PDA

View Full Version : Having troubles while opening Wolfenstein with the OpenGL subsystem

FTP Palace
01-13-2002, 01:05 PM
This is the message I get :

http://msafrana.free.fr/BACKUP/rtcw.jpg

Please help me by replying here, sending me an email or by ICQ !
By the way, I use XP Pro
Really want to try this game !!!

[This message has been edited by FTP Palace (edited 01-13-2002).]

[This message has been edited by FTP Palace (edited 05-03-2002).]

drake3d
01-13-2002, 07:05 PM
Unless you still have a 3dfx card you should remove the 3dfxopengl.dll(not sure of the correct name) from your system32 or system dir. that should fix it. I believe the Quake2 + 3 based engines try to load the 3dfx drivers first. I think when they did the RTCW code they did not do a validity check to make sure there was not another opengl driver before erroring out.

Dave

M3mPHiS
01-14-2002, 03:45 AM
do you have the latest drivers for your 3D card since you got XP ??

01-25-2002, 08:35 AM
I figured out the solution for the problem running OPENGL games in XP.

First:
Update to the latest Detonator drivers for your NVidia card for windows XP/2000.
( http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows2000)
Version 23.11

Second:
After the install of the videodriver search
for these 2 files:
opengl32.dll (670Kb, dated 7 sept 2001) and
opengl32.lib (325Kb, dated 16 july 1996).
The can be found in the windows\system32
directory.

Third:
Copy these 2 files into your game dir
for example: x:\Program Files\EA GAMES\MOHAA
(x is your drive letter where the game is installed!)
overwriting the old files that were there.
(the old opengl32.dll is 717Kb)

Last step:
Remove the '3dfxgl.dll' from your game dir.
that should fix the problem. I believe the
engine tries to load the 3dfx drivers
first. I think when they did the RTCW code
they did not do a validity check to make
sure there was not another opengl driver
before erroring out.

After these steps the game will work on XP too!!

Have fun people!!

01-28-2002, 05:33 AM
Hi,
I've the same problem with Wolfenstein. But I use Win2000, not XP. Is it the same way like in WinXP? Please help me! http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/eek.gif

FTP Palace
01-28-2002, 07:38 AM
Yes I guess it is the same
just download the right version of Detonator XP, the one suitable for ur OS.
Be careful to restart though cause I tried to play without restarting and my screen somehow exploded. Fortunately it is assured but anyways be careful, it is never a good thing to see your comp explode in front of your nose .....

01-28-2002, 06:12 PM
Will this work for Medal of Honor:Allied Assualt also?

01-28-2002, 06:15 PM
I have a ATI Rage 128 Pro,

where can I get the driver for OpenGL for Windows XP so I can play Medal of Honor:Allied Assualt?

please help me, i am dying to play

FTP Palace
01-28-2002, 09:38 PM
Yes you can play everygame using openGL

01-29-2002, 06:28 AM
If you are looking for the OpenGl for MOHAA. Look in Windows/System32. You can copy that to EAGAMES/MOHAA to replace 3dfx. Otherwise go to Microsoft for a copy of OPENGL32.dll

02-01-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by FTP Palace:

http://msafrana.free.fr/rtcw.jpg

By the way, I use XP Pro

02-01-2002, 12:19 AM
hey man , Im having the same problem trying to run mohaa , im running win 98 , and was wondering if you ever fixed your problem if so , could you message me the how to, on icq ,my # is 76186522, removing the 3defxgl.dll replacing with opengl32.dll did nt help

02-01-2002, 04:09 AM
hi frankiep,
firstly tried with updated drivers and secondly replaced opengl32.dll in game directory but still having same problem in wolfenstein console http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif
help me please http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/rolleyes.gif

02-05-2002, 09:06 AM
Have a voodoo3 card and im running xp. i have the latest drivers i can find(im pretty sure). i have tried getting rid of that 3dfx fiel in systems32 and have put it back. But i still keep getting that DAMN error: "Could not load OpenGL subsystem "!!!
please help

02-07-2002, 11:35 AM
Thanks guys, the thread about the opengl32.dll file worked
I have tribes 2 and when i used open GL mode with my gf3 500 in fullscreen i got about 1 second freeze up, window based was fine. I have copied the opengl32.dll into tribes folder and all works now..

