PDA

View Full Version : Could someone please take me through setting (linking) files to use OpenGL in .NET ?

BigShooter
07-27-2003, 02:20 PM
Hi, I've tried to run some projects from CDROM in book 'Realtime character animation with VS' (uses OpenGL). However, when I try to compile, I get errors that gl.h is not found. I've done search and this file is on my computer.
I also have NVidia geForce 4 Ti4200 and those cards come with OpenGL drivers (v. 1.5 is their most recent implementation, I think). Anyway, I understand that I need to tell the compiler where the .h files are and to link to the .lib files (or .dll)? The problem is that I'm totally new to Win/MFC/VS architectures and platforms. Could someone please tell me the steps I need to perform (settings?) in VS .NET project to be able to run OpenGL code?
Thank you,
Luke

nexusone
07-28-2003, 04:34 AM
Try searching this forum, the setup of .net has be answered on here before.

I myself prefer C++, where as a .net program will lock you into a windows only software and also .net is not been out that long not sure how well adopted it will become.

Originally posted by BigShooter:
Hi, I've tried to run some projects from CDROM in book 'Realtime character animation with VS' (uses OpenGL). However, when I try to compile, I get errors that gl.h is not found. I've done search and this file is on my computer.
I also have NVidia geForce 4 Ti4200 and those cards come with OpenGL drivers (v. 1.5 is their most recent implementation, I think). Anyway, I understand that I need to tell the compiler where the .h files are and to link to the .lib files (or .dll)? The problem is that I'm totally new to Win/MFC/VS architectures and platforms. Could someone please tell me the steps I need to perform (settings?) in VS .NET project to be able to run OpenGL code?
Thank you,
Luke

ppinter1
07-28-2003, 11:50 AM
It might be easier to start with a known working project and make changes from there.

Check out Display3DS (http://p-squared.com/Display3DS.php) and remember to set your 'Startup Project' as Display3DS.

Note how the GL include files are provided and referenced.

Good luck in your studies...
/p2

BigShooter
07-28-2003, 01:48 PM
ok, got it working.
Thanks to all for help.