PDA

View Full Version : Status of FBO driver support

mogumbo
04-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Could any of the hardware vendors out there comment on the status of their EXT_framebuffer_object driver support? My preferred platform is NVidia on Linux. According to GLEW, FBO is not yet supported with the 1.0-7174 driver. Will this be available soon? What about other hardware/OS combinations?

plasmonster
04-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey Mogumbo, I don't know how many IHV's make it into the beginner's forum, but I suspect it's not many :)

mogumbo
04-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Ha! I bet you're right. But it just didn't seem like an advanced question :)

I played with a beta NVidia driver for Windows today that is supposed to have FBO support, but haven't gotten it to work yet :( I still want Linux support, anyway.

plasmonster
04-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I've been steering clear of the beta drivers lately ... holding out for the full monty.

Good luck with the Linux drivers.

By the way, why not advanced? That seems to be the place for this sort of thing. I know a lot of people are interested in this.

mogumbo
04-10-2005, 07:56 PM
I suppose FBO is a pretty advanced OpenGL feature, but my question about it is a simple one.

plasmonster
04-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Good point. :D

Overmind
04-11-2005, 03:32 AM
There is a long discussion in the advanced forum about what works and what doesn't work with current beta drivers:
http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/cgi_directory/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=013087

There is some working code posted there too...

AFAIK there is no support for FBO on Linux. I'm waiting for this, too, but I think this could take a while. Propably they will first release a stable windows driver once they are finished implementing the missing parts...