PDA

View Full Version : Opengl , finding distance between two points on run time

05-16-2002, 02:46 AM
after drawing a irregular object using gluPerspective on run time picking file and putting the points in array ,how can i capture a particular point or portion of the object and make necessary changes on run time ... main purpose of the assignment is to find distance between two points on portion of the surface i am drawing on run time. whether select and feedback of gl would work?

nexusone
05-16-2002, 06:57 AM
If you are controlling your objects with variables then you should have no problem.
By using a variable for you object, changing anything about the object at run-time is not a problem.

As for finding distance, just take the two objects xyz locations and find the distance between them.

Originally posted by kamlesh:
after drawing a irregular object using gluPerspective on run time picking file and putting the points in array ,how can i capture a particular point or portion of the object and make necessary changes on run time ... main purpose of the assignment is to find distance between two points on portion of the surface i am drawing on run time. whether select and feedback of gl would work?