View Full Version : Hardware accerlarated texturing.
Can any one teach how to use hardware accerlerated texturing?
02-17-2004, 10:50 PM
Texturing is hardware accelerated whenever a proper hardware driver has been installed and you are using a hardware accelerated visual/pixel format (e.g. under Windows, the pixel format must not support rendering to a bitmap - that forces software rendering).
You can find many tutorials that deal with texturing (check the NeHe tutorials). There are a few basic operations that you must understand:
1) Texture objects (glGenTextures, glBindTexture)
2) Uploading the texture to GL texture memory (glTexImage2D)
3) Texturing parameters, such as filtering and warping (glTexParameteri)
4) Enabling/disabling texturing where appropriate (glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D))
5) Texture coordinates (glTexCoord2f)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.