PDA

View Full Version : Linker Error

05-08-2003, 01:06 PM
I just started using opengl while reading this book i just got...i tried the simpliest program and i get 2 errors after i try to build it...

LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/openglhelloprog1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

openglhelloprog1.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

i have included glu32.lib, opengl and glaux and i dont know what i am missing....?

05-08-2003, 01:19 PM
i also included libcd.lib and still nothing...

Deiussum
05-09-2003, 04:13 AM
Take a look at what the message is telling you for a second... "unresolved external symbol _main" Do you have a main function? Probably not... You probably have a WinMain function. Can you figure out how to fix the problem yet? If not, do a search on these boards for "unresolved external symbol _main" and I'm sure you will find a LOT of other posts have already been made about this.

nexusone
05-09-2003, 04:50 AM
It would be more helpful for you to also post the name of the book and what compiler you are using.

Also maybe you are using example code which is not a complete program, only a section of one.

Originally posted by s0lus:
I just started using opengl while reading this book i just got...i tried the simpliest program and i get 2 errors after i try to build it...

LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/openglhelloprog1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

openglhelloprog1.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

i have included glu32.lib, opengl and glaux and i dont know what i am missing....?

VikingCoder
05-09-2003, 08:11 AM
If it's a really simple program, you might want to just post the entire thing. Unless it's a copyrighted section of code, of course.

Deiussum
05-09-2003, 09:07 AM
It's a linker error, not a compiler error. Posting his code is not really necessary. He doesn't have a main method and the project he's using expects that for the entry point. Either he's using a program with a WinMain, or he's only got a program fragment, as nexusone stated.