PDA

View Full Version : Getting OpenGL working in C++

Mags
03-24-2001, 11:42 PM
Hi!

I'm trying to get a basic Open GL shape to run in a C++ Metrowerks program. I've tried using both C++ Console Apps and Win32C++ Apps as a basis for the program (I don't know anything about windowing in C++) and have added what I need for Open GL. The programs compile and link but when they run I simply get the initial "HelloWorld" screen. I'm sure that what I've done is really silly. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks!

Deiussum
03-25-2001, 07:31 AM
When you say you've added everything you need for OpenGL, what do you mean specifically? If you mean you set the pixelformat of a window to support OpenGL, or added glut initialization, then your OpenGL code should work fine. If you didn't do either of these (as I suspect is the case) then you need to. You can find the "Red Book" online somewhere, which gives all its examples using glut. (Sorry, I don't know the link offhand, I have a hard copy.) You can also check the Nehe tutorials for examples of how to create a window that supports OpenGL without using Glut. (http://nehe.gamedev.net/OpenGL.asp)