Down with Bill Gates.

G.

02-08-2002, 02:43 AM
awwwwwwww nuts its the same again. Lag on full screen.. helpppppppppppppppp

02-08-2002, 05:19 AM
Your config really should work
Ive done a list with all openGL related problem I know. Some of it can be related to you. Read it carefully and see If can be to help.

It seems that win2k have a lot of problems with open gl.
Win2k is reckon as NT and NT have often got problem with games
especially open gl.
(sorry to say I'm not really sure about XP yet).
The following points causes a lot of problem with Open GL

*The dva line in win ini. (solution in bottom. Check this first its a really common problem)

*To many graphiccard drivers you really have to delete in registry and the inf-files to get a clean install of new
drivers.

*Win2k the programmers seems dont bother doing drivers that will work.

*The via chipset. You often have to update your agp-drivers to get Open gl to work on a via mobo.(the aperature size is important to.) when you install the new AGP-drivers never choose the turbo version.

AGP-problem:

Try switching to AGP1X using your BIOS setup This may help, but will reduce performance slightly.
Check your AGP aperture size in your BIOS Setup. Start at half of what your total system memory is and save it.

*If you have managed to download the OPENGL-setup(80mb) remember to force the drivers over the existing drivers if you been prompted(the gl-setup contains the latest drivers for the most common cards if you already have the latest from your card manufactors just skip the gl-setup.

* Half-life and other openGL games have opengl.dll files in the games root. If you have friends with working openGL copy and change your game-root .dll files

*The biggest problem is card manufactors telling us they got cards and drivers that work with open GL but they just dont.

Here is a formula if you want to do a clean uninstall of Creative display drivers It should work with other manufactors to if you know the ending:

- Run any uninstall from Add/Remove Programs for the drivers. These frequently are
not totally thorough but should be done anyway.
After you reboot, delete these files
In C:\Windows\System: nv*.*, bc*.*, bls*.*, 3dbg*.*
(the latter 3 only apply to Creative drivers)
In C:\Wwindows\Inf: drvdata.bin, drvidx.bin, 3dbg*.inf, nv*.inf
In C:\Inf\Other: 3dbg*.inf, nv*.inf
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech\Blaster Control 3.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Controls
Folder\Device\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\Blaste r Control 3.0
Folder\Device\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\NVTwea k
(look under Controls Folder\Display as well as Device keys here for
Blaster Control or NVTweak keys)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
- look for bcdetect or NVInitialize entries on the right side and
delete them but not the whole Run key. Also, check the RunOnce
key for the same entries.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\OpenGLdrivers
- delete the RIVATNT entry on the right side

After you have done this do a reinstall of windows(not format).
Then install the original drivers to your garaphiccard(not detonators)
Don’t install any open GL drivers separately.

The DVA problem:

Click Start / Run.
Type "win.ini" (without quotes) and press OK.
Search for a line that says "DVA=0" (without quotes).
Add a semicolon ( before the DVA (The line should now look like this: ";DVA=0" (without quotes))
Save and close the file
If you find this causes more problems, just take out the semicolon.
Note that not everyone has this line, and if there is none you'll have to try another solution.

Thoose are the most common probs. Hope you will be helped.

03-14-2002, 06:18 PM
Ummm...what do I do if my vid card doesn't support OpenGL? Must I get a new card to play RTCW? I don't want to considering its my blasted laptop...

Thanx

03-14-2002, 06:35 PM
UPDATE!!!

Well, i was just away for a sec and i come back to see my computers screen saver. The saver just happend to be the 3d Maze. Also, it was just passing the floating OpenGL thing that is in the middle of the maze. I check out this a bit, and discover all the other 3d screen savers use OpenGL. Well, according to my video card maker, it says OpenGL doesnt work with my computer. Now I am really confused. A have a Trident Cyberblade Ai1 (i believe) and Win2k. PLZ!!! I am realy confused. I need some help with this.

Oh, and i only have the Single Player RTCW demo right now. If this makes any difference.

Thanx

yakuza
03-15-2002, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by WhoMan:
UPDATE!!!

