PDA

View Full Version : Give your opinion please.

Antony
03-27-2003, 03:09 PM
I am in front of a dilemma.I dont know whether I should stick with OpenGL for making games or use Virtools.In the long run which is going to be better for me to follow.I would be grateful for any opinion.
I like Virtools,user interface,drag 'n drop stuff etc. but I do like programming with OpenGL also.However what really makes me think is about finding work.Will I able to find work with Virtools if I go with this program or it will be easier with OpenGL?This is what troubles me.

Deiussum
03-28-2003, 05:14 AM
Never heard of Virtools, so I'd have to say stick with OpenGL. http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

nexusone
03-28-2003, 07:52 AM
Anyone can do draq and drop programming, the thing is there a need for Virtools programming?
What area is it used for?

I know there are jobs out there for diffrent aspects of openGL or programming anything.
And knowing a core language like openGL will help.

In programming you can find diffrent area's in which you get a job.

1. Program design.
2. Graphics design.
3. Sound design.

Large companies will split these area's between programmers diffrently...
A small company you may need to do all three.
A simi-small you may do one or two of these.
A large project you may only do one part.

If you are very good at programming you may become a program manager which control all three with people under you.

Originally posted by Antony:
I am in front of a dilemma.I dont know whether I should stick with OpenGL for making games or use Virtools.In the long run which is going to be better for me to follow.I would be grateful for any opinion.
I like Virtools,user interface,drag 'n drop stuff etc. but I do like programming with OpenGL also.However what really makes me think is about finding work.Will I able to find work with Virtools if I go with this program or it will be easier with OpenGL?This is what troubles me.

HalcyonBlaze
03-28-2003, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely for OpenGL is this case. But if you are looking to get a job in the Gaming Industry, you should learn DirectX also.

- Halcyon