PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone ever using opengl to create swept volume?



susan
10-30-2003, 06:47 PM
Is there anyone ever using opengl to create swept volume ,I have no idea about it .Thanks for any advice!

samantha
10-30-2003, 07:00 PM
Hi Susan. What do you mean by swept volume?

penelope
10-30-2003, 07:05 PM
I have no idea about it either. Could you be more specific?

CatAtWork
10-30-2003, 07:28 PM
Doesn't the forum have moderators for a reason?

Mazy
10-30-2003, 11:10 PM
i guess you mean http://www.cs.unc.edu/~geom/SV/ ?

In that case i dont think thre creation has so much to do with opengl, only the presentation. But maybe there is a nice way to to this in gl (just think of CSG), or you can use bruteforce and just draw the object several ( hundreds?) of times without clearing in between.

tfpsly
10-31-2003, 12:02 AM
Hehe another joke - from davepermen maybe? Just a guess =P

Look at their profiles: all 3 are supposed to be girl, that have registered exactly at the same time... Just after Jessica came around...

If a guy ask a stupid question, then he's likely to create a new profile with a girl name and he'll get plenty of answers...

Ps: if I'm wrong, I'm sorry for my mess

[This message has been edited by tfpsly (edited 10-31-2003).]

Tom Nuydens
10-31-2003, 12:07 AM
Good stuff http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif

It's not davepermen, though. He wouldn't capitalize the first letter of every sentence, nor would he be able to spell "either" correctly.

-- Tom

rgpc
10-31-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by CatAtWork:
Doesn't the forum have moderators for a reason?

Actually no, it doesn't.

Zengar
10-31-2003, 03:39 AM
knackered in persona tres est

did I guess? http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif

maybe I'm gonna create a nice nick for me too. Let me see... Venus is just a bit offensive... Rosy or Victoria also sound nice. But on the other hand I could take something native, like Olja or Maria...

Could you maybe help me? I would be very thankfull.

davepermen
10-31-2003, 04:05 AM
it wasnt me. i don't do such jokes.. i am always and everywhere registered and logged in as davepermen..

nice to think it was me.. i don't feel offended by this http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif


oh, and yes, capslock/shift is for coding only.. http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif

davepermen
10-31-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Zengar:
knackered in persona tres est

did I guess? http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif

maybe I'm gonna create a nice nick for me too. Let me see... Venus is just a bit offensive... Rosy or Victoria also sound nice. But on the other hand I could take something native, like Olja or Maria...

Could you maybe help me? I would be very thankfull.

just take all of them..

shall i rename to Tatyana myself? http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif

tfpsly
10-31-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by davepermen:
it wasnt me. i don't do such jokes.. i am always and everywhere registered and logged in as davepermen..

nice to think it was me.. i don't feel offended by this http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif

Sorry for that then. Here's why I thought it could be you... (check name in the link and then the too widely known username in the linked page) :
http://www.flipcode.com/cgi-bin/msg.cgi?getAccountInfo=daveperman

though there's a typo here "davepermAn" instead of "davepermEn"

knackered
10-31-2003, 06:56 AM
Not me.

penelope
10-31-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by davepermen:
shall i rename to Tatyana myself? http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gifHow about daveperwoman ? http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/cool.gif

Ysaneya
10-31-2003, 08:06 AM
check name in the link and then the too widely known username in the linked page


Yeah except it's BRIAN and not BRAIN. I guess dave was playing a joke http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif But ok i do see your point. Hehe.

Y.


[This message has been edited by Ysaneya (edited 10-31-2003).]

penelope
10-31-2003, 08:06 AM
Susan is not related to us (me and Sammy) in any way.

samantha
10-31-2003, 08:08 AM
She's right.

tfpsly
10-31-2003, 09:55 AM
Funny... Still most of the time, there's more than 30 minutes between 2 posts, and hardly a few minutes between yours... http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/confused.gif

davepermen
10-31-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by tfpsly:
Sorry for that then. Here's why I thought it could be you... (check name in the link and then the too widely known username in the linked page) :
http://www.flipcode.com/cgi-bin/msg.cgi?getAccountInfo=daveperman

though there's a typo here "davepermAn" instead of "davepermEn"

who the ****?? heh http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif there's much fun going on behind my eyes! hehe.. i'm permen, and never perman. but i know everyone makes that typo.. http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif

oh, and permen has nothing to do with per men.. its just a name.. happens to get missunderstood, often, too http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif

heh.. this is all so funny http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif

oh, and sorry susan to spam your thread.. but it was an eye opener.. for me, at least http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif

l33t
10-31-2003, 11:05 AM
plz m0d m3

rgpc
10-31-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by davepermen:
oh, and permen has nothing to do with per men.. its just a name.. happens to get missunderstood, often, too http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif


And I thought you were a hair dresser... :p

samantha
11-01-2003, 05:30 AM
Funny... Still most of the time, there's more than 30 minutes between 2 posts, and hardly a few minutes between yours...
Guess what, mr. Holmes, this was -meant- to be obvious http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Penelope != Susan
Samantha != Susan
Get it?

Alice, Ramana, Jessica are not related either.

it may be possible Susan is real and still waits for your help.

[This message has been edited by samantha (edited 11-01-2003).]