PDA

View Full Version : vertex arrays and multiple textures

Steelrose
08-07-2003, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the advanced forum, so if it gets moved let me know.

I've been working with vertex arrays for a while as well as converting 3d objects from Lightwave to openGL. The problem is this: some objects are very complex and may require several texture maps to get the required effect. One part may need tex1 while this part needs tex2. I figure there could be up to 20 textures for one object alone.

The question is this, is there a way to use more than one set of texture coords within a vertex array, and if so how is this done as well as keeping them attached to the correct sections of the model.

Thanks in advance for any help.

al_bob
08-07-2003, 07:04 PM
You could either split your object based on texture, or combine the smaller textures into a larger texture (adjusting the tex coords accordingly), so that you end up with a single texture.

Steelrose
08-08-2003, 06:32 AM
I tried something like that with another object. The object has a top half and a bottom half. Each half is on a different portion of the texture map. The entire object is in a single array. But with I run the program the object has no texture even though it compiles the texture and texture coords correctly.

Am I missing something or is there a way to fix this?