCopyTexImage* has. For example the fact that parts outside your viewport won't get copied to your texture via glCopyTexImage, which isn't the case with PBuffers.
Moreover PBuffers allow you (at the moment unfortunately only on NV-Hardware) to render directly to a texture.

CWiC
11-23-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by PanzerSchreck:
Moreover PBuffers allow you (at the moment unfortunately only on NV-Hardware) to render directly to a texture.

Probably you was supposed to say "only on Windows platform". I think this will be more correct phrase.

mithun_daa
11-24-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by PanzerSchreck:
Better go for PBuffers, as they don't have the same annoying limitations as glCopyTexImage* has. For example the fact that parts outside your viewport won't get copied to your texture via glCopyTexImage, which isn't the case with PBuffers.
Moreover PBuffers allow you (at the moment unfortunately only on NV-Hardware) to render directly to a texture.

the reason im a little reluctant to go with this approach is that i will be forcing my users to use NV hardware which i cannot afford to do. is there anything generic that would work on a system with any kind of hardware as long as they have OGL?

Tom Nuydens
11-24-2003, 07:59 AM
Don't worry about using pbuffers. I don't know where PanzerSchreck got this NVidia-only idea, but he's wrong:
http://www.delphi3d.net/hardware/extsupport.php?extension=WGL_ARB_pbuffer
http://www.delphi3d.net/hardware/extsupport.php?extension=WGL_ARB_render_texture

-- Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Nuydens (edited 11-24-2003).]

mithun_daa
11-24-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Tom Nuydens:
Don't worry about using pbuffers. I don't know where PanzerSchreck got this NVidia-only idea, but he's wrong:
http://www.delphi3d.net/hardware/extsupport.php?extension=WGL_ARB_pbuffer
http://www.delphi3d.net/hardware/extsupport.php?extension=WGL_ARB_render_texture

-- Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Nuydens (edited 11-24-2003).]

great!!! thanx tom. i did go thru the specs for the two routines and i think i need some sample code to get me started. any links are also welcome.
thanx a lot everyone