PDA

View Full Version : Could not load OpenGL subsystem

Pages : [1] 2

Gamer
12-01-2001, 11:55 PM
When I try to start Return to castle wolfenstein it never starts but I get this text to screen. I use GeForce2 GTS 32Mb and WinME.

Every OpenGL game I've tried also gives me some error text. What can I do?

12-02-2001, 09:41 AM
we have the same problem

12-05-2001, 01:50 AM
I have the same problem and so does my friend, i cant find any help with this problem

12-08-2001, 03:48 PM
Same thing here, Quake 3, Elsa (aka Nvidia) Erazor X2, Windows ME.

I HAD a link to a GREAT FAQ page for Nvidia and Elsa card probs.

When I find the link, I'll post it.

Peace

Zippy

marcio
12-08-2001, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Zippy:

Peace

Zippy

12-12-2001, 12:12 AM
Great i'll join the club.
Has anyone contacted tech help?
Well i'm going to.

12-12-2001, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Gamer:
When I try to start Return to castle wolfenstein it never starts but I get this text to screen. I use GeForce2 GTS 32Mb and WinME.

i have the same problem just with a ati radeon mobility !
do anyone know a solution?

Max Xevious
12-12-2001, 05:16 PM
I have the same problem. The sad thing is that I posted about this before, and others have said they have the same problem, but no one has an answer. I have searched all over the internet and cannot come up with anything. I wish someone could help http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/frown.gif

12-14-2001, 01:44 AM
Different Cards, but the same OS, I suppose. Could Win ME be the reason?

12-14-2001, 09:42 AM
see my topics

12-14-2001, 07:23 PM
I have windows 2000 and have the same problem.

12-14-2001, 07:25 PM
If anyone figures out a solution. Please email me drlowe68@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Dan

12-15-2001, 06:16 PM
i have the same problem with win xp. Actually the problem didnt start up untill I upgraded to win xp. soooo maybe its the os??? if anyone has any answers please e-mail me at sogosuru@hotmail.com

12-16-2001, 03:15 AM
I have a similar problem with running Half-Life in openGL mode.

I have a Geforce2 Mx200. I have installed latest detonator release, and installed directX 8.1

When halflife starts it says my graphics card does not support openGL. I also have the same problem with other 3d APps which use OpenGL acceleration.

any ideas?

12-16-2001, 11:56 AM
I have the same problem with Windows XP, ATI Mobility 128 and Return to Wolfenstein.
It seems the Microsoft video driver for the ATI Mobility 128 card does not support OpenGL. IBM, the laptop manufacturer, does not have any driver for XP that supports OpenGL either. Any ideas?

12-18-2001, 03:26 AM
I have the same problem with Windows 98, a TNT2 64, with Quake 3, Half-Life in openGL mode and Soldier Of Fortune.
I have tested new drivers but it doesn' work, now I'll try with GLSetup.

please find something!!!

12-18-2001, 06:17 AM
I have tried running in normal AND safe mode but this message keeps popping up.

Wolf 1.0.0 win-x86 Nov 13 2001
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files\Accessories\HyperTerminal\rtcw\main\sp_pak2. pk3 (232 files)
C:\Program Files\Accessories\HyperTerminal\rtcw\main\sp_pak1. pk3 (1342 files)
C:\Program Files\Accessories\HyperTerminal\rtcw\main\pak0.pk3 (4775 files)
C:\Program Files\Accessories\HyperTerminal\rtcw/main

----------------------
6349 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec language.cfg
execing autoexec.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
...detecting CPU, found Intel Pentium III
Bypassing CD checks
----- Client Initialization -----
Cmd_AddCommand: map_restart already defined
----- Initializing Renderer ----
-------------------------------
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\opengl32.dll' ): succeeded
...setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
...using desktop display depth of 32
...calling CDS: ok
...registered window class
...created window@0,0 (640x480)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
...restoring display settings
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
...using colorsbits of 16
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
...assuming '3dfxvgl' is a standalone driver
...initializing QGL
...WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

12-18-2001, 09:01 AM
this is beginning to look like a big problem!!! i get the same error when running quake3, unreal GOTY, return to castle wolf, on XP PRO with 32mb Geforce2mx Pentium III (i815ep chipset) has anyone also got problems using glsetup in xp??? have all uptodate correct drivers anyone got a fix yet?

12-18-2001, 09:10 AM
check this out http://www.uq.net.au/~zzmbisho/how_to_fix-OpenGL-Subsystem.html

didnt work for me, probably coz i'm running xp, should work for most tho me thinks!

rump
12-18-2001, 11:53 AM
Hi,

I had the same problem in XP with a Nvidia RIVA TNT2 Model 64 (driver version 2.3.1.1).
However I also have a second monitor on a S3 Virge PCI card. When I disabled the second monitor in Display Properties, Wolfenstein worked.

Hope this helps,

Rump

12-24-2001, 09:04 AM
Hey everyone,

This is awesome. It worked for me with ME and a Gforce3. http://www.uq.net.au/~zzmbisho/how_to_fix-OpenGL-Subsystem.html

Thanks to whoever originally posted this fix.

12-25-2001, 03:06 PM
I had the same problem and message screen as Paullie, and tried the link suggested in the lastpost...but I had no line in my win.ini file to remove. So I am still no better off! But I hope it works for you guys.

I am trying to load Return to Castle Wolfenstein with a nVidia TNT 64-pro card.

12-25-2001, 05:58 PM
hey i went to the site that helps and i went to run and tryed to find that dva=0 thing or whatever it was and could not find it please help

12-25-2001, 06:22 PM
XP users may need the latest drivers but other Windows users with a TNT can try a older driver.
http://www.3dchipset.com/drivers/official/nvidia/series6xx.shtml

Dosai
12-26-2001, 09:44 AM
Same problem with i815e chipset in RTCW
I run WIN-XP
Only way to make it run is to take out XP and install 98 again ........ sheesh

12-26-2001, 12:39 PM
OK I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THIS SUBSYSTEM STUFF COULD NOT OPEN , OPEN GL WELL I FIXED MINE IM RUNNING WINDOWS XP.....THE DRIVERS THAT COMES WITH THIS OPERATING SYSTEM ARE GENERIC I WENT TO http://www.nvidia.com/ AND AT THE TOP IS A TAB ..DOWNLOAD DRIVERS ...IT WILL OPEN UP OR A FALL DOWN MENU WILL BE EXPOSED FOR ME I NEEDED WINDOWS XP/2000 THEN THE DRIVER YOULL WANT IS Detonator XP
Driver 23.11 DOWN LOAD THAT SAVE TO MY DOCUMENTS OPEN IT WILL SAY THIS IS NOT A VALID WIN LOGO DRIVER ..INSTALL IT ANY WAYS YOULL BE PLAYING WOLFENSTEIN AN ABOUT 2 WHOLE MINUTES BUT THATS ONLY IF YOU GOT A VID CARD WITH NVIDIA CHIPSET AND FOR 98/ME PEOPLE THAT DROP DOWN MENU HAS A SPOT FOR YOU GUYS ALSO .... PEACE OUT.... ITS SIMPLE DONT GO CHANGING EVERY THING UP DATE YOUR DRIVER FIRST..............

12-26-2001, 10:38 PM
For those with XP and Nvidia drivers that gave you the blue screen,uninstall the current display drivers first.This is a very important step because if you don't,you will get the blue screen. A lot of
people overlook this step(including me).After uninstall,just install the lastest
Nvidia drivers again.

12-27-2001, 12:26 AM
i even cant find the ****ing WIN.INI file which should be the solution, guys PLS help me out here

12-27-2001, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by doesnt mater:
i even cant find the ****ing WIN.INI file which should be the solution, guys PLS help me out here

dude you dont need the win in file.....you just need to down load the new driver and install it go read 2 above yours ethereal ok you dont have to uninstall **** just install it right over your current driver it will work but read the ethereal post youll seee........

12-28-2001, 01:27 AM
"assuming '3dfxvgl' is a standalone driver"

anybody tried deleting 3dfxvgl ? should be in either the \windows , windows\system or windows\system32 folder

hope this helps mike.

01-13-2002, 02:55 AM
Thanks thanks thanks thanks and re thanks
for the adress of this site, Starshine and Scorpion Eagle .
Now it works for me

Rock
01-13-2002, 11:28 AM
That is incorrect. Downloading the latest NVidia drivers does not fix the DVA problem. Its a seperate issue. Win.ini is in you WINDOWS directory.

FTP Palace
01-13-2002, 01:58 PM
Check my topic !
http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001736.html

jazz
01-15-2002, 01:30 AM

jazz
01-15-2002, 01:33 AM

Hi i had the same problem and i downloaded the nwe detenators from nvidea (XP edition)
and found all was ok (dont use a download exelerator)

01-15-2002, 04:12 AM
i've the same problem i've a PIV with asus P4T chpset I850 , G3, win XP or 98 SE i play with directX, and i can't with openGL
Could not load OpenGL subsystem .
I take a old mother board BE6 with a PIII 500 with my G3 i take the same driver 21.83
and it' ok ... ???? i play all the night at medal of honnor and rtwc ..it's good but it's not the soluce !

01-19-2002, 08:30 PM
I get the cannot open the OpenGL when i try to open Return to Castle WOlfenstein too. It worked perfectly fine on Windows ME until I upgraded to XP. I run on an nVidia Geforce2 64mb, so maybe its windows XP it has a problem with?

Any info?

-Chronic6985@aol.com

bonedaddy
01-20-2002, 09:01 AM
I found this statment under notepad on opengl setup.
- WinME users with Radeon cards please note the following: Currently
we are experiencing a bug in our test lab with GLSetup crashing after
the installation process finishes (after you click on the Finish
button). When GLSetup closes an error box will pop stating that
GLSetup has cause an error with a GLS*.TMP file, where * is a random
number. So far this doesn't seem to effect the installation and is a
bug related to GLSetup itself and not the drivers. If you experience
this bug and have any problems, please file a bug report. If you are
a non-Radeon owner or are _not_ running WinME and you experience this
bug please file a bug report.

- We're trying to track down a problem where after installing GLSetup,
you cannot switch out of 640x480 mode. Sometimes reinstalling the
monitor drivers via the display control panel solves the problem.
Uninstalling GLSetup also fixes the problem. If you have this
problem, and can reproduce it repeatedly (in other words, you install,
have the problem, uninstall, it goes away, reinstall, it occurs again,
etc.), PLEASE send a bug report (see below) and mention this clearly.
It would really help us track down the problem.

- It is very important that you have the latest drivers for your
motherboard installed before you run GLSetup. This is important for
all users, but it is especially true for AMD CPU owners with ATI cards
(ATI Rage MAXX cards will not even boot with the latest display
drivers if the motherboard drivers are not up to date, and you'll have
to reboot in Safe Mode and uninstall them). Please update your
motherboard drivers before continuing. The webpage for your computer
manufacturer should be able to point you in the right direction to
upgrade the motherboard drivers.

I hope this helps you under stand. Opengl know of the problem and we all hope that it can be fixed soon

01-22-2002, 03:59 PM
I find the best way to deal with this problem, because i can't find the DVA=0 line in my win.ini is to scream loudly and pound your fists on the keyboard.

01-23-2002, 07:54 PM
OK now i know everyone and there mom has had problems with open gl and winxp but i need help too..... now i have a little odd of a computer its a compaq 7360 ... like everyone has said quake worked fine with win 98 but when i tried win xp it doesn't work .... i can't find a newer driver then the one that XP has already but it still says that it can't load the open gl subsystem ... i've tried downloading the newest drivers for my vid card and the update wizard says it can't find a better match then what it already is using.... i have (you can laugh if you want but i don't have the money for a new card but) a Trident Blade 3d/mvp4 with only 8 meg for ram, its integrated too ....i know i know ..... i've also tried to download open gl installers but still no luck .... someone help me Please... i want to play quake really bad...plus i would go back to 98 if i could be xp to use my cd burner but it won't ... it says its a burner but it won't write.. i'vce downlaoded the xp updates for it too but what ever.... mostly i just want quake to work right now ...so if anyone can help please tell me....this is the driver page http://www.viatech.com/drivers.index.htm
trident sold the rights to via tech ...so please help PLEASE

01-25-2002, 08:37 AM
I figured out the solution for the problem running OPENGL games in XP.
First:
Update to the latest Detonator drivers for your NVidia card for windows XP/2000.
( http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows2000)
Version 23.11

Second:
After the install of the videodriver search
for these 2 files:
opengl32.dll (670Kb, dated 7 sept 2001) and
opengl32.lib (325Kb, dated 16 july 1996).
The can be found in the windows\system32
directory.

Third:
Copy these 2 files into your game dir
for example: x:\Program Files\EA GAMES\MOHAA
(x is your drive letter where the game is installed!)
overwriting the old files that were there.
(the old opengl32.dll is 717Kb)

Last step:
Remove the '3dfxgl.dll' from your game dir.
that should fix the problem. I believe the
engine tries to load the 3dfx drivers
first. I think when they did the RTCW code
they did not do a validity check to make
sure there was not another opengl driver
before erroring out.

After these steps the game will work on XP too!!

Have fun people!!

01-25-2002, 10:09 AM
All right. Been trying to help a guy in my office get this damn game running. and he's the only one that gets this exact message everyone else is getting. Everything seems fine in his system. most current driver for his ATI Xpert 128, most current direct x, no string in his win.ini containing any dva=0, tried switching around all the damn opengl32.dll and .lib files, tried getting rid of the 3dfx.dll files, tried just about everything that everyone has suggested so far. He's running a windows 98 machine. If anyone has anymore suggestions, please, bring it on. i've been researching over the net for atleast three days now, and tried everything i've seen so far. Please help

01-27-2002, 03:16 AM

02-04-2002, 01:37 AM

---------------------------------------------

I'm having problem starting the "Medals of Honor Allied Assault", with error message:
"Could not load openGL subsystem".

Anyone found the solution?

victor

02-04-2002, 05:44 AM
About the Xp and glsubsystems...

I had problems with the 23.11 drivers, so I went to the nvidea archives and got the 22.83 (signed) and Wold runs great.

Using XP PRO,
Geforce4 ti200
768 Ram

If you guys are still having hardtimes, try disabling extensions in the config (allowglextensions "0"), also try tunring off wickedgl (think it is cg_ignorewicked3d, change 0 to 1).

robcroft
02-04-2002, 11:14 AM
I been working on this problem all weekend and finally figured it out. I was getting the exact same message trying to run MOHAA. I have 3 different computers and 2 with WinXP one with WinME. It ran on one of the system with no problem (it was a WinXP P3 866 with a ATI Rage/Expert 2000 32 meg). I have another system with WinXP with a Nvidia TNT2 64m and it was working find then I upgrade it to a G-Force 2 MX 400 and got the error message "can not load opengl subsystem" try server of the mentioned problems (i.e. install the latest Nvidia driver 23.11 along with server older version 21.83 and serveral others, looked for the DVA=0 in win.ini which wasn't there, drop the opengl32.dll into game dir and del 3dfx???.dll) none of these fixed the problem. So I switch out with one of my ATI cards and it still didn't work. So I looked into the system that was working and found in the c:\windows\system32 a different opengl32.dll file on the problem machine, it was 2,680 K dated 12/10/2001 and the one on the working machine was 670k dated 8/23/2001. I copied it over and wall-la it worked. So, then I put my Gforce2 MX 400 back in and it still didn't work. Then, I remember something from one of the post here saying to try the unreleased Nvidia beta drivers 27.20 uninstall current 23.11 and install 27.20 and now it works, hur-ray. Then on the Win ME system I put in the TNT2 M64 AGP card and it didn't work with the default driver from WinME. I then installed the lastest/official release ver 23.11 on it and it ran like a charm.
Bottom line is that there is not a single solution, but here are the ones that worked for me. Hope this helps you.

