PDA

View Full Version : GlutSolidxxxx displays wireframe objects!?!

ChiTown2001
04-22-2001, 12:34 PM
No one will believe this one. I am calling GlutSolidxxxx functions but OpenGL is displaying the wireframe versions of the objects. Any idea which OpenGL land mine I stepped on to produce this effect? Has anyone ever seen this happen? Should I take a couple aspirins and go to sleep and hope everything is OK in the morning?

Warrior
04-22-2001, 12:47 PM
that makes no sense.
glutSolidxxx() displays solid objects.
glutWirexxx() displays wire objects.
you probable have something set wrong.
try glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT,GL_FILL);

ChiTown2001
04-22-2001, 01:01 PM
I tried your suggestion but no luck. I am sure it's some simple little goof I made that will cost me hours. That's the way it goes. I have some simple programs that display solid objects fine. I'll be sure to post the resolution when I find it. This is crazy!

zed
04-22-2001, 01:26 PM
have a look at the source code to glut IIRC /lib/glut u will be able to copy and paste the glutsolid.. code into your app, then u should be able to experiment and find out whats up.
also like warrior said glPolygonMode( GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_FILL )

ChiTown2001
04-22-2001, 03:17 PM
Thank you very much to both Warrior and Zed. You were right on the mark. I found that I was calling glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_LINE) elsewhere in the program. I needed to call glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_FILL) just before calling glSolidxxxx. All I can say now is "sigh....".

Warrior
04-22-2001, 03:34 PM
hehe
thats the way it goes sometimes.
good luck with your programs