Well, i was just away for a sec and i come back to see my computers screen saver. The saver just happend to be the 3d Maze. Also, it was just passing the floating OpenGL thing that is in the middle of the maze. I check out this a bit, and discover all the other 3d screen savers use OpenGL. Well, according to my video card maker, it says OpenGL doesnt work with my computer. Now I am really confused. A have a Trident Cyberblade Ai1 (i believe) and Win2k. PLZ!!! I am realy confused. I need some help with this.

Oh, and i only have the Single Player RTCW demo right now. If this makes any difference.

Thanx

Your card probably doesn't have hardware opengl support. The screensaver was running in Software opengl mode. I'd recommend upgrading to a RadeonLE or Geforce2MX card, they can be found for about $50 at most online retailers.

Good luck.

03-17-2002, 01:34 AM
OK
here's the deal
i really wanna play all OpenGL games right,
but all i have is a Matrox Millennium II
what i want to know
is are there any openGL drivers available for it
or can i use the drivers from the MGA 400 or something

any replys would be appreciated

Thanx

The One (quake2camper@hotmail.com)

03-17-2002, 04:24 PM
just wondering if anyone can help me out with the opengl for a voodoo3 running xp

email me at chris5@optushome.com.au

thanks

03-18-2002, 01:09 PM
I also have been getting this eror message with quake3(GLW-Start opengl ( ) -could not load openGL subsystem.) I have a win98 system with a NVIDIA 2MX/MX400 graphics board, I got mine to work! I reformatted, reloaded win98, directx 8.1, misc.software programs, then went to the windows update site and updated the security updates and IE, outlook express, and everything else that was there. After rebooting quake3 worked. I don't have any idea if this works on non win98 systems but if you have win98 try this, it couldn't hurt.

John111
03-24-2002, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by FrankieP:

First:
Update to the latest Detonator drivers for your NVidia card for windows XP/2000.
Version 23.11

Second:
for these 2 files:
directory.

Third:

Last step:
before erroring out.

Have fun people!!

Just wondering if you could e-mail me back and let me know where the opengl32.lib file is in windows XP i am running medal of honor and it's giving me the opengl32 error. I have overwritten this file in my gameing folder but i cannot seem to find the opengl32.lib. I have changed my video card from a savage 4 to a Geforce 2 mx 400 so it should work.

Thanx John.

johngolf38@hotmail.com

Rajesh
04-14-2002, 02:54 PM
I had the same problem on my new Windows XP system.. I then installed the latest nvidia drivers but still had the problem.

I then ran dxdiag to troubleshoot the problem and found that the "DirectX Features" were "not available".

I was able to enable them by opening the "display properties", settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab and slide the "hardware acceleration" to "full". dxdiag then showed the features as enabled and im now able to play my games.

Your welcome. http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif
Rajesh.

fdf
04-16-2002, 07:20 PM

http://msafrana.free.fr/rtcw.jpg

By the way, I use XP Pro

04-25-2002, 06:31 PM
downlaod gl setup and let it get the latest drivers for your card, if you get the option to keep or force, force it, because this updates the video card drivers you have got to open gl.

04-29-2002, 08:11 PM
I have the same error that comes up when i play jedi knight GLW_startopengl ()- could not open OPenGL subsystem
I have a Voodoo 4500 and winxp how the do i fix this problem?

05-01-2002, 01:30 PM
i have the same problem, voodoo 4 4500 & Windows XP professional i went to www.voodoofiles.com (http://www.voodoofiles.com) and downloaded the amigamerlin21 drivers for it, and there are still errors that come up when i'm installing those and also when i try to play opengl games....
i can play C&C: Renegade fine with my 8mb onboard video, but not at all with my 32mb voodoo 4...
i really need help!!

05-02-2002, 02:02 PM
Assian's method doesn't work for me i get a message that Opengl32.dll already exists when i try to rename Actecxl.dll

psycho
06-06-2002, 02:18 AM
i have the same card and i still cannot play lotsa games i want to!so if u find the solution post it to me 2 pls!!!i ll be glad!!!thanx!!!
yunus_emre_yinanc@hotmail.com
thanx again!