1) check the version of opengl.dll in your c:\windows\system32 directory. maybe try different ones, but the one that worked for me was 670K dated 8/23/2001. (If you look up serveral lines on the error messages you will see which directory the OpenGl32.dll file is loading from, so you only need to change that one)
2) Make sure you have the latest Driver and in the case of Nvidia you might need to get the lastest beta version (ie. v27.20)from http://www.guru3d.com/files/
I think this is the case with WinXP and newer Nvidia cards, cuz the 23.11 version for WinXP doesn't seem to support opengl.

Let me know if this helped. robcroft@cox.net

02-04-2002, 12:28 PM
Basically, there is a pattern here. All the games that do not seem to work here are running the Quake 3 engine. Well, they are for me, MOHAA and RtCW are knackered for me, but it only happened since I installed XP Pro. All I'm doing is downloadin my video card drivers and hopin for the best, btw, I've got a nVIDIA GeForce2 MX 400. If that helps anybody. Just download the Detonator drivers off the site and (hopefully) wikid!!

Fox

Lionheart
02-04-2002, 05:38 PM
HEED THIS REPLY!
Once again there is probably more than one solution to this common problem. However, what worked for me was "FrankieP" and his suggestion on 1/25/2002 at 9:37 am. He suggested downloading the newest drivers from nvidia, and then copying opengl.dll and opengl.lib from your c:\windows\system32 directory into your game directory (e.g. c:\windows\program files\EA Games\MOHAA(assuming c is the drive you installed the game on)), and then removing the 3dfxgl.dll file from the game directory. This worked right away for me without having to do anything else. For further details see FrankieP's post.
For Questions contact leo_lionhearted@hotmail.com

02-06-2002, 09:45 AM
i have been having the same problem with quake 3

This is what i got

Q3 1.11 win-x86 Nov 24 1999
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\baseq3\pak0.pk3 (3539 files)
C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena/baseq3

----------------------
execing default.cfg
execing q3config.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
...detecting CPU, found x86 (P5/Pentium2, MMX)

------- Input Initialization -------
Initializing DirectInput...
Couldn't set DI coop level
Falling back to Win32 mouse support...
Joystick is not active.
------------------------------------
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Winsock Initialized
Opening IP socket: localhost:27960
Hostname: jude
IP: 127.0.0.1
Working directory: C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena
----- R_Init -----
...initializing QGL
...using desktop display depth of 16
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
...initializing QGL
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------

RHINO
02-10-2002, 01:04 PM
I had the same problem when I first loaded XP but the new Nvidia drivers for Xp 23.1.1 fixed the OpenGL problem, but in multiplayer my packet loss went sky high any one have any ideas on that one?

02-19-2002, 07:28 PM
How the #&*$ did you come up with that solution? respond at mah_101381@yahoo.com

02-20-2002, 05:41 AM
I'm sure everyone here has long since fixed the problem but go to "my computer" and right click the icon. Go to performance tab and select video acceleration button. make sure hardware acceleration is set to max!

pantera.42@attbi.com

03-12-2002, 05:48 PM
The solution to my problem with "Could not load OpenGL subsystem" in the game Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

My system is Windows XP with an ATI Radeon 7500 video card.

I located all opengl32.dll files on my hard drive. I made note of their size, keeping only the opengl32.dll files with the size of 670 kb from 8/23/2001. I backed up and removed all opengl32.dll files from my hard drive other than the 670 kb version. I placed the 670 kb version in the following directories -- windows\system and windows\system32 and the game directory. The game then booted without error.

Contact me with any questions at stevennordby@hotmail.com

03-14-2002, 12:27 PM
Ok, I've looked over these posts, and tried some. I then went to my videocard makers website (I have a Trident Cyberblade Ai1 for my laptop). According to the site, it says OpenGL is not supported for Win2000, my OS, with this card. Can I still play RTCW? or must I get a new card (hopefully not...)?

Thanx - plz reply!
WhoMan

03-18-2002, 01:07 PM
I also have been getting this eror message with quake3(GLW-Start opengl ( ) -could not load openGL subsystem.) I have a win98 system with a NVIDIA 2MX/MX400 graphics board, I got mine to work! I reformatted, reloaded win98, directx 8.1, misc.software programs, then went to the windows update site and updated the security updates and IE, outlook express, and everything else that was there. After rebooting quake3 worked. I don't have any idea if this works on non win98 systems but if you have win98 try this, it couldn't hurt.

cheetah
03-19-2002, 07:24 PM
i ahve the answer to all ya'll problems!!!!
here go to this site and follow the easy steps and your gaming opengl will work!!!!
http://www.uq.net.au/~zzmbisho/how_to_fix-OpenGL-Subsystem.html

03-22-2002, 04:23 AM
i am going grazy i and i gonna play footbal whith my computer if there is no solution how can so big companies make such folds like that (never mind how meny folds i wrhite I'M FROM BELGIUM?°)

Compute Illiterate
03-22-2002, 10:07 PM
k i've tried ati.com for the newest drivers (which i have) i have a rage 128 pro AGP 4X and i have also tried finding the win.ini file all of you r trying 2 explain how to find and still can't find it. if anyone has ne ideas please reply

Harbinger
03-22-2002, 11:49 PM
I've been trying to get Ritual Entertainment's Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2 working on my computer to no avail. My OS is Windows 98 Second Edition and my video card is an ATI Rage IIC AGP. I see that it's not on the list of supported ATI cards, but I've never had any problems with OpenGL stuff before until now that is. I use Dev-C++, which is a compiler, and it comes with an example code and exe file simply named OpenGL and it's a multi-colored triangle spinning and it's programmed in OpenGL so I know my ATI Rage IIC AGP card will work with OpenGL I just can't figure out why HMF.A.K.K. 2 doesn't and why GLSetup says it's not able to support it. I'm not quite sure what to do to correct it. Any and all ideas or help will be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Harbinger (edited 03-23-2002).]

03-25-2002, 12:49 PM
I just got Medal of Honor and it almost starts but then it comes back with the response these other peeps have..."could not load OpenGL subsystem." Please help me out on this.

03-25-2002, 01:36 PM
I have also tried a lot of the things that other people have said but it either doesn't work or is to dang confusing. please give it to me in basic computer talk.

03-25-2002, 02:25 PM
I FIGURED IT OUT FOR WINDOWS XP USERS!!! If you continually get the could not load OpenGL subsystem, go to the ATI Manufacturers website and download Rage 128 Pro for Windows XP, restart your computer and it works. Go to http://techsupport.ea.com for extra help on page two. This works and it is a sweet opening scene!!! Youre Welcome

05-30-2002, 10:53 AM
If you have any Rvidia TNT,TNT2, or GeForce family video cards, look for this line in your win.ini file:
DVA=0
change it to:
;DVA=0
and save it then run whatever game you had problems with. NOTE IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH OTHER GAMES BECAUSE OF THIS, JUST TAKE OUT THE SEMICOLON AND SAVE IT.

05-30-2002, 06:48 PM
hi guys, i got the same problem with return to castle wolfenstein and jedi knightII:jedi outcast and i am using winME and nvidia riva tnt2 model 64. anyone out there that can help out? i'll most grateful.

06-02-2002, 03:25 PM
I got Jedi Outcast, and everytime I try to run, I get this problem:

JK2: v1.02a win-x86 Mar 4 2002
Initialising zone memory .....
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base\assets1.pk3 (8011 files)
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base\assets0.pk3 (6674 files)
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData/base

----------------------
14685 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec jk2config.cfg

Skipping check for DirectInput
Joystick is not active.

------- Force Feedback Initialization -------
...inhibited, not initializing

Working directory: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData
----- R_Init -----
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINNT\System32\opengl32.dll' ): succeeded
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------

06-04-2002, 03:22 AM
if you've been playing games with 98 but switched to windows xp you encounter a problem with loading openGL subsystems.
the problem for me was that my video card a nvidia gforce 2 32m didn't have the right drivers for win xp.i simply went to the nvidia website and got the new drivers. the webpage thing ( http://www.uq.net.au/~zzmbisho/how_to_fix-OpenGL-Subsystem.html )didn't work for me but it may work for you.

06-04-2002, 02:54 PM
Why can't the makers of the games just make a patch for this crap?

08-10-2002, 06:09 AM
HI

i have the problem on Xp, i've tried to play jedi knight2: jedi outcast. it says: could not load openGl subsystem can anyone help me. mal me coppenstim@otmail.com

plzzzzz help

Originally posted by rump:
Hi,

I had the same problem in XP with a Nvidia RIVA TNT2 Model 64 (driver version 2.3.1.1).
However I also have a second monitor on a S3 Virge PCI card. When I disabled the second monitor in Display Properties, Wolfenstein worked.

Hope this helps,

Rump

08-14-2002, 03:44 PM
on installing of voyager:elite force i got the openGL subsystem error. having tried all the suggested fixes I still could not fix it. then i came across a randome web page on openGL saying that it didn't support multiple video outputs which my video card has. i disabled the second video output and it works like a charm. hope this helps someone else out.

09-14-2002, 03:46 PM
Thank you it worked like a charm driving me nuts.

Originally posted by FrankieP:
First:
Update to the latest Detonator drivers for your NVidia card for windows XP/2000.
Version 23.11

Second:
for these 2 files:
directory.

Third:

Last step:
before erroring out.

Have fun people!!

Tucker_01
09-24-2002, 03:29 PM
anyone with a solution foe WINDOWS ME pleease please please help me out e-mail me at anti_flag_01@hotmail.com

Need help!!!!!
09-28-2002, 09:09 AM
First:
Version 23.11

Second:
for these 2 files:
directory.

Third:

Last step:
before erroring out.

Have fun people!!

can u send me opengl32.lib file?...i dident have it on my comp!!! send it to: king_cool79@hotmail.com

JML
09-30-2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Need help!!!!!:
can u send me opengl32.lib file?...i dident have it on my comp!!! send it to: king_cool79@hotmail.com

You don't need the .lib file to run OpenGL games and programs. The .lib is for building games/applications. Just the .dll is enough.

HTH

aldo657
09-30-2002, 08:00 AM

10-01-2002, 05:59 AM

Hey try the idea by TRitone, it worked for me with JK2 and MOHAA. Go into your windows files. Find WIN.INI. go down to [DrawDib]. Put a ; in front of the line DVG=0 and save. restart your computer and it works. I'm running a Gforce 4 Ti4200 on a Win98.

10-01-2002, 06:03 AM
The idea by 'TRITONE' really works. I had problems running JK2 and MOHAA. I went into my windows file. Open WIN.INI. Find the line DVG=0 and put a ; in front of the line. Save and reboot your computer. It REALLY Works!!!
I'm running a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 on Win98

Ken
10-02-2002, 03:59 AM
If you have dual monitors switch that off, and only have the primary monitor!

May help some people!

Ken

10-04-2002, 02:18 PM
Reading OpenGL information, it seems some OS are not supported (such as XP or 2K, which is my frustrating case). Should we have to wait until it is upgraded?

I downloaded the latest version of my display's driver (own a Compaq Laptop with trident i1 adapter) but still get same "could not..." message.

In Quake 3 Arena there is an option to install OpenGL and this setup can't install due to the OS I have (2K Pro).

Sad...

10-05-2002, 06:21 PM
i'm tring to run jedi outcast but i get that same friggen gl message. I'm running a Windows XP Pro os and i can't find the line saying [drawdib] or dvg=0...wtf?? someone help me out.
http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/confused.gif

towel_boi@hotmail.com

10-06-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by catlax:
The idea by 'TRITONE' really works ... Open WIN.INI. Find the line DVG=0 and put a ; in front of the line...

well, there is no such line in my win.ini, isn´t that great?!?!

10-06-2002, 06:34 PM
(Find WIN.INI. go down to [DrawDib]. Put a ; in front of the line DVG=0 and save)
My OS is windows XP, and the guy who posted this was using a 98 os, perhaps that's why there is no [DrawDib] linee or DVG=0.....
any suggestions?

http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/confused.gif
towel_boi@hotmail.com

10-09-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion Eagle:
Hey everyone,

This is awesome. It worked for me with ME and a Gforce3. http://www.uq.net.au/~zzmbisho/how_to_fix-OpenGL-Subsystem.html

Also a big thank you to whoever posted this link as i've had allsorts of problems with Soldier of Fortune II and this completely fixed it (after weeks of looking & pain) again MANY MANY thanx

10-09-2002, 08:13 PM
Ok guys this is an easy one
1. The problem is Your Quake3 game engine is not loading OpenGL
2.You need to make sure your video card
supports OpenGL/Direct3D(on a side note I could
never get my riva TNT64 to work with OpenGL
not sure if it was the card,bad gpu or what.
3.You need to load the latest drivers for your card and make sure you have the most current
version of Direct3D.
(Example if you are using a GF2MX and it gives you the could not load subsystem error, you need drivers with current OpenGL libraries and assignments/Current version of Direct3D for your card. Since its a Geforce2MX I'd goto www.nvidia.com (http://www.nvidia.com) for the latest drivers. Always make sure you pick WHQL signed drivers if your new. Most of use who have had experiance like this like to check out beta drivers but if you decide to do this make sure you download a program that will roll back to your old drivers in case any problems arise.)

10-10-2002, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Paully:

----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:

10-14-2002, 03:36 AM

10-16-2002, 04:49 AM
sometimes opengl works, sometimes it doesn't.
try to start it till it runs, it'll work after some time, just as it doesn't after some more time http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/wink.gif weird isn't it?

i tried almost everything...
different drivers, win2k+winxp, geforce2MX+GTS...

the problem just persists, in each program using openGL :p

somebody FIX IT plz http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

kevski
10-25-2002, 08:25 AM
It's not just Nvdia. Ive just upgraded (?) to W2K my 3Dprophet will only work in software mode. Tried messin with Open Gl dll files but got nothin yet. Also got no helpfull replies from Hercules (guillimot ) or Microsoft ...no surprise there then ;-(
Any help appreciated !

Originally posted by the.zero:
sometimes opengl works, sometimes it doesn't.
try to start it till it runs, it'll work after some time, just as it doesn't after some more time http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/wink.gif weird isn't it?

i tried almost everything...
different drivers, win2k+winxp, geforce2MX+GTS...

the problem just persists, in each program using openGL :p

somebody FIX IT plz http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

old gamer
10-28-2002, 04:08 AM
I have the same problem and have been to the nvidia site for the latest XP drivers (30.82_winxp.exe). However, when I try to install I get a message "The application failed to initialise properly (Oxc0000005)" and can't start the install. I must expalin I have just upgraded to Win XP from Win 98 and have a GEForce2 GTS 32Mb card. Can anyone help please?

Originally posted by EthereaL:
OK I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THIS SUBSYSTEM STUFF COULD NOT OPEN , OPEN GL WELL I FIXED MINE IM RUNNING WINDOWS XP.....THE DRIVERS THAT COMES WITH THIS OPERATING SYSTEM ARE GENERIC I WENT TO http://www.nvidia.com/ AND AT THE TOP IS A TAB ..DOWNLOAD DRIVERS ...IT WILL OPEN UP OR A FALL DOWN MENU WILL BE EXPOSED FOR ME I NEEDED WINDOWS XP/2000 THEN THE DRIVER YOULL WANT IS Detonator XP
Driver 23.11 DOWN LOAD THAT SAVE TO MY DOCUMENTS OPEN IT WILL SAY THIS IS NOT A VALID WIN LOGO DRIVER ..INSTALL IT ANY WAYS YOULL BE PLAYING WOLFENSTEIN AN ABOUT 2 WHOLE MINUTES BUT THATS ONLY IF YOU GOT A VID CARD WITH NVIDIA CHIPSET AND FOR 98/ME PEOPLE THAT DROP DOWN MENU HAS A SPOT FOR YOU GUYS ALSO .... PEACE OUT.... ITS SIMPLE DONT GO CHANGING EVERY THING UP DATE YOUR DRIVER FIRST..............

