PDA

View Full Version : APIs are different ?

black
09-24-2002, 11:04 PM
Hi,all~

I'am new here and know not much about API, are the APIs such as openGL, WinAPI different much ?

thanx in advance~

MrShoe
09-25-2002, 12:47 AM
What? No flame yet??
dude, you really should do a little bit of provate research into this first...

nexusone
09-25-2002, 04:58 AM
Well,
WinAPI is for making a windows style program, menu bars, dropdown menu's, window creation, etc.

OpenGL API, is for creating and rendering 3D/2D graphics only.

Can you see the diffrence?

Originally posted by black:
Hi,all~

I'am new here and know not much about API, are the APIs such as openGL, WinAPI different much ?

thanx in advance~

black
09-26-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by nexusone:
Well,
WinAPI is for making a windows style program, menu bars, dropdown menu's, window creation, etc.

OpenGL API, is for creating and rendering 3D/2D graphics only.

Can you see the diffrence?

a little clearly now. That is to say would should build up windows and menus with WinAPI and secondly attach our beautiful pics ?

nexusone
09-27-2002, 04:19 AM
There are a bunch of web sites that have information on making openGL screens in a Windows API controlled window.

here are a few:

nehe.gamedev.net also some windows examples www.cornflakezone.com (http://www.cornflakezone.com) has some examples

First you need to learn how to use the windows API, and this forum is only for openGL problems.

Once you learn to make a Window, you just pass the window screen location to openGL so it can render to it.

Originally posted by black:
a little clearly now. That is to say would should build up windows and menus with WinAPI and secondly attach our beautiful pics ?

black
09-28-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by nexusone:

First you need to learn how to use the windows API, and this forum is only for openGL problems.

Once you learn to make a Window, you just pass the window screen location to openGL so it can render to it.

thanx, I'll seek for that and back later~ http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/wink.gif