PDA

View Full Version : glut32.lib

Bawk
09-24-2001, 07:45 PM
I'm new to OpenGL and I believe I have all the libraries and header files correctly placed in Codewarrior on my Mac and Visual C++ on my PC, but I keep getting a compiling error in both platforms saying can't find glut32.lib. I don't see this .lib with any of the OpenGL files yet it is referenced in
GL/gl.h. Does anyone know what to do?
thanks

ffish
09-24-2001, 08:41 PM
You'll have to search for it on the web. It's part of the GLUT, and very useful for writing small OpenGL apps. It certainly shouldn't be referenced in GL/gl.h on Windows, but I dunno about Macs. If it is referenced in GL/gl.h on Windows, your gl.h file may not be the one that came with VisualC++.

To cut a long story short, go to google and type in "GLUT Windows" and maybe "GLUT Mac" and see if you can find a download for it. Should come with a .lib, .dll and a .h file for Windows or you can compile your own from source. Then, put glut32.lib in your CompilerPath/lib folder, glut.h in your CompilerPath/Include/GL folder and glut32.dll in your Windows/System folder and you should be right to go. Sorry, can't help with the Mac, though.

Hope that helps.

Gavin
09-25-2001, 01:24 AM
On the mac are you putting the stubs and resources into the project. As well as the paths int the project options?

gav

Bawk
09-25-2001, 07:53 AM
thanks ffish and gavin, i think i got it working. i'll be back for help if anything else goes wrong. and sorry, glut32.lib is called in glut.h not GL/gl.h.