PDA

View Full Version : ARB_EXTENSIONS

Mickey_dup1
03-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Hi,
I'd like to know if my system support multitexturing. I code
glGetString(GL_ARB_multitexture);and it return (NULL). Is it correct command?
Thanks

RigidBody
03-12-2006, 03:56 AM
you have to call glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS); in return you'll get a string which contains all extensions that your driver supports, so you have to find the substring GL_ARB_multitexture in this string.

Ehsan Kamrani
03-12-2006, 03:57 AM
I'd like to know if my system support multitexturing. I code

code:

glGetString(GL_ARB_multitexture);

and it return (NULL). Is it correct command?
No. See the reference page of this function:
http://www.opengl.org/documentation/specs/man_pages/hardcopy/GL/html/gl/getstring.html
-Ehsan-

Ehsan Kamrani
03-12-2006, 04:06 AM
Here's a code that will check the extension:

//Global Variable
PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD2FARBPROC glMultiTexCoordARB = 0;

char *extList = (char*)glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS);

if (extList && strstr(extList, "GL_ARB_multitexture"))
{
// get the address of the extension
glMultiTexCoord2fARB = (PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD2FARBPROC) wglGetProcAddress("glMultiTexCoord2fARB");
}

RigidBody
03-12-2006, 04:10 AM
i assume your "No" refers to mickey's post -not mine :)

Ehsan Kamrani
03-12-2006, 04:24 AM
I edited my post ;-)

Mickey_dup1
03-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by RigidBody:
you have to call glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS); in return you'll get a string which contains all extensions that your driver supports, so you have to find the substring GL_ARB_multitexture in this string. My system doesn't support OpenGL; (the string you say doesn't appear). What does it mean? My hardaware doesn't support Multtexturing or my software? Can I resolve this and using multitexturing within my application? thanks.

jide
03-12-2006, 08:50 AM
ARB_multitexture is now full part of GL core, so you don't need to get the extension. Or maybe you have a very old driver with a very old card.

Mickey_dup1
03-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by jide:
ARB_multitexture is now full part of GL core, so you don't need to get the extension. Or maybe you have a very old driver with a very old card. yes, my card is old. GeForce II MMX400. Is this th problem?

jide
03-12-2006, 11:30 AM
If you don't have the string multitexture in the extension list, this might mean that you don't have multitexture... But Geforce2, as far as I can remember do support them.

RigidBody
03-12-2006, 12:20 PM
take a look at this (http://www.delphi3d.net/hardware/listreports.php)

maybe you should download the latest driver from nvidia.