10-30-2002, 04:24 PM
read cheetah's post on page two.The winini file thing works great,got my games up and running,thanks
cheetah
im running win98 so i dont know if it works on other operating systems

11-07-2002, 09:54 AM
I used to run Windows ME, and had no problems with wolfenstein... When I upgraded to XP, my version no longer ran... We all share the same error message I now have the same problem with RTCW Game of the Year, which is supposed to be compatible with XP. If anyone figures out a solution, email me. IMHOTEP1978@aol.com

11-13-2002, 09:13 PM
Iv tried updating open gl and the problem still happens. Im on windows 98 and this error comes up when i start it.
If any one comes up with a solution please email me on dahalls2000@hotmail.com
Thanx
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Quake 3 Arena\baseq3\pak1.pk3 (7 files)
C:\Quake 3 Arena\baseq3\pak0.pk3 (3539 files)
C:\Quake 3 Arena/baseq3

----------------------
execing default.cfg
execing q3config.cfg

Joystick is not active.
Winsock Initialized
Opening IP socket: localhost:27960
Hostname: home
IP: 169.254.244.226
IP: 203.87.121.232
Working directory: C:\Quake 3 Arena
----- R_Init -----
...initializing QGL
...shutting down QGL
...initializing QGL
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------

11-16-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Mad man:
Iv tried updating open gl and the problem still happens. Im on windows 98 and this error comes up when i start it.
Thanx
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I have tryd the win.ini = DVA=o thin that dos not work on win xp i have upgraded the driver of my ati rage pro 128 3d device en try to find the 3dfxvgl.dll and try to search for 3dfxvgl en not even one of them is finded I have a MoHAA demo en Star Wars II JK but in not in one of them is the 3dfxvgl thing. Is there some kind of special update for my ati 3d device for the opengl bug?¿?¿?¿?
PLEASE HELP ME. Email the solution to joost_rendering@msn.com

11-17-2002, 08:21 PM
i can play medal of honor spear on my sis 730 xp and is has open gl but it is so fikin slow even with the minumum resolutn and color and detail and biliner.:'(

11-18-2002, 03:25 AM
Ok I know all of you are sick and tired of the useless advice that everyone seems to want to offer, but I actually do have a WORKING solution.
There are four steps:
1. Go to http://www.scitechsoft.com/
2. Download the file gldirect-3.0.0.exe
3. Install it
4. Reboot

Trust me this works, I tried EVERYTHING and nothing else stopped any of my errors (Fixed JK2, Tribes2, and UT3).
Peace,
Constrictor14

11-22-2002, 07:57 AM
I have the same problem as everone elce, everything was working fine a while ago but then when i tryed to open medal of honour i got that message. i haden't changed my hardware or changed my version of windows. i thought it was just an isolated case on my computer but when i loaded jedi knight 2 the same thing apeared and moved all the shortcuts on my desktop. i am running a geforce 2 and windows XP. any definate solutions to rustyrussellwazere@hotmail.com because i doubt i'll find anything here amoungst the masses of post on this subject. thanks.

Dopey
11-22-2002, 10:02 AM
I have the same problem as all of you guys, but I have a different video card, it's a 64 MB 3D Prophet 4500. I've used that Scisoft thingy, but when the free trail ends, I have to unistall it, and it's a lot more buggier that's for sure. I wish the people at OpenGL software would release a fix seeing how many people posted with the same problem...

cdeloge wrote:
All right. Been trying to help a guy in my office get this damn game running. and he's the only one that gets this exact message everyone else is getting. Everything seems fine in his system. most current driver for his ATI Xpert 128, most current direct x, no string in his win.ini containing any dva=0, tried switching around all the damn opengl32.dll and .lib files, tried getting rid of the 3dfx.dll files, tried just about everything that everyone has suggested so far. He's running a windows 98 machine. If anyone has anymore suggestions, please, bring it on. i've been researching over the net for atleast three days now, and tried everything i've seen so far. Please help

This is baically the same problem I have as well....

kevski also wrote:
It's not just Nvdia. Ive just upgraded (?) to W2K my 3Dprophet will only work in software mode. Tried messin with Open Gl dll files but got nothin yet. Also got no helpfull replies from Hercules (guillimot ) or Microsoft ...no surprise there then ;-(

I have the same card as well....
Any help appreciated !

[This message has been edited by Dopey (edited 11-22-2002).]

Prowess
11-29-2002, 05:20 PM
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\sp_pak2.pk3 (232 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\sp_pak1.pk3 (1342 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\pak0.pk3 (4775 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1/main

----------------------
6349 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec wolfconfig.cfg
execing autoexec.cfg
Bypassing CD checks
----- R_Init -----
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINNT\System32\opengl32.dll' ): succeeded
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
...initializing QGL
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------

looks like this is a huge problem. I have it too and am running windows 2000. tried all the links you guys gave and nothing. can soemone email me at bornredhead@hotmail.com with some hints or fix it. its with all my games.wolfenstien, sof, quake three etc.
thanks!

bigman
11-30-2002, 11:13 PM
ok first off make sure the game is compatible with open gl if not then get directx that should cure it if not then get the patches that you can find for them at the game developers site if that doesnt work. then one thing can be said you had to have downloaded the game from a peer to peer program which i see nothing wrong, but be warned they are sometimes altered files in them so if switching it to directx to play the game with doesnt work then you may need to contact the game developer, download a different file, or get the patches that are out for thoes games or either do all three http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif

Brato
12-05-2002, 02:16 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Guys Guys Try to Update ur windows with the newest Servicepack 3 it solve many problems and videoprblems 2 i had many problems with win 2000 and my GF3 but the servicepack fixis it!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-06-2002, 11:45 AM
I was wondering if anyone can please help me?? My problem is that whenever I try to launch a game like UT 2003, GTA 3, Spiderman etc..., they never work!!! There is nothing wrong with the copies of the game themselves, as I brought them to my neighbours and they work fine. What happens is that I click on the launch icon, and my mouse cursor turns into the little sand timer. The screen other than that does not change at all. When i press ctrl alt del, the "close program" menu comes up and the game that was launched is listed on the list. It is not the folder either. I have all the latest ATI drivers, and DirectX is updated. The only game that works for me is Half Life. If someone could please help me that would be great.

12-08-2002, 08:07 AM

----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:

12-11-2002, 06:13 PM
First:
Version 23.11

Second:
for these 2 files:
directory.

Third:

Last step:
before erroring out.

Have fun people!!

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS GET ANOTHER 3D CARD THAT SAYS XP AND OPEN GL ON THE PACKAGE. :eek:

12-12-2002, 06:10 PM
I HAVE A SOLUTION:

GO TO: I have recently found a great download from SCITECHSOFT.com or some address like that, which create its own Subsystem thingy, Great for OPENGL

HOPE I HELPED LADS

Fluffy
12-14-2002, 05:39 AM
Well here are some great ways how to make gl work. But i have problem too. I have upgraded to win xp and i need glfiles for it. When i have win Me the gl setup was working normaly but now in win xp i cant get the setup work(only 95/98 windows) well where can i get glfiles ppl?

Fluffy
12-14-2002, 05:40 AM
oh yew and i have voodoo 2 banshee

Halcyon
12-15-2002, 10:46 PM
Update to the latest video card drivers...they come with the newest OpenGL drivers too. That fixed the problem for a few people in the past who had this issue.

Desert Eagle
12-17-2002, 03:11 AM
hi,
i also had the same problem with windows 2k. so i installed win 98 again and start playing my favourite games like return to castle wolfenstien etc again.
this is the only solution i can give

12-18-2002, 03:41 PM
Thanks Paid Programmer and FrakieP
the fix on this forum worked for me.

12-28-2002, 10:01 AM
Try downloading New drivers for your 3d card.

01-04-2003, 06:00 PM
Just a shot in the dark here, but this might help you guys out... tell me if this helps at all.

http://www.voodoofiles.com/7564

01-05-2003, 10:09 AM
i have the same problem with MoH. i have win 98 and a tnt2 m64 graphicscard. the stiupid thing is: i was able to play openglgames,but now, it doesn´t work anymore.

i also have tried out that Scitech-programm, which alows me to start the game, but in a realy bad performance.(i think this program uses opengl with the help from direct3d) has somebody a better solution?

01-05-2003, 12:35 PM
i have now tried both suggestions, (Scitech and the file-link) and i´m able to play counter-strike with opengl, but there are some graphicfailures (the doors don´t open..)

moh still doesn´t work

01-08-2003, 04:25 AM

----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:

i have the same problem when i loaded my MOHAA

01-08-2003, 12:03 PM
I've been having similar problems lately, ever since I upgraded to 41.09 Detonators under Windows XP Pro w/SP1. Quake3 ran fine, so did quake2, and Voyager Elite Force. But, Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Jedi Knight II, and Quake2MaX didn't.

So, I started searching google came across this forum and many others and just found a bunch of fixes that worked for everyone but me (so it seemed). Feeling a little put down I started playing with the advanced properites applet from the display properties (see picture) and after staring at the OGL settings for the longest time, I decided to check "enable conformant OpenGL texture clamp behavior" I really don't know what this does but I figured that if it didn't work and trashed my drivers, I could always restore them using my 2nd monitor (which is driven by a voodoo3, probaly why 1/2 the "fixes" didn't work). I hit ok and tried running RTCW, worked. JK:2? worked. Quake2MaX? Worked.

I don't know how relative this is but if it works for one other guy, I'll be happy.
http://home.attbi.com/~black-baron1/texclamp.JPG

01-10-2003, 01:57 PM
######################################

Guys... I've found the answer.

If your games like quake, return to wolfen and other opengl games are having problems starting up, all you need to do is as follows.

The default windows display driver (98, XP, 2000, etc.) *** DOES *** NOT *** SUPPORT *** OPENGL. ***

So, please visit your display card vendor site and download the updated drivers from there, install the driver and reboot your system.

All your stuff should start working. If you get your stuff working, please please please mail me at <data_pipe@yahoo.com>

Data.

ogie
01-11-2003, 09:54 PM
yo guys
who has the problems with Could not load openGL or whatever just go on www.opengl.com (http://www.opengl.com) if u run version windows 95 and 98 but if u run other versions of computer then you are screwed

01-13-2003, 04:59 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gamer.

Used to run Windows Me, but have just installed XP.

When I run Medal of Honour I used to have OpenGL-problem, but this message disapared after installing the newest drive og OpenGL.

BUT I have a new problem :
After joining a game, and map is downloading the game crashes and the console message says :"Medal of Honour requires a video card with multitexturing capability."

Please help me !!!

01-17-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by squidgy:
check this out http://www.uq.net.au/~zzmbisho/how_to_fix-OpenGL-Subsystem.html

didnt work for me, probably coz i'm running xp, should work for most tho me thinks!

I got the same problem running Medal of HonorALlied Assault and Spearhead, and i tried that link before-http://www.uq.net.au/~zzmbisho/how_to_fix-OpenGL-Subsystem.html[/URL] and it doesnt work. It says to change in win.ini change DLD(or somthn like that)-0 to ; DLD(somthin like that)-0 (without the (somthin like that, i just forgot.) It's not that you have XP, it doesnt work on my 900 Pavillion, and this baby is pretty fast. COnsidering we spent so much money on the pentium 4.

01-19-2003, 11:53 PM
SImple solution not to be overlooked!

To all those still having trouble with the Opengl problem you have my sympathies. I am running W98SE with an ATI 8500LE card and had this problem appear after I upgraded my processor. Various games stopped loading and I tried everything suggested in this forum and others(including new install. Who ever said there is no single solution was right but for what it's worth the fix for me was one of the simplest one's and one I thought I had checked early on but obviously hadn't done it properly.

This was originall posted by Ken on page two of this string - Opengl will not run if you have dual monitor support enabled on your video card - even if you don't have another monitor hooked up - it only has to be enabled for it to stop working. Check your display settings carefully as some cards hide this feature away and when you think you have turend it off you haven't.

Also, if you have tried re-installing just the driver and not the ATI/Nvidia control panels chances are you won't be able to find this feature at all.

Hope it helps and thanks Ken - should have looked a bit closer - would have saved a "lot" of time!.

RJ

01-23-2003, 07:20 AM
Teehee. I wrote a program, ran it, it caused chaos, I fixed everything, went to play Quake and had the openGL problem, my libraries were missing so I reinstalled them. I expect a common problem is that some people didn't install openGL at all.

01-23-2003, 10:53 AM
http://users.skynet.be/perspage/game/screenshots.html seems to work for some people, I just say what I read in an other thread, hopefully it works

greetz

01-23-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Rate:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gamer.

Used to run Windows Me, but have just installed XP.

When I run Medal of Honour I used to have OpenGL-problem, but this message disapared after installing the newest drive og OpenGL.

BUT I have a new problem :
After joining a game, and map is downloading the game crashes and the console message says :"Medal of Honour requires a video card with multitexturing capability."

Please help me !!!

ARGH THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO!!! WHATS GOING ON!?

01-25-2003, 12:06 PM
ok.. i tried all these fixes... along with a bottle of seagrams and all i got was pissed.

uninstall the game (rtcw) go into program files, back up your saved game, delete the file and reinstall the game... when done, copy your saved games into the directory and play the mofo...

01-25-2003, 06:26 PM
I tried it and guess what? It worked! tried everything else. BF works fine now.

Originally posted by Black_Baron:
I've been having similar problems lately, ever since I upgraded to 41.09 Detonators under Windows XP Pro w/SP1. Quake3 ran fine, so did quake2, and Voyager Elite Force. But, Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Jedi Knight II, and Quake2MaX didn't.

So, I started searching google came across this forum and many others and just found a bunch of fixes that worked for everyone but me (so it seemed). Feeling a little put down I started playing with the advanced properites applet from the display properties (see picture) and after staring at the OGL settings for the longest time, I decided to check "enable conformant OpenGL texture clamp behavior" I really don't know what this does but I figured that if it didn't work and trashed my drivers, I could always restore them using my 2nd monitor (which is driven by a voodoo3, probaly why 1/2 the "fixes" didn't work). I hit ok and tried running RTCW, worked. JK:2? worked. Quake2MaX? Worked.

I don't know how relative this is but if it works for one other guy, I'll be happy.
http://home.attbi.com/~black-baron1/texclamp.JPG

01-26-2003, 06:30 AM

i had same problem just update your graphics card drivers

01-26-2003, 08:24 PM
Finally, I have discovered the cause of this problem on my system.

I have a pIII 700 running windows xp pro with a recently installed geforce2 mx440 and was experiencing the same opengl problems. After a bit of experimentation, I found that if I boot the system with a desktop bit depth of 16bit, the opengl worked just fine.
It doesn't work if you just change it to 16bit, you actually have to reboot to make it effective. Also, I found that if I didnt lower my resultion from 1280x1024 before rebooting, it automatically changed the bit depth back to 32bit.

Now I'm not exactly pleased that I have to go through this to make it work, but it is relatively painless compared to the hours of research and crap I had to go through before figuring it out. Hope this helps you.

seeker of the sublime yet beautiferous,
OBI_RON

01-27-2003, 12:33 PM
disabling the second monitor worked!!! thank you very much

Bernie1504
01-29-2003, 06:10 AM
I tried to install Medal of honor and I got the open GL error so I searched on this forum for an answer and found it.

A big thanks to FrankieP for his solution. In my case it worked like a charm so if you have the open GL problem try the FrankieP's solution it might work for you too.

