PDA

View Full Version : msvc stalls when compiling opengl program

soconne
12-24-2003, 08:57 AM
Has anybody else had any problems with msvc crashing after compiling and running an opengl program over and over. For instance, after i run and compile my opengl app 2-3 times, on the 4th time it stalls at "Linking" and I have to shut it down and restart, and when I do it had already compiled the new .exe file. It's very strange. I've reinstalled msvc over and it doesn't do it for a while, but after a few weeks it does it again. Anybody experienced this?

dorbie
12-24-2003, 09:17 AM
Make sure your OpenGL program is exiting correctly.

Use the task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) to list all processes and I'll bet that after a few runs you have several copies of your program running. You can kill these manually, but you will need to exit gracefully to produce working software.

soconne
12-24-2003, 11:56 AM
I don't think it's that. I know it exits correctly, i think it's just msvc. Because msvc does the same thing on almost all my opengl programs, and even a few non-opengl apps. I just wasn't sure if it was because something having to do with compiling the opengl libraries, or what.

lgrosshennig
12-24-2003, 02:14 PM
Maybe you should to consider reinstalling your whole system from scratch and not only MSVC.

soconne
12-24-2003, 03:20 PM
That would suck, but it would be my final option.