PDA

View Full Version : glut multi window problem on my notebook

irix6
12-30-2003, 06:20 PM
Hi,

I am tring to write a small program which has two window showing at the same time. I searched this forum and found an example at: http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/Forum2/HTML/011888.html

I test it on SGI, no problem at all. However, my program need to be able to run on a PC so I compile that demo program on my notebook(3 years old, ATI Rage Mobility graphic card) and I can only see one window updating (depending on which one is drawn last). Is it a MS window issue or my graphic card's problem? Can I have a way to work around with it? Thank you for your help.

[This message has been edited by irix6 (edited 12-30-2003).]

12-31-2003, 01:10 AM
I think of two possibilities :

- Windows glut library could be so different from sgi's one that multiple GL windows are not possible.

- Or it is a priority problem. On windows 9X, the active window have a much higher priority than anithing else. Try to click on the sluggish window to see if it goes suddenly faster.

Maybe as you suggest it is a problem with the ati rage Mobility : try to launch 2 single GL window programs. Beware of the prority stuf I mentionned earlier.

irix6
12-31-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by zbuffer_:
I think of two possibilities :

- Windows glut library could be so different from sgi's one that multiple GL windows are not possible.

Thanks for the reply. In that demo program they are using bitmap string to draw character and both window can see texts. However, those gl drawing routine has problem. I found that if I draw window1 first then the graphic will show up at very beginning then disappear when drawing 2nd window. If I draw window2 first then window1 will have the same problem. Is it caused by swapbuffer? No idea..

I just test that if I can lunch 2 opengl program at the same time and it has no problem.