02-02-2003, 08:38 PM
Hi

i got the same prob with my geforce4 ti4200

all my prob have start when i have update my nvidia drivers.

moh spearheads gime me opengl error when i load it on my first screen (NEC accusync75f)(i have a dual screen) , all thing work when i load it on my second screen ( a old 14" datatrain)

same for age of mythology

sof2 work perfectly
thats the weirdest thing ever

02-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by kgm:

ok RTCW used to work on my comp none of the hardware changed but i reformated, it worked when i had windows 98, then when i used windows ME i started getting the openGL error. thats the only thing i can link to it.

Delorian
02-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Click Start / Run.
Type "win.ini" (without quotes) and press OK.
Search for a line that says "DVA=0" (without the quotes).
Add a semicolon ( http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/wink.gif before the DVA (the line should now look like this: ";DVA=0" (without quotes))
Save and close the file
If you find this causes more problems, just take out the semicolon.

Delorian

Delorian
02-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Click Start / Run.
Add a semicolon ( http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/wink.gif before the DVA (the line should now look like this: ";DVA=0" (without quotes))
Save and close the file

Delorian

Originally posted by Zippy:

Peace

Zippy

02-16-2003, 11:00 AM
Worked for me, thanks a million.

Hey everyone,

03-02-2003, 10:12 AM
I have been having similar problems, no opengl stuff worked under windows 2000 pro but here is how i fixed it:

It seems that there is a problem with the opengl32.dll (modified 7/12/99 691 984 bytes) file in my C:\WINNT\system32 folder and a much older version of the file (modified 24/08/96 733 296 bytes) works much better.
When i go to replace it in the system32 directory windows won't let me (i think this has something to do with my priviliges settings - i just upgraded to 2000 and am not all that familiar with it). So what i do is copy the working dll into the same folder as the program's executable i am trying to launch.

http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif Hope it woks fo you (i here xp is very similar to 2000 in these respects)

03-06-2003, 06:33 AM
rename 3dfxOGL.dll to 3dfxVGL.dll in windows\system

03-11-2003, 05:21 PM
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.
Conversely,
IF IT'S ALREADY BROKEN, YOU CAN'T BREAK IT TWICE, GET CREATIVE.

Ron

Have phillips-head screwdriver, will travel...

03-14-2003, 01:41 AM
Ditto here with the opengl thing when trying to run JK II Jedi Outcast. I managed to fix it on my machine running XP Pro & Geforce2/MX400 32Mb. But on my sons computer running 98se (which he wants to keep, doesn't want to U/G to XP) Athlon 800/128Mb/Monster Fusion 16Mb we're still strugling to get Quake III to run with the same opengl subsystem message. Searched for the DVA=0 in win.ini but not there. ST Armada II doesn't want to run either with the error message "Device attached to the system is not functioning" then we get "The MSVCP60.DLL is linked to missing export MSVCRT.DLL:__lc_collate_cp" Any help would be great http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif TIA

03-14-2003, 01:44 AM
Ditto here with the opengl thing when trying to run JK II Jedi Outcast. I managed to fix it on my machine running XP Pro & Geforce2/MX400 32Mb. But on my sons computer running 98se (which he wants to keep, doesn't want to U/G to XP) Athlon 800/128Mb/Monster Fusion 16Mb we're still strugling to get Quake III to run with the same opengl subsystem message. Searched for the DVA=0 in win.ini but not there. ST Armada II doesn't want to run either with the error message "Device attached to the system is not functioning" then we get "The MSVCP60.DLL is linked to missing export MSVCRT.DLL:__lc_collate_cp" Any help would be great http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif TIA

03-16-2003, 10:19 AM
check your video card settings .. see if microsoft digitally signed is running your graphics card.. if so change it so your drivers are running it.. ive xp pro and had probs with splinter cell and wolfenstein until i changed over to navida drivers . i dont think it matters how old they are the ones i downloaded wernt the latest

worth a try chaps

Jailton
03-18-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by PissedOffJedi:

JK2: v1.02a win-x86 Apr 4 2002
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Arquivos de programas\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast Demo\GameData/base

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files

Running in restricted demo mode.

----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Arquivos de programas\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast Demo\GameData\demo\assets0.pk3 (2168 files)
C:\Arquivos de programas\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast Demo\GameData/demo

----------------------
2168 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec jk2config.cfg
...detecting CPU, found AMD w/ 3DNow!

Skipping check for DirectInput
Joystick is not active.

------- Force Feedback Initialization -------
...inhibited, not initializing

Working directory: C:\Arquivos de programas\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast Demo\GameData
----- R_Init -----
...initializing QGL
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------

ShArKs oNMy FooT
03-18-2003, 11:26 AM
You guys too??
Ok here's how it went for me:

-I Had just installed then new Radeon Catalyst drivers for my 7500

-Then I decided to upgrade my Directx to 9.0

-I try to play Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast and it gives the subsystem error, I have never had this problem before and haven't had any OpenGL issues since the whole Tribes 2 inncident....

-Im running a Radeon 7500 with Windows XP (Home Ed.) The JK2 patch is up to date and I was able to get into a game a few minutes before I installed the New Radeon Driver (For XP) and DirectX 9.0

Ok u guys need to know anything else? Not that there's any decent answers to this problem....
Oh well i got nothing better to do and wait, that and brush up on counter strike (the Bug is there too but I can switch the driver to D3D, that and is says that OpenGL isn't even installed)....

ShArKs oNMy FooT
03-18-2003, 11:35 AM
Hmm just read the entire forum.......
I'm just ever so happy you people with your little GeForces could fix your problem by hitting the Semi Colon but

WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ATI CARDS!?!?

ShArKs oNMy FooT
03-18-2003, 01:59 PM
wOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Just fixed!!!!

This might not work for you but Im an ATI card user and I reinstalled this driver wxp-w2k-radeon-7-84-030228a1-008040c-efg and cranked the d3d and opengl settings in settings display (where you edit background and stuff, click last tab and hit advanced button)

BiscuitEater
03-24-2003, 03:59 PM
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/2006/ check this out lots of fixes

[TKK]ToR3tTo

03-24-2003, 06:40 PM
Wolf 1.32 win-x86 May 1 2002
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
F:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\sp_pak4.pk3 (21 files)
F:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\sp_pak3.pk3 (14 files)
F:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\sp_pak2.pk3 (232 files)
F:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\sp_pak1.pk3 (1342 files)
F:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\pak0.pk3 (4775 files)
F:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1/main

----------------------
6384 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec wolfconfig.cfg
execing autoexec.cfg
...detecting CPU, found AMD w/ 3DNow!
Bypassing CD checks
----- R_Init -----
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\opengl32.dll' ): succeeded
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
...initializing QGL
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------

This is what its saying for my RTCW game of the year edition. I'm runnin a g2 mx 400 64mb and none of the driver stuff is helping worth a danm. I'm new to XP and hardly know anything about it so anyone who has alot of experience with XP any advice would be helpful.

03-25-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by kgm:

Win Me worked with Quake III, Soldier of Fortune (and others OPENG GL based games) some time ago.
When I reformatted-reloaded the same OS (Me) I’ve got the ‘Could not load OpenGL subsystem’ message. Why???
I already updated my SiS630/730 drivers, and nothing happens… please help.

03-26-2003, 05:47 PM
I read in this website that, in dis file called win.ini, all u had to do wuz put a semicolon before DVA=0 which would make it look like ;DVA=0
the website is

Hope this helps Non Xp users cuz i have XP and Microsoft thinks direct x sofves everything...

03-28-2003, 07:35 PM
Scenerio: You have an AMD XP 1.15 GHz system with NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX400 card and WindowsXP. You want to play JKII, you have the latest drivers, but when you try to run it, it says "Could not load OpenGL subsystem"

How do I rememdy this situation?
-Fenril

03-29-2003, 02:48 PM
this page posts the fixes for opengl subsystem errors

03-29-2003, 02:51 PM
this link shows answers to opnegl subsystem errors
http://www.geocities.com/lionshonorsquad/mohaa.htm#opengl

boudcindy
03-30-2003, 07:31 AM
When I try to start Medal of Honor (allied hassault), i'm not able and I get this text to screen. I use winXP .

03-30-2003, 08:44 AM
Hey everyone,

To: Scorpion Eagle (A big thank you)
And tks so much to Agarthan for posting the problem of the OpenGL at www.uq.net.au (http://www.uq.net.au)

It worked for me too..........just great.

Again tks for taking the time to post this info....

Ricosta
04-03-2003, 03:11 AM
Hi everybody!

I HAD the same problem like everyone here. I use a Voodoo 3 3000 AGP and i found working OpenGL driver for this card with WinXP. Now I can play all the games like Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor or something. Check out this link!
http://www.voodoofiles.com/getit.asp?id=9527&g=1&d=3&s=123031513

greetz

[This message has been edited by Ricosta (edited 04-03-2003).]

04-03-2003, 12:29 PM
Go to the website: http://www.uq.net.au/~zzmbisho/how_to_fix-OpenGL-Subsystem.html

This may help you, it didn't for me but it may be different on different computers!!

04-03-2003, 01:09 PM
I have a Abit Siluro T400 (nvidia geforce2 64Mb) and window XP. With directx 9 many games (MOHAA,ONI,...) don't work now. There is a problem with opengl subsystem. The message is :"
------- Input Initialization Complete ------- 16
You are now setup for medium mode.
Called FadeSound with: 0.000000
----- R_Init -----
...initializing QGL
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 24, 0 )
...41 PFDs found
...hardware acceleration found
...PIXELFORMAT 3 selected
...creating GL context: failed
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
...initializing QGL
...shutting down QGL
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem"
I have tried to correct win.ini but i don't have that line to change so ?!?.
If anyone would try to help me, pleas write to raziel76x@yahoo.it. Thank you.

04-04-2003, 03:05 PM
I have winXP Proffesional on a Dual Athlon 1800+ 2GB RAM. Everything went well until I installed Matlab 6.5. release 13. Erasing Matlab 6.5 everything worked correctly again.

04-05-2003, 03:34 AM
i bought JK2 today and I' ve had the same problems with Opengl subsystem, its wierd as i have been playing quake 3( i just bought this pc and the bloke i bought it off had q3 installed and gave me the game) q3 plays but JK2 doesn't!
any help

04-05-2003, 03:45 AM
i bought JK2 today and I' ve had the same problems with Opengl subsystem, its wierd as i have been playing quake 3( i just bought this pc and the bloke i bought it off had q3 installed and gave me the game) q3 plays but JK2 doesn't!
any help

04-05-2003, 03:46 AM
how would i turn off the speaker in the pc
like someone said to do? i wanna try that, please guide me im new with pc's

04-08-2003, 11:17 AM
yepz, also with me. But it is probably because our videocards aren't made for these kind of games. I own a laptop with a Trident Cyberblade Ai1 AGP.

If anyone knows a program that solves the multitexture problem, or bypasses it with software (Like Scitechs GLDirect for OpenGL if your videocard/drivers doens't support OpenGL), let me know!

04-10-2003, 03:36 PM
YO try going to nvidia.com and downloading a newer xp driver or graphics driver.....should work im tryin right now

04-12-2003, 06:06 PM
when i was using ME, i could play half-life with opengl just fine, but when i went to xp, it says my video card wont support the opengl video setting, no matter what resolution i set it on, it says this. Im gettin tired of playing it using the pos software renderer, help would be appreciated.

also, if anyone has any idea how to get moh:allied assault to work, at the beggining when its loading it says could not load opengl subsystem, if you can help, please post

04-15-2003, 03:27 AM
Anyone of you have problems have matlab (6.5) installed? If so, try to disable the matlab server service - helped me (known bug on matlab's website - "opengl mode not found")

04-19-2003, 07:30 AM
i have same problem with quake 3 in slackware linux 9.0

04-21-2003, 06:13 AM
there IS no fix... i've tried ALL of the above... it still works sometimes, and other times it doesnt.. i also find that my screensaver wont start and my monitor wont suspend either... cant some people who make opengl help us?! http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/frown.gif

Rage
04-21-2003, 09:32 AM
Mate to get the games to work you can eather do one of two things

you can download a patch from windows i think i mate told me that or you can do what i did and change your system so that windows xp and windows 2000 at the same time that will work mate.

04-22-2003, 05:35 PM
In the page

It is not commented the solution for the windows XP problem.
I have an NVIDIA Geforce2 graphic card and windows XP.
When installing MOHAA i had the problem you described and
what i had to do was to:

- go to nvidia webpage and get the last drivers for windows 2000/XP
- unistall the current driver (right-click on desktop, select
Properties, then select Settings, click on Advanced button, then
select Adapter, then click on Properties button, then select
Driver, and click on Uninstall button)
- restart the computer (requested in the process)
- install the new nvidia drivers. They are not signed and there
is a windows alert preventing you that the software was not
tested for Microsoft. Ignore it.
- Restart the computer
- Select your prefered graphic mode display (1024x728 for example)
- Play the game

That's all.

04-24-2003, 05:20 PM
Thank You. Killing the matlab server solves the problem for me. I had the last drivers in windows xp.

04-27-2003, 06:14 AM

>>>>I HAVE XP HOME ON MY LAP TOP AND IT WORKS AWSOME.. I HAVE XP PRO ON MY BIG COMPUTER AND MY OPEN GL SUBSYSTEM DOES NOT WORK EITHER. I JUST PLAY ON MY LAP TOP

04-27-2003, 07:31 AM
return to castle wolfenstien is awsome... i hate open gl it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I NEED HELP TO MAKE IT WORK

i have wingows xp profesionsal version 2002, pentium 4 1700 mhz , 171 ghz
256 md of ram

return to castle wolfenstein works on my plap top withc has windows xp home. It is a compaq presairo.

any one that could halep me .....would be greal.. i already tried all the other **** email me

canadarocks02@hotmail.com

04-27-2003, 08:03 AM
i need help

04-27-2003, 10:50 AM
I have windows xp...pro...i have pentum 4 ..al the newest shi*. I can't play my fav mp game wolfenstien or the new one wolfenstien enemy territory.. it sux.. i need my lap top with xp homwe to play the games. I want to play it on this computwer but iall i get is this.
For enemy territory

ET 2.32 win-x86 Apr 23 2003
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
D:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\ettest\pak0.pk3 (2381 files)
D:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\ettest\mp_bin.pk3 (4 files)
D:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1/ettest

----------------------
2385 files in pk3 files

Running in restricted demo mode.

----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
D:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\ettest\pak0.pk3 (2381 files)
D:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\ettest\mp_bin.pk3 (4 files)
D:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1/ettest

----------------------
4770 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
Bypassing CD checks
----- R_Init -----
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\opengl32.dll' ): failed
...shutting down QGL
...initializing QGL
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------

this for return to castle
Wolf 1.0 win-x86 Nov 13 2001
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
D:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\mp_pak2.pk3 (3 files)
D:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\mp_pak1.pk3 (308 files)
D:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\mp_pak0.pk3 (783 files)
D:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\pak0.pk3 (4775 files)
D:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1/main

----------------------
5869 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
execing autoexec.cfg
Bypassing CD checks
Loaded 680 translation strings from scripts/translation.cfg
----- R_Init -----
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\opengl32.dll' ): failed
...shutting down QGL
...initializing QGL
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------

i have tried all the **** from lokin in the win.ini files

; for 16-bit app support
[fonts]
[extensions]
[mci extensions]
[files]
[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1
[MCI Extensions.BAK]
aif=MPEGVideo
aifc=MPEGVideo
aiff=MPEGVideo
asf=MPEGVideo2
asx=MPEGVideo2
au=MPEGVideo
m1v=MPEGVideo
m3u=MPEGVideo2
mp2=MPEGVideo
mp2v=MPEGVideo
mp3=MPEGVideo2
mpa=MPEGVideo
mpe=MPEGVideo
mpeg=MPEGVideo
mpg=MPEGVideo
mpv2=MPEGVideo
snd=MPEGVideo
wax=MPEGVideo2
wm=MPEGVideo2
wma=MPEGVideo2
wmv=MPEGVideo2
wmx=MPEGVideo2
wvx=MPEGVideo2

i cant find the file and even downlaoding latest drivers from niviada.

it still wont work and i am pissed.

any one with any ideas email me at canadarocks03@hotmail.com

04-29-2003, 05:39 AM
I`ve got the same problems!... but when i`ve installed the new drivers SoF2 and HL(under openGL) it goes!! but when I start Jedi outcast it is so slow that I can`t move my mouse right http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/frown.gif (when i was whit Win98 the game (on high details) worked great!!

