PDA

View Full Version : When i use opengl to play CS it always freezes the comp...

11-30-2001, 08:00 PM
When ever i use opengl to play CS it always freezes my computer..... why is it?

I have:
Amd Athlon 1.3ghz
Visiontek GeForce 3 (not xtasy)

And on newer games like RTCW it hardly crashes....is it becuz the HL engine is too old or somethin? Plz answer this becuz im frag hungry.

12-01-2001, 12:52 AM
If it is just OpenGL can it be a bug in the game or drivers. If you can not run OpenGL or Direct3D games do you probably have to change some BIOS variables.

fischema
12-01-2001, 01:14 PM
i have the same problem. cs always freezes in opengl mode after the first few seconds. would it work if i change some options ? r there any options available ?

12-01-2001, 05:50 PM
Hmmmmmm well my Direct3D Works fine...but the only problem is, is my Opengl... hmmmm o well. Lemme see wut happens next year when CS: Condition Zero comes out. Thanx

mok
12-03-2001, 11:19 AM
i get the exact same problem , only this it only happens to me when i connect , cuz i can browse the menus at will , i have 2 run CS using direct3d ...
Note : In my machine it happens with OpenGL and Software modes

12-05-2001, 03:19 AM
You can check control panel -> system and see if everything looks OK.

12-06-2001, 11:01 PM
Yes I have the same problem, after I switch the video settings to Default OpenGL. After I enter a game, like 15 seconds later it automatically disconnects me from the server.

12-15-2001, 09:34 AM
Try downloading the newest drivers from nvidia.....xp i think the det 3's. I downloaded these for my friend and it stopped the freezing problem on his geforce 2 MX. If that doesn't work try setting your agp rate to 4x...this might fix it as well.

12-22-2001, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by apple goodness:
Yes I have the same problem, after I switch the video settings to Default OpenGL. After I enter a game, like 15 seconds later it automatically disconnects me from the server.
do you run an amd or a pentium, cos so far, only amd's suffer from this problemo!

12-28-2001, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Raptor-X:
When ever i use opengl to play CS it always freezes my computer..... why is it?

I have:
Amd Athlon 1.3ghz
Visiontek GeForce 3 (not xtasy)

And on newer games like RTCW it hardly crashes....is it becuz the HL engine is too old or somethin? Plz answer this becuz im frag hungry.

01-01-2002, 03:03 PM
http://members.tripod.co.uk/dodclan_rw/ati_fix_hl.exe
this will fix probs with hl and opengl overflows, not RTCW