PDA

View Full Version : multiple textures ? blending meshes?

bansheeogl
06-07-2005, 06:22 PM
hi how do i blend 2 meshes ? for example i have a mesh with one texture and the same other mesh but with another texture how do i blend them so i see both mixed ? i cant use multi texturing as i only have 1 uv channel supported on this mesh also how do i load multiple textures ???

t3jem
06-07-2005, 07:36 PM
To load multiple textures call your texture loading function for each texture you want to load. And to blend the meshes I can imagine you can use glBlendFunc(); to do it.

bansheeogl
06-07-2005, 08:41 PM
but internally how should i do it ???
i dont understand how i have a bitmap and a tga loader those stores data so i can send it to opengl but if i call any of this functions twice i get a crash how should i do it??? is there a list of things i have to do that i can see and learn from for loading more than one texture??

t3jem
06-07-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Do you want to load multiple textures into memory or onto your mesh?

bansheeogl
06-07-2005, 10:12 PM
in memory then once i got them there i can apply them thats no prob but i can only load one teexture now i dont know how to load more than one!!!

alsoo how can i load textures into video memory ???

bansheeogl
06-07-2005, 10:16 PM
isnt glBlendFunc for blending textures only ?? i want to blend 2 meshes

ZbuffeR
06-08-2005, 04:31 AM
> alsoo how can i load textures into video memory ???
glTexture2D(...)

So you want to glBindTexture(...) to switch from one to another while keeping every texture stored in video memory.
See NeHe lesson 6 :
http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/lessons/lesson.asp?lesson=06

> isnt glBlendFunc for blending textures only ??
No, it is for everything that is drawn with opengl. lines, quads, triangles...