05-05-2003, 09:35 PM
Holy cow... after hours and hours of cursing at nVidia and playing with
various .dll's/.lib's, this finally did the trick! (Yay nVidia, Boo Matlab!)

And... Thanks!

Originally posted by AndersDahlberg:
Anyone of you have problems have matlab (6.5) installed? If so, try to disable the matlab server service - helped me (known bug on matlab's website - "opengl mode not found")

jedi knight
05-06-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by PissedOffJedi:

JK2: v1.02a win-x86 Mar 4 2002
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base\assets1.pk3 (8011 files)
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base\assets0.pk3 (6674 files)
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData/base

05-07-2003, 07:12 AM

05-07-2003, 04:17 PM
Here I am to join the club! I have the same problems with elite force (Old and new!) and jedi knight II, and nobody has the answers! I tried contacting the technical support and got a guy to help me, but it didn't work. I'm just giving up! I'm soooo discouraged!

05-08-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by ues:
we have the same problem

05-08-2003, 04:54 PM
Has anyone tried this?
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_20011119_6349

GAME MASTER
05-09-2003, 04:49 AM

There is a way to fix that instead of having to spend hours trying other peopels solutions My friend had was gettin the same error message for medal of honor allied assault he has a nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 64 mb, i had lent him a game called Command & Conquer:Renegade made by westwood.
after he got bored of that he gave medal of honor another go and guess what! it worked perfectly!! i am guessing that renegade put in a different OPENGL. So if you got like 30 bucks to spend buy Command & Conquer; Renegade or if you have any other westwood game then install that and try your game. This may or may not work but give it a go.

05-12-2003, 08:57 AM
came accross this website, might help http://www.uq.net.au/~zzmbisho/how_to_fix-OpenGL-Subsystem.html

05-12-2003, 10:52 PM

I messed up my RTCW by playing around with the resolution. It was working well, but after I made an adjustment, it gave me the "GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem" error.

WELL I FIXED THE PROBLEM MENTIONED ABOVE!!!

I simply went into c:\programfiles\returntocastlewolfenstein\main\wol fconfig.cfg
There, I simply MOVED (instead of deleting) the "wolfconfig.cfg" file. I just moved it into another folder I created, far away from the game directory!

I then started the game, and I assume it made a brand new "config" file automatically. The game is running just fine.

If this helps ANYBODY, then PLEASE let me know. I personally want to know I helped at least ONE person.

Sorry I am not registered here, but you can EMAIL me at bradburdick1@excite.com

Thanks so much

05-13-2003, 10:26 PM
i just did a fresh install on my box and had the opengl issue. funny thing is, i didnt change a damn thing.. anyhoo, im gunna uninstall the default winblows drivers, install the newest one and move my config file out of my game dir. as someone said earlier, it may be an issue.. if i sort it out, ill post a solution.

05-13-2003, 10:30 PM
just pulled my cfg out.. nothing changed, still got issues, so moving your cfg does nothing.

05-13-2003, 11:08 PM
installed 41.09 driver and all's well. im running xp with amd 1200 athlon, gf2 mx200 32mb vid card. hope this helps some of yew.

05-20-2003, 06:32 PM
i have star wars outcast and whenever i try to play all i get is this ...restoring display settings
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
i need HELP!!!

05-27-2003, 05:10 PM
Got it working finally!
I'm using XP with a GF4, kept getting OpenGl error messages when trying to play Jedi 2.
Tried all the "fixes", you name it I tried it. Turned out it was Matlab!!!
Thanks alot AndersDahlberg for the fix (disabling the matlab server service)!!
To everyone else with this problem I recommend you try updating to the latest drivers first. If that doesnt help maybe try disabling any suspicious xp service (use google to find out how to do this).
The key idea is that the quake 3 engine QUITS if any other program is using the opengl renderer (eg matlab in my case). Check a few posts up for a link to a nvidia faq entry on this.
This probably isnt the definative solution but I hope this helps someone else.
Good luck!

05-28-2003, 05:10 PM
OK I HAVE THE SOLUTION FOR ATI CARDS!!!!!!!
1)ok go to www.ati.com (http://www.ati.com) download the newest drivers
2) go to your 'Windows' folder on your main hardrive, then go to system32 then look for "opengl.dll",copy it
3)put it into the game's folder for example "D/program files/EA games/Medal Of Honor Allied Assualt/
****NOTE**** there is already an opengl.dll in the directory but say yes to the overite window

I hope this is helpful, it sure was for me
this should work for ATI Radeon cards, I did it with a Radeon 7500

ballah1112
06-02-2003, 05:05 AM

thats all i can say
thats ur answers

06-02-2003, 05:40 AM
I am also getting that god forbidden message when I try to start up MOHAA. None of these solutions that you all have post help me because most of them are solutions for XP. I have Win 98 and my vid card is "Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro".

Do you need to have Open GL installed to play MOHAA? And if you do..I dont think i do, and i have tried installing it but it always stops me and says "GL Setup does not contain OpenGL drives for your display device". I have already updated my old vid card into my Diamond Stealth and it still dosnt work.

Please I have been frustrated with this problem for a long time. Please help me someone.

06-02-2003, 11:35 AM
i have the same problem as wolfwood! I really really want to play MOH someone help!

ballah1112
06-03-2003, 04:47 AM
it should work with win98...

ryanbenito
06-04-2003, 05:37 PM
guys your problems are easy...follow this steps:
1.start menu
2.run
3.type:win.ini
now on the win.ini file look for the space line "DVA="without the quotes simply put ";"before DVA so it should look like this ;DVA then save it...simple u should be able to play now MOH and CS and other stuff ok?
pls email me when u fix the problem.
ryan_22_angel@yahoo.com

ryanbenito
06-04-2003, 05:49 PM
your problems are easy dudes...just follow this steps:
1.start menu
2.run
3.type:win.ini
in win.ini file find the word DVA= just put ";"before DVA.it should look like this ;DVA= now you can say good bye to glw_cannot open subsystem whatever!!!play your MOH,CS jedi and everything
just email me me if this works ryan_22_angel@yahoo.com
happy playing guys!

06-04-2003, 06:14 PM

06-04-2003, 06:16 PM

06-04-2003, 06:46 PM
I've tried every single @!#%ing solution here and nothing's worked.

What the hell is that crap?

Didn't they test this ****?

GRRRR!!

ryanbenito
06-04-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by J05:
I've tried every single @!#%ing solution here and nothing's worked.

What the hell is that crap?

Didn't they test this ****?

GRRRR!! just try mine and your problems are over ok?its the file from your win.ini DVA wher the problem is...email me ok? www.ryan_22_angel@yahoo.com (http://www.ryan_22_angel@yahoo.com) ok?

06-05-2003, 06:06 AM
I'm running XP

it doesn't have that line.

; for 16-bit app support
[fonts]
[extensions]
[mci extensions]
[files]
[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1
[MCI Extensions.BAK]
aif=MPEGVideo
aifc=MPEGVideo
aiff=MPEGVideo
asf=MPEGVideo2
asx=MPEGVideo2
au=MPEGVideo
ivf=MPEGVideo2
m1v=MPEGVideo
m3u=MPEGVideo2
mp2=MPEGVideo
mp2v=MPEGVideo
mp3=MPEGVideo2
mpa=MPEGVideo
mpe=MPEGVideo
mpeg=MPEGVideo
mpg=MPEGVideo
mpv2=MPEGVideo
snd=MPEGVideo
wax=MPEGVideo2
wm=MPEGVideo2
wma=MPEGVideo2
wmp=MPEGVideo2
wmv=MPEGVideo2
wmx=MPEGVideo2
wvx=MPEGVideo2
wpl=MPEGVideo
[MSUCE]
Advanced=0
CodePage=Unicode
Font=Arial
[WS_FTP]
[ChessRally 2]
Installed=1
[QuickTax2002]
MediaPath=F:\MEDIA\
FilesDir=C:\QuickTax 2002\
InstallMedia=CD
HelpSurvey=0
WebAccess=1
WebRegDone=1
NeedICSetup=N
MatchMode=0
SmallGraph=34 100
Maximize=1
MRUfile1=C:\QuickTax 2002\Robert.q02
MRUfile2=C:\QuickTax 2002\Therese.q02
MRUfile3=C:\QuickTax 2002\Joseph.q02
MRUfile4=C:\QUICKT~1\Therese.q02
MRUfile5=
MRUfile6=
MRUfile7=
MRUfile8=
MRUfile9=
UpdateFileVersion=918
RegistrationShown=1
TestFPU=0
BadFPU=0
FirstReturn=0
InstCode0=26294292041324
ActCode0=28870502666

06-05-2003, 06:32 AM
what if you can't find the file DVA=O in your system??

ryanbenito
06-05-2003, 08:41 PM
[windows]
load=
run=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\cmmpu.exe
NullPort=None
device=Net-It Now! SE,NetItDrv,LPT1:

[Desktop]
Wallpaper=C:\MYDOCU~1\MYPICT~1\1.BMP
TileWallpaper=0
WallpaperStyle=0
Pattern=(None)

[intl]
iCountry=1
ICurrDigits=2
iCurrency=0
iDate=0
iDigits=2
iLZero=1
iMeasure=1
iNegCurr=0
iTime=0
iTLZero=0
s1159=AM
s2359=PM
sCountry=United States
sCurrency=$
sDate=/
sDecimal=.
sLanguage=enu
sList=,
sLongDate=dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy
sShortDate=M/d/yyyy
sThousand=,
sTime=:

[Fonts]

[FontSubstitutes]
Helv=MS Sans Serif
Tms Rmn=MS Serif
Times=Times New Roman
Helvetica=Arial
MS Shell Dlg=MS Sans Serif

[Compatibility]
_3DPC=0x00400000
_BNOTES=0x224000
_LNOTES=0x00100000
ACAD=0x8000
ACT!=0x400004
ACROBAT=0x04000000
AD=0x10000000
ADW30=0x10000000
ALARMMGR=0x0040000
ALDSETUP=0x00400000
AMIPRINT=0x04000000
AMIPRO=0x04000010
APORIA=0x0100
APPROACH=0x0004
BALER=0x08000000
BMAPP=0x0004
CASMONEY=0x00200000
CAVOIDE=0x00200000
CCMAIL=0x00200000
CCMCWFY=0x80
CHARISMA=0x2000
CONFIG=0x00400000
CORELDRW=0x48000
CORELPNT=0x08000000
COSTAR=0x0004
CP=0x0040
CROSSTIE=0x00000400
DARCH=0x80
DESIGNER=0x00002000
DIRECTOR=0x00800000
DPLANNER=0x00200000
DRAW=0x2000
DS40=0x8000
DTWIN20=0x00000400
EAP=0x0004
ED=0x00010000
EXCEL=0x1000
EXPASTRO=0x04000000
EXTYPWND=0x00200000
FAXVIEW=0x04000000
FAXWORKS=0x00000400
FH4=0x00E08000
FLW2=0x8000
FMPRO=0x00200000
FREEHAND=0x8000
FULLTEXT=0x20000000
GIFTMAKE=0x20000000
GUIDE=0x1000
HDW=0x04800000
HGW=0x8000
HGW2EXE=0x8000
HGW3EXE=0x8000
HPOLNK08=0x00400000
HJDRAW=0x00400000
IDAPICFG=0x00400000
IDRAW=0x04008000
ILLUSTRATOR=0x8000
IMPROV2=0x00000000
INFOCENT=0x04000000
INSIGHT=0x00000400
INSTAL1=0x00400000
INSTALL=0x00400000
INTERMIS=0x10000000
IS20INST=0x00000000
IVIHEALT=0x00400000
JEOPARDY=0x00200000
JW=0x00000000
KALOAD2=0x00400000
KEYCAD=0x8000
LE_ADMIN=0x00400000
LUI=0x20000000
MAILSPL=0x10000000
MAKER=0x00200000
MAPS1=0x04008022
MATH=0x00000001
MAVIS=0x00200000
MCOURIER=0x0800
MFWIN20=0x02000000
MILESV3=0x1000
MILESV40=0x4
MOZART=0x40000000
MSARTIST=0x00100000
MSBHUMAN=0x4
MSREMIND=0x10000000
MVIEWER2=0x40200000
MYINV=0x00200000
MYST=0x08000000
NAFTA1=0x4008022
NBAMW4V4=0x04000000
NETSET2=0x0100
NDITEST=0x00400000
NOTES=0x200000
NOTSHELL=0x0001
OPERATOR=0x02000000
OUTPOST=0x00000000
OWLAPP=0x00400000
PACKRAT=0x0800
PAINTER=0x00000000
PAWC8DC3=0x00400000
PAWIN=0x4
PEACHW=0x04800004
PIXIE=0x0040
PLANIT=0x0004
PLANNER=0x2000
PLUS=0x1000
PM4=0xA000
PM5APP=0x8000
PP4=0x00000000
PR2=0x2000
PRINTHLP=0x0004
QAPLUSW=0x0004
QLIIFAX=0x00400000
QUAKE=0x80
QW=0x08000000
RELAY=0x20000000
REM=0x8022
RR2CD=0x00200000
RX=0x00000400
RXL=0x00000400
SETUP=0x00000000
SIDEKICK=0x0004
SLEEPER=0x10000000
SOL=0x00400000
SPCB=0x04008000
SPORTJEP=0x00200000
SPWIN20=0x00400000
ST2=0x4008022
STRAUSS=0x40000000
STRAV=0x40000000
SCHUBERT=0x40000000
SSBWIN=0x00200000
SWCWIN=0x00800004
TCVWIN=0x00200000
TCW=0x00400000
TCWIN=0x0004
TERRAIN=0x00400000
TISETUP=0x00200000
TL6=0x08000000
TME=0x0100
TMSWIN=0x20000000
TMTWIN=0x00200000
TMTWINCD=0x00200000
TOUCHUP=0x00400000
TURBOTAX=0x00080000
UNWISE=0x00400000
VB=0x0200
VEWINFIL=0x00400000
VISIO=0x00000004
VISIOHM=0x00000004
VISION=0x0040
W4GL=0x4000
W4GLR=0x4000
WGW=0x00440000
WIN2WRS=0x1210
WINCIM=0x4
WINLINK=0x20000000
WINPHONE=0x0004
WINSIM=0x2000
WINTACH=0x00200000
WORDSCAN=0x02200000
WPWINFIL=0x00000006
WPWIN60=0x00000400
WPWIN61=0x02000400
WSETUP=0x00200000
XPRESS=0x00000008
ZETA01=0x00400000
ZIFFBOOK=0x00200000
NOTIFIER=0x400000

[Compatibility32]
CLWORKS=0x00A00000
MCAD=0x00600000
PHOTOSHP=0x00208000
PODW=0x00200000
SPSSWIN=0x00200000
TYPSTRY2=0x00200000
V32VM20=0x02000000
VISIO=0x00000000
VISIOHM=0x00000000
WINPHONE=0x00000004
WRDART32=0x00400000
SHELL=0x80000000
USTATION=0x80000000

