PDA

View Full Version : Another stupid question

ViKt0r Erdelyi
04-07-2005, 04:10 AM
Ehh...If I try to run the examples I found on this page I get the following error: glut.dll not found.
BUT: all the libraries I downloaded so far have only GLUT32.DLL-s, and it doesn't work even if I rename the file. Please help...

And another question:
What software ( & hardware?) do I exactly need to begin programming with OpenGL?

Viktor Erdelyi

zukko
04-07-2005, 07:12 AM
Hi, maybe your glut32.dll is out of date, you have to copy it to c:\windows\system. to code in opengl you need compiler (preferably c++), the latest drivers for your video card, speaking of hardware you need a 3d video card, unless you are using a very old computer i assume you already have one.

jide
04-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by ViKt0r Erdelyi:
Ehh...If I try to run the examples I found on this page I get the following error: glut.dll not found.
BUT: all the libraries I downloaded so far have only GLUT32.DLL-s, and it doesn't work even if I rename the file. Please help...

And another question:
What software ( & hardware?) do I exactly need to begin programming with OpenGL?

Viktor ErdelyiDon't remember how libraries work under W32. Maybe you need to specify you use glut32 instead of glut. The library should be name glut32.dll.

Software side: you need an OS (presumably W32), a text editor, a compiler (C), a linker and the matching libraries and headers.

Hardware side: a good brain :) A gl card (almost all we can find on the market). If you already have a computer, that will be fine.

regards

ViKt0r Erdelyi
04-08-2005, 03:33 AM
Thanx guys... it seems to work.