KiLLER_WeaZaL
06-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by thelv:
Your config really should work
Ive done a list with all openGL related problem I know. Some of it can be related to you. Read it carefully and see If can be to help.

It seems that win2k have a lot of problems with open gl.
Win2k is reckon as NT and NT have often got problem with games
especially open gl.
(sorry to say I'm not really sure about XP yet).
The following points causes a lot of problem with Open GL

*The dva line in win ini. (solution in bottom. Check this first its a really common problem)

*To many graphiccard drivers you really have to delete in registry and the inf-files to get a clean install of new
drivers.

*Win2k the programmers seems dont bother doing drivers that will work.

*The via chipset. You often have to update your agp-drivers to get Open gl to work on a via mobo.(the aperature size is important to.) when you install the new AGP-drivers never choose the turbo version.

AGP-problem:

Try switching to AGP1X using your BIOS setup This may help, but will reduce performance slightly.
Check your AGP aperture size in your BIOS Setup. Start at half of what your total system memory is and save it.

*If you have managed to download the OPENGL-setup(80mb) remember to force the drivers over the existing drivers if you been prompted(the gl-setup contains the latest drivers for the most common cards if you already have the latest from your card manufactors just skip the gl-setup.

* Half-life and other openGL games have opengl.dll files in the games root. If you have friends with working openGL copy and change your game-root .dll files

*The biggest problem is card manufactors telling us they got cards and drivers that work with open GL but they just dont.

Here is a formula if you want to do a clean uninstall of Creative display drivers It should work with other manufactors to if you know the ending:

- Run any uninstall from Add/Remove Programs for the drivers. These frequently are
not totally thorough but should be done anyway.
After you reboot, delete these files
In C:\Windows\System: nv*.*, bc*.*, bls*.*, 3dbg*.*
(the latter 3 only apply to Creative drivers)
In C:\Wwindows\Inf: drvdata.bin, drvidx.bin, 3dbg*.inf, nv*.inf
In C:\Inf\Other: 3dbg*.inf, nv*.inf
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech\Blaster Control 3.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation
Folder\Device\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\Blaste r Control 3.0
Folder\Device\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\NVTwea k
(look under Controls Folder\Display as well as Device keys here for
Blaster Control or NVTweak keys)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
- look for bcdetect or NVInitialize entries on the right side and
delete them but not the whole Run key. Also, check the RunOnce
key for the same entries.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\OpenGLdrivers
- delete the RIVATNT entry on the right side

After you have done this do a reinstall of windows(not format).
Then install the original drivers to your garaphiccard(not detonators)
Don’t install any open GL drivers separately.

The DVA problem:

Click Start / Run.
Type "win.ini" (without quotes) and press OK.
Search for a line that says "DVA=0" (without quotes).
Add a semicolon ( before the DVA (The line should now look like this: ";DVA=0" (without quotes))
Save and close the file
If you find this causes more problems, just take out the semicolon.
Note that not everyone has this line, and if there is none you'll have to try another solution.

Thoose are the most common probs. Hope you will be helped.

well the glsetup i had was only 205k not 80 mb

Problems_soul
06-08-2002, 04:35 PM
hey so did you get to know how it works. i'm still confused http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/confused.gif

Problems_soul
06-08-2002, 04:38 PM
i still don't understand do you have msn or anything so i can talk to you http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/confused.gif

Problems_soul
06-08-2002, 04:40 PM
someone help me i am confused my msn is cooly_15@hotmail.com and when you get my msn put your nickname (problem) so i know it's you helping me.

as1076819
08-19-2002, 04:29 PM
Yes you can play everygame using openGL

10-16-2002, 04:31 AM
Hello,

I have a Win98 system with ATI Xpert2000 card (32MB) trying to run RTCW. After trying everything here it turns out that all I needed to do was to set Hardware Acceleration to 'Full' as Rajesh described. Thanks Rajesh!

Wormguy

Originally posted by Rajesh:
I had the same problem on my new Windows XP system.. I then installed the latest nvidia drivers but still had the problem.

I then ran dxdiag to troubleshoot the problem and found that the "DirectX Features" were "not available".

