PDA

View Full Version : Perspective Corrrection in Open GL

sckoobs
02-02-2001, 02:54 PM
Hey all,

I'm making a 3D isometric game (don't ask) and basically the polys are not appearing isometric-like, I have a pretty good idea that it is the way that OpenGL has set up the perspective. Is there any way to make the quads appear isometric???

Thanks everyone...

Max

DFrey
02-02-2001, 03:34 PM
Easy, load the projection matrix with an isometric projection of your choosing.

Michael Steinberg
02-02-2001, 06:12 PM
Did you say projection matrix? I'm not sure if it could be bad or if it's the only solution to this...

DFrey
02-02-2001, 06:34 PM
There should be absolutely no reason why an isometric projection placed into the projection matrix would be a bad thing. I mean, the projection matrix is where the projection transform is supposed to go, be it a perspective transform, orthographic transform, isometric transform, diametric transform, or any other projection transform.

Michael Steinberg
02-03-2001, 05:47 AM
As I stated, I don't know. But I know now that I was wrong, since only the camera transformations or any other transformations shouldn't be in the projection matrix. Sorry if I sounded ugly.

sckoobs
02-03-2001, 08:43 AM
Righty,

I see what you mean, but I was actually loking for a bit of code... does anyone know what code I should use and a little explanation of it if its a little wierd looking. If you know of a on-line tutorial could you tell me also. Cheers.

Max