[Compatibility95]
_INS0432=0x00080000
_INS5176=0x00080000
_INS576=0x00080000
_INS5576=0x00080000
ASEDIT=0x00080000
ASAUDIO=0x00080000
ASCAMERA=0x00080000
ASVIDEO=0x00080000
ASVOICE=0x00080000
BLUELIGH=0x00080000
FREEICLI=0x00080000
HPFIUI=0x00080000
LAPLINK=0x00080000
LAUNCH=0x00080000
LEXBCES=0x00080000
MNGREG32=0x00080000
MOTODV=0x00080000
POINT32=0x00080002
SA6REG=0x00080000
SETUP=0x00080000
SETUP2=0x00080000
WEBEX=0x00100000
CHAOS OV=0x80000000
CONF=0x00000002
MSDEV=0x00000002
IMAGE32=0x80000000
INST32=0x80000000
AGENTSVR=0x00000002
MSOOBE=0x00000002

[ModuleCompatibility]
ACEROOBE=0x0004
AIRNFM=0x0002
ALDNCD=0x0002
AMRES=0x0002
ATM=0x0002
ARCHANGEL=0x0002
CSNOV=0x0002
DEFDEMO=0x0002
DIBWND=0x0002
DIB=0x0002
DS=0x0001
EMLIB=0x0002
EMSAVE=0x0002
FH4=0x0002
GEDIT=0x0002
GEORGE=0x0002
GVBSETUP=0x0002
HRWCD=0x0002
ISLFAXPR=0x0002
KIDDESK=0x0002
KIDSTYPE=0x0000
KNPS=0x0002
LIONKING=0x0002
MAUI_DRV=0x0002
MGXWMF=0x0002
MEMMAP=0x0002
MSARTIST=0x0002
MSCRWRTR=0x0002
MSCUISTF=0x0001
MVIEWER2=0x0002
MWAVSCAN=0x0002
MYINV=0x0002
OLESVR=0x0002
PDOXWIN=0x0002
PLANIT=0x0002
PP3=0x0002
PP4=0x0002
PPPP=0x0002
PXDSRV2=0x0002
REVIEWRT=0x0002
ROULETTE=0x0002
RRIRJ=0x0002
RR1=0x0002
RR2CD=0x0002
STL_DLG=0x0002
TECO=0x0001
TER=0x0002
TLW0LOC=0x0002
TMSWIN=0x0002
USA=0x0002
VOICE=0x0002
WFXVIEW=0x0004
WINFORM=0x0002
WPWIN61=0x0002

[TrueType]
FontSmoothing=0

[mci extensions]
mid=Sequencer
rmi=Sequencer
wav=waveaudio
avi=AVIVideo
cda=CDAudio
midi=Sequencer
aif=MPEGVideo
aifc=MPEGVideo
aiff=MPEGVideo
asf=MPEGVideo2
asx=MPEGVideo2
au=MPEGVideo
snd=MPEGVideo
ivf=MPEGVideo2
m3u=MPEGVideo
mp3=MpegVideo
mp2=MpegVideo
mpa=MpegVideo
mpe=MpegVideo
mpeg=MpegVideo
mpg=MpegVideo
mpv2=MPEGVideo
mp2v=MPEGVideo
m1v=MpegVideo
wax=MPEGVideo2
wvx=MPEGVideo2
wm=MPEGVideo2
wmx=MPEGVideo2
wma=MPEGVideo2
wmp=MPEGVideo2
wmv=MPEGVideo2
dat=MpegVideo
vbs=MpegVideo
mpv=MpegVideo

[MCICompatibility]
QTWVideo=0x0001
MCIXSND=0x0001
GDAnim=0x0001

[mciavi]

[Desktop_Shell]
Current=Win

[Pscript.Drv]
ATMWorkaround=1

[Ports]
LPT1:=
LPT2:=
LPT3:=
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM2:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM3:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM4:=9600,n,8,1,x
FILE:=

[embedding]
Package=Package,Package,packager.exe,picture
midfile=MIDI Sequence,MIDI Sequence,C:\WINDOWS\mplayer.exe /mid,picture
SoundRec=Wave Sound,Wave Sound,C:\WINDOWS\sndrec32.exe,picture
Wordpad.Document.1=WordPad Document,WordPad Document,C:\PROGRA~1\ACCESS~1\WORDPAD.EXE,picture
PBrush=Paintbrush Picture,Paintbrush Picture,C:\Progra~1\Access~1\MSPAINT.EXE,picture
Paint.Picture=Bitmap Image,Bitmap Image,C:\Progra~1\Access~1\MSPAINT.EXE,picture
mplayer=Media Clip,Media Clip,C:\WINDOWS\mplayer.exe,picture
Imaging.Document=Image Document,Image Document,C:\WINDOWS\KODAKIMG.EXE,picture
WangImage.Document=Image Document,Image Document,C:\WINDOWS\KodakImg.Exe,picture
avifile=Video Clip,Video Clip,C:\WINDOWS\mplayer.exe /avi,picture

[Extensions]
ZIP=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.ZIP
LZH=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.LZH
ARJ=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.ARJ
ARC=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.ARC
TAR=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.TAR
TAZ=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.TAZ
TGZ=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.TGZ
TZ=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.TZ
GZ=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.GZ
Z=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.Z
CAB=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.CAB
UU=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.UU
UUE=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.UUE
XXE=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.XXE
B64=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.B64
HQX=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.HQX
BHX=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.BHX
MIM=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.MIM
mov=C:\WINDOWS\PLAY32.EXE ^.mov
pic=C:\WINDOWS\VIEW32.EXE ^.pic

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

[Devices]
Net-It Now! SE=NetItDrv,LPT1:
Epson LX-800=EPSON9,LPT1:

[PrinterPorts]
Net-It Now! SE=NetItDrv,LPT1:,15,45
Epson LX-800=EPSON9,LPT1:,15,45

[Sounds]
SystemDefault=,

[MCI Extensions.BAK]
aif=MPEGVideo
aifc=MPEGVideo
aiff=MPEGVideo
asf=MPEGVideo2
asx=MPEGVideo2
au=MPEGVideo
snd=MPEGVideo
ivf=MPEGVideo2
m3u=MPEGVideo
mp3=MPEGVideo
mp2=MPEGVideo
mpa=MPEGVideo
mpe=MPEGVideo
mpeg=MPEGVideo
mpg=MPEGVideo
mpv2=MPEGVideo
mp2v=MPEGVideo
m1v=MPEGVideo
wax=MPEGVideo2
wvx=MPEGVideo2
wm=MPEGVideo2
wmx=MPEGVideo2
wma=MPEGVideo2
wmp=MPEGVideo2
wmv=MPEGVideo2

[XPRTPDF]
CD=E:\

[WinZip]
Note-1=This section is required only to install the optional WinZip Internet Browser Support build 0231.
Note-2=Removing this section of the win.ini will have no effect except preventing installation of WinZip Internet Browser Support build 0231.
win32_version=6.3-8.0

[DrawDib]
pnpdrvr.drv 640x480x8(0)=55,0,0,0
pnpdrvr.drv 640x480x16(565 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 1280x1024x16(565 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 1152x864x16(565 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 1280x960x32(BGR 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 1280x1024x32(BGR 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 1152x864x32(BGR 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 1024x768x32(BGR 0)=37,5,5,5
;DVA=0

[colors]
Scrollbar=216 208 200
Background=0 0 0
ActiveTitle=0 0 0
InactiveTitle=128 128 128
Menu=216 208 200
Window=255 255 255
WindowFrame=0 0 0
MenuText=0 0 0
WindowText=0 0 0
TitleText=255 255 255
ActiveBorder=212 208 200
InactiveBorder=212 208 200
AppWorkspace=128 128 128
Hilight=0 36 104
HilightText=255 255 255
ButtonFace=216 208 200
ButtonShadow=128 128 128
GrayText=128 128 128
ButtonText=0 0 0
InactiveTitleText=216 208 200
ButtonHilight=255 255 255
ButtonDkShadow=64 64 64
ButtonLight=216 208 200
InfoText=0 0 0
InfoWindow=255 255 225
ButtonAlternateFace=184 180 184
HotTrackingColor=0 0 128
GradientActiveTitle=0 0 0
GradientInactiveTitle=192 192 192

[Multimedia Viewer]
M_WindowPosition=[0,23,1164,876,0]
H_WindowPosition=[426,341,426,341,0]

[WAOL]
AppPath=C:\AMERICA ONLINE 6.0A
InstallDrive=E
SharedPath=C:\WINDOWS\AOLSHARE

(this is my win.ini file.)

06-06-2003, 03:54 PM
i have just recently tried every one of this crap posted none worked for me, i have now just sent a very long and mad leter to opengl and i think all of u who read this should to, in it tell about your computer and get mad at them for the games not working. say that there program wont let ur fav game work. http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/confused.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/eek.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif

ryanbenito
06-06-2003, 04:26 PM
[windows]
load=
run=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\cmmpu.exe
NullPort=None
device=Net-It Now! SE,NetItDrv,LPT1:

[Desktop]
Wallpaper=C:\MYDOCU~1\MYPICT~1\1.BMP
TileWallpaper=0
WallpaperStyle=0
Pattern=(None)

[intl]
iCountry=1
ICurrDigits=2
iCurrency=0
iDate=0
iDigits=2
iLZero=1
iMeasure=1
iNegCurr=0
iTime=0
iTLZero=0
s1159=AM
s2359=PM
sCountry=United States
sCurrency=$
sDate=/
sDecimal=.
sLanguage=enu
sList=,
sLongDate=dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy
sShortDate=M/d/yyyy
sThousand=,
sTime=:

[Fonts]

[FontSubstitutes]
Helv=MS Sans Serif
Tms Rmn=MS Serif
Times=Times New Roman
Helvetica=Arial
MS Shell Dlg=MS Sans Serif

[Compatibility]
_3DPC=0x00400000
_BNOTES=0x224000
_LNOTES=0x00100000
ACAD=0x8000
ACT!=0x400004
ACROBAT=0x04000000
AD=0x10000000
ADW30=0x10000000
ALARMMGR=0x0040000
ALDSETUP=0x00400000
AMIPRINT=0x04000000
AMIPRO=0x04000010
APORIA=0x0100
APPROACH=0x0004
BALER=0x08000000
BMAPP=0x0004
CASMONEY=0x00200000
CAVOIDE=0x00200000
CCMAIL=0x00200000
CCMCWFY=0x80
CHARISMA=0x2000
CONFIG=0x00400000
CORELDRW=0x48000
CORELPNT=0x08000000
COSTAR=0x0004
CP=0x0040
CROSSTIE=0x00000400
DARCH=0x80
DESIGNER=0x00002000
DIRECTOR=0x00800000
DPLANNER=0x00200000
DRAW=0x2000
DS40=0x8000
DTWIN20=0x00000400
EAP=0x0004
ED=0x00010000
EXCEL=0x1000
EXPASTRO=0x04000000
EXTYPWND=0x00200000
FAXVIEW=0x04000000
FAXWORKS=0x00000400
FH4=0x00E08000
FLW2=0x8000
FMPRO=0x00200000
FREEHAND=0x8000
FULLTEXT=0x20000000
GIFTMAKE=0x20000000
GUIDE=0x1000
HDW=0x04800000
HGW=0x8000
HGW2EXE=0x8000
HGW3EXE=0x8000
HPOLNK08=0x00400000
HJDRAW=0x00400000
IDAPICFG=0x00400000
IDRAW=0x04008000
ILLUSTRATOR=0x8000
IMPROV2=0x00000000
INFOCENT=0x04000000
INSIGHT=0x00000400
INSTAL1=0x00400000
INSTALL=0x00400000
INTERMIS=0x10000000
IS20INST=0x00000000
IVIHEALT=0x00400000
JEOPARDY=0x00200000
JW=0x00000000
KALOAD2=0x00400000
KEYCAD=0x8000
LE_ADMIN=0x00400000
LUI=0x20000000
MAILSPL=0x10000000
MAKER=0x00200000
MAPS1=0x04008022
MATH=0x00000001
MAVIS=0x00200000
MCOURIER=0x0800
MFWIN20=0x02000000
MILESV3=0x1000
MILESV40=0x4
MOZART=0x40000000
MSARTIST=0x00100000
MSBHUMAN=0x4
MSREMIND=0x10000000
MVIEWER2=0x40200000
MYINV=0x00200000
MYST=0x08000000
NAFTA1=0x4008022
NBAMW4V4=0x04000000
NETSET2=0x0100
NDITEST=0x00400000
NOTES=0x200000
NOTSHELL=0x0001
OPERATOR=0x02000000
OUTPOST=0x00000000
OWLAPP=0x00400000
PACKRAT=0x0800
PAINTER=0x00000000
PAWC8DC3=0x00400000
PAWIN=0x4
PEACHW=0x04800004
PIXIE=0x0040
PLANIT=0x0004
PLANNER=0x2000
PLUS=0x1000
PM4=0xA000
PM5APP=0x8000
PP4=0x00000000
PR2=0x2000
PRINTHLP=0x0004
QAPLUSW=0x0004
QLIIFAX=0x00400000
QUAKE=0x80
QW=0x08000000
RELAY=0x20000000
REM=0x8022
RR2CD=0x00200000
RX=0x00000400
RXL=0x00000400
SETUP=0x00000000
SIDEKICK=0x0004
SLEEPER=0x10000000
SOL=0x00400000
SPCB=0x04008000
SPORTJEP=0x00200000
SPWIN20=0x00400000
ST2=0x4008022
STRAUSS=0x40000000
STRAV=0x40000000
SCHUBERT=0x40000000
SSBWIN=0x00200000
SWCWIN=0x00800004
TCVWIN=0x00200000
TCW=0x00400000
TCWIN=0x0004
TERRAIN=0x00400000
TISETUP=0x00200000
TL6=0x08000000
TME=0x0100
TMSWIN=0x20000000
TMTWIN=0x00200000
TMTWINCD=0x00200000
TOUCHUP=0x00400000
TURBOTAX=0x00080000
UNWISE=0x00400000
VB=0x0200
VEWINFIL=0x00400000
VISIO=0x00000004
VISIOHM=0x00000004
VISION=0x0040
W4GL=0x4000
W4GLR=0x4000
WGW=0x00440000
WIN2WRS=0x1210
WINCIM=0x4
WINLINK=0x20000000
WINPHONE=0x0004
WINSIM=0x2000
WINTACH=0x00200000
WORDSCAN=0x02200000
WPWINFIL=0x00000006
WPWIN60=0x00000400
WPWIN61=0x02000400
WSETUP=0x00200000
XPRESS=0x00000008
ZETA01=0x00400000
ZIFFBOOK=0x00200000
NOTIFIER=0x400000

[Compatibility32]
CLWORKS=0x00A00000
MCAD=0x00600000
PHOTOSHP=0x00208000
PODW=0x00200000
SPSSWIN=0x00200000
TYPSTRY2=0x00200000
V32VM20=0x02000000
VISIO=0x00000000
VISIOHM=0x00000000
WINPHONE=0x00000004
WRDART32=0x00400000
SHELL=0x80000000
USTATION=0x80000000

[Compatibility95]
_INS0432=0x00080000
_INS5176=0x00080000
_INS576=0x00080000
_INS5576=0x00080000
ASEDIT=0x00080000
ASAUDIO=0x00080000
ASCAMERA=0x00080000
ASVIDEO=0x00080000
ASVOICE=0x00080000
BLUELIGH=0x00080000
FREEICLI=0x00080000
HPFIUI=0x00080000
LAPLINK=0x00080000
LAUNCH=0x00080000
LEXBCES=0x00080000
MNGREG32=0x00080000
MOTODV=0x00080000
POINT32=0x00080002
SA6REG=0x00080000
SETUP=0x00080000
SETUP2=0x00080000
WEBEX=0x00100000
CHAOS OV=0x80000000
CONF=0x00000002
MSDEV=0x00000002
IMAGE32=0x80000000
INST32=0x80000000
AGENTSVR=0x00000002
MSOOBE=0x00000002

