PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion what is the best and most advanved free game engine based on OpenGL?

BigShooter
07-30-2003, 11:12 PM
Ok, I got a hold of Quake 2 code.
I'm also looking for a free, open source game engine, that is most advanced visually and hopefully includes things like AI and physics.
I think it would be great to learn from.
I've searched the google, but it seems that there are hundreds of them.
Hopefully there are only a few ones up to date, OpenGL, open sources, with great graphics, AI and physics?
Thanks again,
Luke

harsman
07-31-2003, 01:16 AM
Sadly, most of the popular open source engines like Ogre and Crystal Space have fairly crap OpenGL code. There's a free engine called Nebula Device by radon labs that I think has OpenGL support. That might be good but I haven't looked at the source. You might also look into nevrax.org.

mw
08-14-2003, 11:51 AM
you may take a look at the Ogl engine of Mcad (http://www.martinscad.cjb.net) - Mcad (and Ogl) 1.4 is freeware and one may even learn something of it

stay tuned and have fun

mw

adams_antics
08-15-2003, 09:33 AM
i looked at nevrax.org when i was at work yesterday and read all about it and was excited about trying it out... then when i get home, the website was down, and is still down. is there somewhere else i can find it? preferrably their actual unedited version