PDA

View Full Version : OpenGl using C++

MooSyZyGy
03-07-2003, 01:10 AM
Hi,
Have recently started using openGl wrapped in C++. However on comiling i get the following error message:
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'GL/glut.h': No such file or directory
I use WinXp and the files 'opengl32.dll' and glu32.dll' are already included as part of the operating system so I thought there was no need to do anything else? Did i assume wrong? Do i need to move the files around to the library from which it can compile from?

Regards,
M.

03-07-2003, 05:00 AM
check if u have included the files
"glut.h" in the directory "<visual_studio_directory>/include/gl"

else u need to download the header files from any online source.

nexusone
03-07-2003, 05:25 AM
You did not say anything about including the glut library.
Is the file in the correct directory /include/GL/glut.h?

Also are you even using the glut library in your program?

Originally posted by MooSyZyGy:
Hi,
Have recently started using openGl wrapped in C++. However on comiling i get the following error message:
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'GL/glut.h': No such file or directory
I use WinXp and the files 'opengl32.dll' and glu32.dll' are already included as part of the operating system so I thought there was no need to do anything else? Did i assume wrong? Do i need to move the files around to the library from which it can compile from?

Regards,
M.

acerb
03-07-2003, 05:42 AM
Hi,

You need to get the correct glut(32).dll file for your compiler and put it in the system directory of your OS (likely c:\windows\system32), to have glut.h in your compiler "include\gl" directory and glut.lib likely on the "\lib" directory. Hope It will works

acerb

MooSyZyGy
03-07-2003, 09:38 AM
No it is fine now, after much scouring of the system files and moving the files about. I found out that glut.h is not a necessary part of the actual format of openGl, it is an extra, so i downloaded that and loaded it in. Thanks for the help anyway!

M.