[ModuleCompatibility]
ACEROOBE=0x0004
AIRNFM=0x0002
ALDNCD=0x0002
AMRES=0x0002
ATM=0x0002
ARCHANGEL=0x0002
CSNOV=0x0002
DEFDEMO=0x0002
DIBWND=0x0002
DIB=0x0002
DS=0x0001
EMLIB=0x0002
EMSAVE=0x0002
FH4=0x0002
GEDIT=0x0002
GEORGE=0x0002
GVBSETUP=0x0002
HRWCD=0x0002
ISLFAXPR=0x0002
KIDDESK=0x0002
KIDSTYPE=0x0000
KNPS=0x0002
LIONKING=0x0002
MAUI_DRV=0x0002
MGXWMF=0x0002
MEMMAP=0x0002
MSARTIST=0x0002
MSCRWRTR=0x0002
MSCUISTF=0x0001
MVIEWER2=0x0002
MWAVSCAN=0x0002
MYINV=0x0002
OLESVR=0x0002
PDOXWIN=0x0002
PLANIT=0x0002
PP3=0x0002
PP4=0x0002
PPPP=0x0002
PXDSRV2=0x0002
REVIEWRT=0x0002
ROULETTE=0x0002
RRIRJ=0x0002
RR1=0x0002
RR2CD=0x0002
STL_DLG=0x0002
TECO=0x0001
TER=0x0002
TLW0LOC=0x0002
TMSWIN=0x0002
USA=0x0002
VOICE=0x0002
WFXVIEW=0x0004
WINFORM=0x0002
WPWIN61=0x0002

[TrueType]
FontSmoothing=0

[mci extensions]
mid=Sequencer
rmi=Sequencer
wav=waveaudio
avi=AVIVideo
cda=CDAudio
midi=Sequencer
aif=MPEGVideo
aifc=MPEGVideo
aiff=MPEGVideo
asf=MPEGVideo2
asx=MPEGVideo2
au=MPEGVideo
snd=MPEGVideo
ivf=MPEGVideo2
m3u=MPEGVideo
mp3=MpegVideo
mp2=MpegVideo
mpa=MpegVideo
mpe=MpegVideo
mpeg=MpegVideo
mpg=MpegVideo
mpv2=MPEGVideo
mp2v=MPEGVideo
m1v=MpegVideo
wax=MPEGVideo2
wvx=MPEGVideo2
wm=MPEGVideo2
wmx=MPEGVideo2
wma=MPEGVideo2
wmp=MPEGVideo2
wmv=MPEGVideo2
dat=MpegVideo
vbs=MpegVideo
mpv=MpegVideo

[MCICompatibility]
QTWVideo=0x0001
MCIXSND=0x0001
GDAnim=0x0001

[mciavi]

[Desktop_Shell]
Current=Win

[Pscript.Drv]
ATMWorkaround=1

[Ports]
LPT1:=
LPT2:=
LPT3:=
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM2:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM3:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM4:=9600,n,8,1,x
FILE:=

[embedding]
Package=Package,Package,packager.exe,picture
midfile=MIDI Sequence,MIDI Sequence,C:\WINDOWS\mplayer.exe /mid,picture
SoundRec=Wave Sound,Wave Sound,C:\WINDOWS\sndrec32.exe,picture
Wordpad.Document.1=WordPad Document,WordPad Document,C:\PROGRA~1\ACCESS~1\WORDPAD.EXE,picture
PBrush=Paintbrush Picture,Paintbrush Picture,C:\Progra~1\Access~1\MSPAINT.EXE,picture
Paint.Picture=Bitmap Image,Bitmap Image,C:\Progra~1\Access~1\MSPAINT.EXE,picture
mplayer=Media Clip,Media Clip,C:\WINDOWS\mplayer.exe,picture
Imaging.Document=Image Document,Image Document,C:\WINDOWS\KODAKIMG.EXE,picture
WangImage.Document=Image Document,Image Document,C:\WINDOWS\KodakImg.Exe,picture
avifile=Video Clip,Video Clip,C:\WINDOWS\mplayer.exe /avi,picture

[Extensions]
ZIP=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.ZIP
LZH=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.LZH
ARJ=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.ARJ
ARC=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.ARC
TAR=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.TAR
TAZ=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.TAZ
TGZ=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.TGZ
TZ=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.TZ
GZ=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.GZ
Z=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.Z
CAB=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.CAB
UU=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.UU
UUE=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.UUE
XXE=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.XXE
B64=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.B64
HQX=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.HQX
BHX=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.BHX
MIM=C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe ^.MIM
mov=C:\WINDOWS\PLAY32.EXE ^.mov
pic=C:\WINDOWS\VIEW32.EXE ^.pic

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

[Devices]
Net-It Now! SE=NetItDrv,LPT1:
Epson LX-800=EPSON9,LPT1:

[PrinterPorts]
Net-It Now! SE=NetItDrv,LPT1:,15,45
Epson LX-800=EPSON9,LPT1:,15,45

[Sounds]
SystemDefault=,

[MCI Extensions.BAK]
aif=MPEGVideo
aifc=MPEGVideo
aiff=MPEGVideo
asf=MPEGVideo2
asx=MPEGVideo2
au=MPEGVideo
snd=MPEGVideo
ivf=MPEGVideo2
m3u=MPEGVideo
mp3=MPEGVideo
mp2=MPEGVideo
mpa=MPEGVideo
mpe=MPEGVideo
mpeg=MPEGVideo
mpg=MPEGVideo
mpv2=MPEGVideo
mp2v=MPEGVideo
m1v=MPEGVideo
wax=MPEGVideo2
wvx=MPEGVideo2
wm=MPEGVideo2
wmx=MPEGVideo2
wma=MPEGVideo2
wmp=MPEGVideo2
wmv=MPEGVideo2

[XPRTPDF]
CD=E:\

[WinZip]
Note-1=This section is required only to install the optional WinZip Internet Browser Support build 0231.
Note-2=Removing this section of the win.ini will have no effect except preventing installation of WinZip Internet Browser Support build 0231.
win32_version=6.3-8.0

[DrawDib]
pnpdrvr.drv 640x480x8(0)=55,0,0,0
pnpdrvr.drv 640x480x16(565 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 1280x1024x16(565 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 1152x864x16(565 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 1280x960x32(BGR 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 1280x1024x32(BGR 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 1152x864x32(BGR 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 1024x768x32(BGR 0)=37,5,5,5
;DVA=0

[colors]
Scrollbar=216 208 200
Background=0 0 0
ActiveTitle=0 0 0
InactiveTitle=128 128 128
Menu=216 208 200
Window=255 255 255
WindowFrame=0 0 0
MenuText=0 0 0
WindowText=0 0 0
TitleText=255 255 255
ActiveBorder=212 208 200
InactiveBorder=212 208 200
AppWorkspace=128 128 128
Hilight=0 36 104
HilightText=255 255 255
ButtonFace=216 208 200
ButtonShadow=128 128 128
GrayText=128 128 128
ButtonText=0 0 0
InactiveTitleText=216 208 200
ButtonHilight=255 255 255
ButtonDkShadow=64 64 64
ButtonLight=216 208 200
InfoText=0 0 0
InfoWindow=255 255 225
ButtonAlternateFace=184 180 184
HotTrackingColor=0 0 128
GradientActiveTitle=0 0 0
GradientInactiveTitle=192 192 192

[Multimedia Viewer]
M_WindowPosition=[0,23,1164,876,0]
H_WindowPosition=[426,341,426,341,0]

[WAOL]
AppPath=C:\AMERICA ONLINE 6.0A
InstallDrive=E
SharedPath=C:\WINDOWS\AOLSHARE

(it should look like this guys)

06-06-2003, 11:43 PM
Ok, you really wanna know why the new drivers aren't working? Something about them not being certified by microsoft causes windows xp to skip them and go to the defaul drivers. To counter this, all you have todo is force it to install the said drivers for xp. The driver you get from the opengl site works just fine, just put it a folder somewhere after you unzip it and tell your update to search there and force it to use the uncertified update. If this doesn't work then you either haven't gotten the right driver or there is some other issue that can be solved by the earlier mentioned solutions.

shin
06-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Same problems as everyone else here-
Soldier of Fortune 2 gives the exact same errors in the loading console as the MOHAA players here.
Also Anachronox starts loading in a windowed screen and then gives me a windows error and closes.
I'm running Xp with a Radeon 64mb DDR VIVO primarily, but when I tried it on another comp running xp and a Radeon 7200 the exact same errors occured.
I've already tried fiddling with different driver releases, and the bios, but no luck.
I've gotten some good looking advice from this thread (unlike the pre-packaged crud tech support was giving me) which i'm going to try and post here with the results (if any.)

06-08-2003, 01:08 PM
het ppl, same crap as always here i was talkin with a person who knows alotot about computers. firste press start, (XP PRO) control pannel, system then hardware, then device manager look under display adapters,, write down the name and maker of ur card. go on the web and search the maker then download the update for it so exemple i have a rage fury/xpert 2000 pro (ATI TECHNOLIGIES). made my microsoft, go to www.ati.com (http://www.ati.com) , look under find driver / download drivers, find ur driver and instal, then adjust ur settings and try ur game........ should work.. another thing i see is that look at this copy from rtcw
look where it says pentum. it says detected pentum III (3) i am running pentium 4.... mabey theeses games are not compatible with the new p 4s (just a though no proof) anyway i no all the games work on my p3 laptop ,,,,,,,i just want it to work on this comp..il keep ya posted... (shut up about my spelling !quick typing lol

Wolf 1.0 win-x86 Nov 13 2001
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\mp_pak2.pk3 (3 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\mp_pak1.pk3 (308 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\mp_pak0.pk3 (783 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\main\pak0.pk3 (4775 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1/main

----------------------
5869 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec wolfconfig_mp.cfg
execing autoexec.cfg
Bypassing CD checks
Loaded 680 translation strings from scripts/translation.cfg
----- R_Init -----
...initializing QGL
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
...initializing QGL
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------

06-08-2003, 01:18 PM
u must remember when viewing all of theeses pages that tell you to go to websites that if your driver is not made by that company THEN IT WONT WORK, you cant have an ati driver and go to www.nivida.com (http://www.nivida.com) it wont work . alot of people r gonna have rage cards thooses are made by ati. look at my other mesaage about how to find what kind u have.

commen driver pages!!!

ATI TECHNOLOGIES http://mirror.ati.com/support/drivers/powered.html

Nivida http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

if not sure try this press display adapteus in the fall down mena after u press scan computer
http://www.drivershq.com/

if not listed press ur manufacteurs name into google...

dr. death

06-08-2003, 01:20 PM
dont click any driver page u must have the correct manufacteurs website of the chip u own to update it...look back to my other message to find out how.......once u no find its page and get the update. it wont work if u have an ati chip and try to update with nivida

nivida .... www.nivida.com (http://www.nivida.com)
ati www.ati.com (http://www.ati.com)
not sure http://www.drivershq.com/ www.google.com (http://www.google.com) (put in manufacteurs name)

dr. death (evan__03hotmail.com)

[This message has been edited by dr. death (edited 06-14-2003).]

06-13-2003, 02:54 AM
hello,
Firtstly i apologize for my english, but if i can fix your problem... I had this f... "could not load opengl..." when trying to play MOHAA and my solution was finally very simple, but it took me a month... Here is MY solution
Go to "control panel" ->"system" --> "device manager" and then "monitor" how many monitors are installed ???
In my case, i had 2 "default monitors" installed in addition to the one I use. I simply disabled them and it works fine since this beautiful day...
I don't know if it can help you, but if it does, i would be very pleased. So existencial problems can't stay unanswered... http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/wink.gif
Stan (chimaynon@hotmail.com)

06-13-2003, 02:56 AM
hello,
Firtstly i apologize for my english, but if i can fix your problem... I had this f... "could not load opengl..." when trying to play MOHAA and my solution was finally very simple, but it took me a month... Here is MY solution
Go to "control panel" ->"system" --> "device manager" and then "monitor" how many monitors are installed ???
In my case, i had 2 "default monitors" installed in addition to the one I use. I simply disabled them and it works fine since this beautiful day...
I don't know if it can help you, but if it does, i would be very pleased. So existencial problems can't stay unanswered... http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/wink.gif
Stan (chimaynon@hotmail.com)

06-13-2003, 01:26 PM
Please dont post your win.ini's! There's nothing more that can be done by you posting it! Just wasting space and annoying everyone.
Follow the suggestions from previous posters. If you find another fix let us know, otherwise please stop repeating suggestions (ie that whole win.ini fix).

06-14-2003, 10:08 AM
look people, we are all trying to do the same thing here but we r all going to have different soulutions. some people it is there cards, some people cards, some people ****y comp, and others. the moniter one is easy and the same with chip. follow instructions below.

first for chips,

start, control pannel, system then hardware, then device manager look under display adapters,, write down the name and maker of ur card. go on the web and search the maker then download the update for it so exemple i have a rage fury/xpert 2000 pro (ATI TECHNOLIGIES). made my microsoft, go to www.ati.com (http://www.ati.com) , look under find driver / download drivers, find ur driver and instal, then adjust ur settings and try ur game........ should work..
...REMEMBER IF UR CARD IS MADE BY A COMPANY U MUST UPDATE IT AT THAT COMPANY IF U DONT IT WONT EVEN WORK.

NOW moniters,

start, control pannel, system then hardware, then device manager, look under moniters and see how many are installed, if you have two installed click one one and disable it. (that is how to fix, but not the problem on my computer, my computer has a plug and play moniter because xp installs stuff itself)

i hope this helps people when u find ur chip name/ manufacteur just type the name in google and go to there website, u will find the update.

if you need more help email me

PEOPLE STOP POSTING WIN.INI FILES AND GAMES COPYS OF MESSAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

andrewampbell
06-15-2003, 12:38 PM
hi im sry if you answered this alreadsy but i dont like to read that much but i have medal of honor allied assalt and i fixed my open gl problen with that 21 day free trial thing but i have another problem wen i start the game it has a blank gray screen thenn it goes into the main game menue i go to play new game and start playing it is all black and gold and cant tell what is what i need help plz

andrewampbell
06-15-2003, 12:40 PM
hi im sry if you answered this alreadsy but i dont like to read that much but i have medal of honor allied assalt and i fixed my open gl problen with that 21 day free trial thing but i have another problem wen i start the game it has a blank gray screen thenn it goes into the main game menue i go to play new game and start playing it is all black and gold and cant tell what is what i need help plz

andrewampbell
06-15-2003, 12:41 PM

06-15-2003, 09:19 PM
Click Start / Run.
Add a semicolon (;) before the DVA (the line should now look like this: ";DVA=0" (without quotes))
Save and close the file

06-16-2003, 10:27 AM
solve your problems of open gl people using 3d games ppl.download Scitech GLDirect and you can download a 21-day trial version of their website. Search for the crack and program under google (program scitech gldirect) crack (scitech gl direct v3.0 crack) and u will be up and good playing your favorite game. if u only use the 21 day trial period with out the crack the game still works but is laggey and u cant renew 21 days. it is better to get the crack. you get crack and program separatly. i nver though this would work but it does......
100% GAURENTEE THAT THIS WILL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS REMemBER TO GET scitech gldirect V3.0 and then download a crack!!!

dr.death
[This message has been edited by dr. death (edited 06-16-2003).]

[This message has been edited by dr. death (edited 06-16-2003).]

06-16-2003, 10:54 AM
problems

[This message has been edited by dr. death (edited 07-10-2003).]

