PDA

View Full Version : Looks like GL_DEPTH_TEST is failing ?

AndrewJJ
06-08-2002, 09:24 AM
Hi,
I'm working on a fairly large project and I've recently discovered that on some graphics cards I end up with object faces missing ... my code was working fine but I've inadvertantly altered something that has made my code specific to my development machine's graphics card ...
I enable GL_DEPTH_TEST in the initialization of the program ... and always have done ...

Please help ...

Thanks

Andrew

zeckensack
06-08-2002, 11:02 AM
Search all your code for calls to
glDepthMask
glColorMask <- this should be true for proper operation
glEnable(*_TEST); <- to find alpha/stencil/depth tests
glDisable(*_TEST);

Maybe stenciling as well ...

AndrewJJ
06-08-2002, 11:28 AM
Hi,
I found out what's causing my problem ... I originally used a single light source ... and that works on all cards ... then I introduced a further 3 lights to get the lighting a bit more uniform ... looked good on my system but unbeknown to me it no longer looked right on other systems ... Now, I was using a relatively old NVidia driver so I upgraded and low and behold my system now manifests the problem ... with more than one light source, I find that Quad faces, depending on viewpoint, are not drawn at all ... very odd ... ?

Andrew :0(

dorbie
06-08-2002, 10:35 PM
This would be a serious bug if true. It is very strange that this shows on several cards. I suspect some programming error is causing this.