PDA

View Full Version : problems with gl.h?

11-02-2004, 10:25 AM
hey,
ok, I am trying to run the first example (the first real code example, not pseudo-code) in the red book, and I keep getting over 100 error messages. The thing is, it says the error messages are in gl.h. I haven't editted the file in any way. Maybe someone who has it working can post their gl.h or something to see if somehow that is the problem. I can't think of anything else, and that is what the compiler error messages say. Weird, hm. Thanks, later.

--NG

MikeC
11-02-2004, 11:41 AM
You're developing on Windows, yes? Official wisdom is that you're supposed to #include <windows.h> before <GL/gl.h>, since it sets up some required #defines. However, this pollutes the living daylights out of your namespace and is generally something to avoid wherever humanly possible. In practice, I find that if I just put

#if !defined(APIENTRY) &amp;&amp; defined(WIN32)
#define APIENTRY __stdcall
#endif

#if !defined(WINGDIAPI)
#define WINGDIAPI
#endifbefore the #include of <GL/gl.h>, everything's tickety-boo for both MSVC (8beta1) and GCC (mingw).

11-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Holy **** man! I completely forgot about that, lol. Thanks, it's still throwing me errors but I think I can get it from here, thanks man.

SiLaBuLaBi
11-03-2004, 07:25 PM
im a new members here...n just learning about opengl..2 days ago..but i face on problem with it..im using microsoft visual c++ as my compiler..coz in my uNi also this kind of compiler.the problem is..everytime im using the compiler..the is one error pop-up at the 'debug'
the problem was:-

Compiling...
Lab06-Viewport1.cpp
d:\study\computer graphic\tut\tcs2111_tutorials\lab06files\lab06-viewport1.cpp(8) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'GL\glut.h': No such file or directory
Error executing cl.exe.

re.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

hope can get reply as soon as posibble.
coz right now im workin on my assignment

##Me,Cyberjaya##

SiLaBuLaBi
11-03-2004, 07:29 PM
as an addition..
i already add the opengl library ...
opengl32.lib ..glu32.lib and glut32.lib in the compiler.

wingser:-)
11-04-2004, 02:39 AM
download and install glut library
it is availible in opengl.org

11-05-2004, 06:24 AM
hm, now I'm getting "The procedure entry point GetPixelFormat could not be located in the dynamic link library OPENGL.dll." in a windows error box. BTW, I'm using VC++6 and the project type is win32 console application. thanks all, later.

MikeC
11-05-2004, 11:53 AM
I'm assuming you meant "opengl32.dll".

GetPixelFormat isn't an OpenGL function; it's in gdi32.lib. Are you linking to that?

11-05-2004, 04:03 PM
nope, it says opengl.dll. and no, i wasn't linking to gdi32.lib, it didn't come with the glut pack or the opengl pack, hm. i'll look for it, thanks.

11-05-2004, 04:05 PM
I take it back, i was linking to gdi32.lib.