06-16-2003, 04:32 PM
when i play jedi knight II it says this

...unloading OpenGL DLL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------

06-17-2003, 03:34 AM

06-18-2003, 10:20 AM
hey ppl, is there any one running on a pentum 4 processor that has actaully fixed there problem. All the other on p 1,2,3 have there own problems it seems. their problem is the monitors ans updating the chips. I think that people with p 4 its not going to work. I look at all of theese games it says it is built for pentim III

this is enemy territory:

. Minimum System Requirements

* Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP OS (Windows NT 4.0 not recommended for clients)
* 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible system (including all 32bit drivers)
* Intel® Pentium® III 600Mhz processor or AMD equivalent
* 128 MB RAM
* 32 MB 100% fully OpenGL® compliant 3-D video card
* Microsoft® Direct X® 8.1 or higher (not included)
* 271 MB total disk space for game files
* 500 MB free disk space for swap file
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible keyboard
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible mouse
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible sound card
* For internet play, 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible 56.6k modem or better internet connection. 56.6k modem play is not recommended for games with more than 8 players total; broadband players should be able to handle up to 32 depending on their connection with the server on which they're playing.

The following video cards were fully tested with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory:

GeForce 4 Ti 4600
GeForce 4 MX
GeForce 3
GeForce 2 Ultra
GeForce 2 MX
GeForce256
Radeon 8500/64
Radeon 7200/64
Radeon 9700 Pro/128
Xabre 400

sorry about space but, u no...
included his tested drivers that work with the game. notice the pentum 3 though. i think all of the other fixes r all good for other ones but on p4 its a whole new ball park. mabey this is not about what systems we r using but the pentum. (p1 p2 p3 p4)

06-18-2003, 10:24 AM
this is wolfenstein enemy territory

. Minimum System Requirements

* Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP OS (Windows NT 4.0 not recommended for clients)
* 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible system (including all 32bit drivers)
* Intel® Pentium® III 600Mhz processor or AMD equivalent
* 128 MB RAM
* 32 MB 100% fully OpenGL® compliant 3-D video card
* Microsoft® Direct X® 8.1 or higher (not included)
* 271 MB total disk space for game files
* 500 MB free disk space for swap file
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible keyboard
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible mouse
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible sound card
* For internet play, 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible 56.6k modem or better internet connection. 56.6k modem play is not recommended for games with more than 8 players total; broadband players should be able to handle up to 32 depending on their connection with the server on which they're playing.

The following video cards were fully tested with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory:

GeForce 4 Ti 4600
GeForce 4 MX
GeForce 3
GeForce 2 Ultra
GeForce 2 MX
GeForce256
Radeon 8500/64
Radeon 7200/64
Radeon 9700 Pro/128
Xabre 400

notice that it only says pentum 3 will work with it . that is the same as other ones that i have checked (games) i do not think the p 4 are able to run theeses games unless using that old gl direct. notice that ppl with p3 can find a fix be it updating drivers or fixing monitors. p 4 i dont think r compatible.

o and tested for that game was some drivers that where proven to work with that game

06-23-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Mad man:
Thanx
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:

hi,
my name is rajesh....and i too have the same problem persisting on my pc....
if you know the solution to this problem kindly help me
thankx in advance..
rajesh.atluru
toonet1034@hotmail.com
any help appreciated

06-23-2003, 02:54 PM
I have the Open Gl subsystem error message as well, Could it be windows 3dfxopengl.dll
loading before my 3rd party drivers?

06-23-2003, 04:04 PM
hey my rage furry pro/xpert 2000 wont support open gl or work for theese game . i think im going to buy a radeon 7000. does any one know any problems with thooses ??? do they support open gl?????????

06-23-2003, 04:07 PM
hey ppl if u really want to see if your card is at fault of not being able to play go to activisions website (maker of theeses 3d games) and send them ur dxaig test.

start run dxdiag.exe save all, they will email u several times till u find ur awser they r really helpfull

Dopey
06-25-2003, 11:12 AM
OKAY, I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR LITERALLY ****ING YEARS TO FIX THIS BUG, BUT BEFORE YOU HELP ME...

1.I DO NOT HAVE AN NVIDIA CARD

2.I DO NOT HAVE WIN XP

3.I HAVE TIRED NEARLY EVERY SINGLE IDEA EXCEPT THE NEW NIVIDA DRIVER THINGY POST ON THE FIRST PAGE SEEING HOW I DO NOT HAVE AN NVIDIA.

06-25-2003, 01:14 PM
buy a new video card, radeon 7000 or higher

Originally posted by Dopey:
OKAY, I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR LITERALLY ****ING YEARS TO FIX THIS BUG, BUT BEFORE YOU HELP ME...

1.I DO NOT HAVE AN NVIDIA CARD

2.I DO NOT HAVE WIN XP

3.I HAVE TIRED NEARLY EVERY SINGLE IDEA EXCEPT THE NEW NIVIDA DRIVER THINGY POST ON THE FIRST PAGE SEEING HOW I DO NOT HAVE AN NVIDIA.

06-26-2003, 09:55 PM
now here's my prob: I got the beta test RTCWET but it won't frekingly work. i got win me, 512 mb RAM and a geforce 4 4200 ti with 64 mb RAM. It can't load open Gl, as usual. any suggestions? plz e-mail me at: felixmantz1@hotmail.com or just poste them.
TIA, sinistersnipe

Dopey
06-27-2003, 06:28 AM
Okay, nevermind, I fixed it, I just placed the opengl.dll file into the game I wanted to play's directory and it worked!

06-27-2003, 09:08 AM
I HAVE 2 COMPUTERS, ONES A LAP TOP ONES THIS. ON MY LAPTOP I HADE BOTH GAMES RUNNING SO I JUST WENT IN AND COPIED THE OPEN GL FOLDER FROM RTCW AND FROM SYSTEM OPENGL32.DLL AND EMAILED THEM TO THE COMPUTER WICH MY GAMES WOULD NOT WORK. i JUST COPIED THEM IN AND SAID YES OVERWRITE AND THEN MY GAME WORKED. IF U WANT A MORE DETAILED VERSION OF HOW I FIXED THIS EMAIL ME @

IF ANY ONE WANTS I CAN EMAIL THEN WORKING OPEN GL FOR WOLFENSTEIN AND FOR SYSTEM32.DLL

Originally posted by (FIS)sinistersnipe:
now here's my prob: I got the beta test RTCWET but it won't frekingly work. i got win me, 512 mb RAM and a geforce 4 4200 ti with 64 mb RAM. It can't load open Gl, as usual. any suggestions? plz e-mail me at: felixmantz1@hotmail.com or just poste them.
TIA, sinistersnipe

06-28-2003, 02:56 AM
Hey,

i tried all these and one finally worked and medal of honour was loading up then BAM

says it needs multitexturing compatability anyone got any ideas about this??

06-29-2003, 10:15 AM
witch one worked?

Originally posted by M4nk1nd:
Hey,

i tried all these and one finally worked and medal of honour was loading up then BAM

says it needs multitexturing compatability anyone got any ideas about this??

06-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by The M.A.R.T.:
yepz, also with me. But it is probably because our videocards aren't made for these kind of games. I own a laptop with a Trident Cyberblade Ai1 AGP.

If anyone knows a program that solves the multitexture problem, or bypasses it with software (Like Scitechs GLDirect for OpenGL if your videocard/drivers doens't support OpenGL), let me know!

07-03-2003, 02:55 AM
Had the same problem when starting up Enemy Territory. Tried new drivers but they wouldn't install properly. Reinstalled XP Pro and now it works only it freezes after a few minutes. But that's probably something else, I'll sort that one out too.

The reason why I'm posting basically is because there seems to be a problem, there are some solutions but what is causing this error actually???

07-04-2003, 02:56 AM
I think i´m rid of the opengl error, but now when i start rtcw it gives an error abour WolfMP.exe :S
some1 knows what to do?

07-04-2003, 07:55 AM
Same problem here.Same drive, same everything but the system.I got Windows 98 for it.To fix the problem im suppose to run WIN.INI and find something called DVA=0.When I try to find it, there is nothing called that.What do I do then?Did getting Quake 3 off of Kazaa affect it or something?

07-05-2003, 02:45 AM
Yo I solved my prob with Jediknight 2.
And i have Pent. 4 1.6ghz.

I updated my Geforce 2 32mb card's driver from www.nvdia.com (http://www.nvdia.com)

KILLFACTORY
07-07-2003, 08:47 AM
WHAT WORKED?

Originally posted by jt:
Holy cow... after hours and hours of cursing at nVidia and playing with
various .dll's/.lib's, this finally did the trick! (Yay nVidia, Boo Matlab!)

And... Thanks!

KILLFACTORY
07-07-2003, 08:53 AM
I HAD SAME PROBLEM I JUST REINSTALLED LATEST DRIVERS FROM MANUFACTURERS WEBSITE

MAKE SURE TRI-LINEAR TEXTURING IS SUPPORTED BY THE VIDEO CARD IF NOT U OUTTA LUCK.

Originally posted by justin:
i have the same problem as wolfwood! I really really want to play MOH someone help!

07-12-2003, 05:38 AM
http://groups.msn.com/openglproblems

this website is all of the info on theeses forums that is worth trying with out the hassle of looking and trying the crappy stuff and ppl whining.

07-12-2003, 05:57 AM
Check to make sure you have a supported 3D video card to play the game. Return to Castle Wolfenstein requires that you have one of the supported 3D cards to play the game. Your card must have 100% OpenGL support and at least 16 MB of memory. A list of the supported chipset is listed in the minimum system requirements.

Make sure you have the latest video and sound card drivers from the manufacturers' websites.

If you have a motherboard with an onboard video card you need to disable it in the system BIOS. Refer to your motherboard manual and/or contact your motherboard manufacturer on how to do this.

If you are using a video card which supports dual monitors, the secondary monitor must be disabled for OpenGL to initialize correctly.

Make sure the 3D hardware acceleration is turned all the way up.
1) Right-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop and select Properties.
2) Select the Performance tab and click the Graphics button.
3) Make sure the acceleration slider is set to Full.

For Windows XP and 2000:
1) Click on the Start button > Settings > Control Panel.
2) Double-click the Display icon.
3) Click the Settings tab.
4) Click the Advanced button.
5) Click the Troubleshoot tab.
6) Make sure the acceleration slider is set to Full.

Set your desktop settings to 640 by 480 and High Color (16 bit).

All background applications must be shutdown prior to running the game.

If after trying the above solutions the game still does not work, check the following:
1) Click on the Start button > Run and in the run box type "Sysedit" without the quotes and click the OK button.
2) When Sysedit comes up you should see a bunch of cascaded windows, select the window that says Win.ini above it.
3) The Win.ini window should come to the foreground, scroll through the list of items until you come to [DrawDib].
4) Look for a line under [DrawDib] that says DVA=0 and remove it.
5) Click File, then Save and close the Sysedit program.
6) Try the game at this point.

If you do not see the DVA=0 line under the [DrawDib] section, then this is not the cause of your problem. DVA stands for Direct Video Access, and is commonly set to 0 to fix issues with older games or video problems with old software. Unfortunately it causes Return to Castle Wolfenstein to not recognize OpenGL support on your system as well. The only way to fix this is to remove that line. This should not affect anything on your system.

Set your virtual memory to a fixed size.
1) Right-click on My Computer and select Properties.
2) Click the Advanced button, click on Performance settings.
3) Click the Advanced tab, click the Change button.
4) Set the Virtual Memory to a minimum and maximum size of 600MB.
5) Confirm your selections until at the desktop - you may need to reboot.

NOTE: These steps are specific to Windows XP, Windows NT and 2000 may differ slightly.

This will occur when insufficient Virtual Memory is available for the game. For the best performance and stability under Windows NT, 2000 and XP you should aim for having at least 600MB of virtual memory available.

Turn off GL Extensions in the game by changing the configuration file.
1) Click the Start button > Programs > Accessories > Wordpad.
2) Open the wolfconfig.cfg file which is located in the Return to Castle Wolfenstein\Main directory on your machine.
3) Locate the line reading:

seta r_allowExtensions "1"

4) Change the 1 to a 0.
5) Click File > Save.

If you are not using a 3Dfx video card, disable the WickedGL support in the game.
1) Click the Start button > Programs > Accessories > Wordpad.
2) Open the WOLFCONFIG.CFG file located in the C:\...\Return to Castle Wolfenstein\Main directory.
3) Located a line reading:

seta r_glIgnoreWicked3D "0"

4) Change the "0" to a "1".
5) Save the file.

It is possible the game is having issues generating the configuration file on it's first run. Try downloading and installing the wolfconfig.cfg file listed below to the game's \MAIN directory.

If you are using a 3Dfx video card try copying the custom 3dfx OpenGL files into the System directory.
1) Use My Computer to navigate to the Return to Castle Wolfenstein drive on your hard drive.
2) Double-click the GL folder
3) Click Edit then Select All.
4) Click Edit then Copy.
5) Again using My Computer, go to the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM* folder.
6) Click Edit, then paste. Do not overwrite any existing files.

* This directory name will change depending on what version of Windows you have.

Windows 95,98,ME: - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
Windows 2000, NT: - C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32

Windows XP Users:
Please note that the default drivers that come with Windows XP are NOT OpenGL compatible. You will need to go to the video card or video chip manufacturer and obtain the latest Windows XP compatible drivers with OpenGL support. This is especially true for ATi and nVidia based video cards.

07-14-2003, 07:31 AM
thnx dr webpage gave me the info to fix my computer i did not have to waste my time scanning through fakes in this forum.. YES I CAN NOW PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://groups.msn.com/openglproblems

07-17-2003, 11:10 AM
I kept getting the message could not access opengl subsystem so I downladed the latest drivers for my graphics card from the manufacturers website and it now works, although I have heard cases from other users from others, worth a try as it did work for me

07-22-2003, 05:40 AM
This blows; I have the same exact same problems that the RTCW guys have with "Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory". I've got a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200, which is supposedly completely compatible.

07-26-2003, 02:04 PM
dont u get it rtcw and enemy territory r the SAME THING both id software, activision ect. rtcw fixes and enemy territory fixes r the same

Originally posted by Guest:
This blows; I have the same exact same problems that the RTCW guys have with "Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory". I've got a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200, which is supposedly completely compatible.

07-30-2003, 07:33 PM
im a bit confused.i did exactly what you said but....i couldnt find it.could you tell me what it is under so i could probly find it?

07-31-2003, 06:26 AM
O my ****in god..Someone help me. I read all this **** and blah it's nothing but a waste of ****in time. Ok now I read something that said...Goto Start Press Search type win.ini and press ok and look in the lines for DVAblah and..I can't find nothing like that in a line. Could someone plz ****in help me. I have aim my s/n is Wiked Jester and I have another one, ZeroAssassin84 Thank You All for trying http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

07-31-2003, 11:29 AM
Guys all, I have one solution. Ok follow this through Download Jedi Knight Two. Right click on JK2 (Not the shortcut it won't work I tried) then click properties. Then at the top you may pick from General blah and the last one Compatibility and look at it and make sure you have a little check mark at "Run this program in compatibility mode for: and then couse Windows 98/Windows ME then click apply. That will work if yo ud it right. BUT! When I have done it, I made a server and it only read one line,and I can't get the Rodian skin and some servers you may NOT join. But, if you do not like spending money and gay ass ****. You should buy "Windows 2000" CDrom and install it. Because must of this **** happans w/windows XP cuz XP wasn't "ready" for this. And thats bs.

08-01-2003, 08:56 AM
I fixed that OpenGL subsystem problem on MOHAA!!! I have wrong GeForce 2 MX drivers, and then i download right drivers, and then anything error messages not appears! I have WIN2000.

Thanks for all!