PDA

View Full Version : I will pay for help with game

flyer
09-13-2002, 03:03 AM
I know this sounds bad but , I really want to
start making games . My problem is I work 12
hours a day and I do not get much time to read alot. I spent two years of every free time I had learning C++, plus along the way
I messed around with java. I Bought a book
Opengl game programming and have read most of it and I can draw cubes and other stuff.
Also my problem with the book is that it is
for win32 and I am currently using MFC because I really dont like spending my free time writing a lot of code on just making a window etc. but I know how. What i am looking for is for some one to help guide me through the process using VC++ and mfc. The
game I am wanting to make is just a 2d dirt bike game ( side scroller) with some jumps
and , also I will just use a paint program to draw the bike and the guy and maybe the
jumps. The game could just be stick figures
for all I care. The purpose is to get a good start . It has to be C++ no C and Classes not
structs , the reason is (OOP). I want a one to one base , I would just email you with questions . the pay would be $50.00 a month
and you can stop any time you want! So if you have free time and want to help me please reply.

Thanks

nexusone
09-13-2002, 03:22 AM
Maybe trying to use MFC has been your problem, graphics programming can be complex enought without the complex nature of MFC.

With library's like GLUT, FMOD, SDL, etc; you can start programming game stuff without worring about all the extra windows stuff not needed for making a game.

And OPP is over hyped IMHO, and can be very confusing for the beginer.

Not sure what you mean by one to one base...

http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

Originally posted by flyer:
I know this sounds bad but , I really want to
start making games . My problem is I work 12
hours a day and I do not get much time to read alot. I spent two years of every free time I had learning C++, plus along the way
I messed around with java. I Bought a book
Opengl game programming and have read most of it and I can draw cubes and other stuff.
Also my problem with the book is that it is
for win32 and I am currently using MFC because I really dont like spending my free time writing a lot of code on just making a window etc. but I know how. What i am looking for is for some one to help guide me through the process using VC++ and mfc. The
game I am wanting to make is just a 2d dirt bike game ( side scroller) with some jumps
and , also I will just use a paint program to draw the bike and the guy and maybe the
jumps. The game could just be stick figures
for all I care. The purpose is to get a good start . It has to be C++ no C and Classes not
structs , the reason is (OOP). I want a one to one base , I would just email you with questions . the pay would be $50.00 a month
and you can stop any time you want! So if you have free time and want to help me please reply.

Thanks

Robbo
09-13-2002, 05:22 AM
He means he pays you 50 a month to ask you questions and you give answers.

I think, personally, that you should try and hone your research skills - starting with google. This is probably the most important skill a programmer can have these days http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/wink.gif

Deiussum
09-13-2002, 07:37 AM
If you have specific questions, you can feel free to e-mail me with them and I'll answer them as best I can or at least point you to some resources that might help. And there's no need to pay me. I enjoy teaching new programmers that truly want to learn.

NordFenris
09-13-2002, 05:20 PM
As do I. E-mail me anytime you want at ivan.milles@home.se