I was able to enable them by opening the "display properties", settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab and slide the "hardware acceleration" to "full". dxdiag then showed the features as enabled and im now able to play my games.

Your welcome. http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif
Rajesh.

shoppingmom
10-23-2002, 11:59 PM
...I did all that, still got ERROR CODE 19, GILS re-installed itself...here's the URL to the game launch, I'd appreciate any help from anyone who can help~thanks again and sorry for all the posts....worldplay/hearts/game launch: <div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Originally" TARGET=_blank>http://aol.ea.com/clubroom/games/cc_hearts00/interstitial.jsp?SERVICE_ID=2006 (http://aol.ea.com/clubroom/games/cc_hearts00/interstitial.jsp?SERVICE_ID=2006 <div class=)
Originally posted by FrankieP:

First:
Version 23.11

Second:
for these 2 files:
directory.

Third:

Last step:
before erroring out.

Have fun people!!

12-28-2002, 01:40 AM
Dear Thelv,

You,ve solved my problem concerning opengl; couldn't open subsystem. Thank you very much. I've got the error report on MOHAA as wel as on RTCW, two games I loved playing, but wasn't able to for some time. I use Windows ME and several drvers for my Geforce 2MX-200/400 card by nVidea. I played the games both with this configuration, but all of a sudden I wasn't able to do so anymore. I don't know what caused the problem. It was after installing the Spearheaddemo of MOHAA, which I couldn't play as well. It is all solved now by your advice to change "DVA=0" in ";DVA=0". The bloody semicolon in win.ini caused all problems. There must have been a program, that changed that. All is functioning now, however, thanks to you! Luckely I didn't have to reinstall Windows.

Peter

01-03-2003, 01:27 AM
GOD!!!!!!!!!
I have tried every thing i can and none of it works i installed xp updating from Me and a bunch of files were lost but i didnt care cause all i do on the computer is play games so i start up mohaa and it says cant find the opengl files so i was pissed i had the game 4 days and now it doesnt work i have reinstalled the game i have done most of the things above my one setting thing was already on full and the driver thing i could only find one the the replacement files so i just used it and it still did not work i have looked for like 5 or 6 days for a fix but all have failed the only practical thing i have read is to go back to my previous operating system (Me) someone said thats what did it for them also what causes this to even happen mostly i have read people were able to play before the problem accoured is it a chage in O.S. or something else might it be a glitch in windows? if u can help me answer any of these questions/problems or just to get my game running again i would be very happy and thankful if you know how to fix the opengl for nivida tnt2 on an xp operating system please e-mail me at iceccool9@aol.com

01-07-2003, 06:05 AM
i think that copythefiles-thing works. but i donīt have opengl32.lib. when i try to start counter-strike in opengl, i donīt see an error but the loading-screen. unfortunately nothing happens.does somone know, where i can get the file (opengl32.lib)? do i need this file in win98?

01-16-2003, 03:29 AM

By the way, I use XP Pro

01-23-2003, 10:48 AM
have you ever tried this site? some peepz seem to get it to work and gone are the problems, but I did the DVA trick and it also worked... so, here you go:
http://users.skynet.be/perspage/game/screenshots.html

01-30-2003, 08:03 PM
ABSOLUTE FIX FOR: could not load OpenGL Subsystem() and missing Glide installation problems, which half of Wolfenstein and Mohaa users have encountered. After searching endlessly on the internet for something that acutally fixes the problem, I have finally fixed it.

1. Get SciTech's "GL Direct"

(Official description: SciTech GLDirect allows you to run OpenGL-based applications using Microsoft DirectX 6.x or later drivers. SciTech GLDirect is compatible with any graphics card that supports DirectX 6.x +)

Download the 21 Day free trial from: http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/enterprise/gld_home.html

and install

Try game. If it works, which it should, you will need to get a crack for the trial so that it remains functionable on your system forever. Download below, unzip into watever folder GLDirect.exe is in ( probably c:\program files\gldirect ) http://hometown.aol.com/toolguy16/gldirectcrack.zip

STEP 3.

Reboot after the install, and it will update and patch anything that was wrong with your OpenGL drivers. Game should work fine, only solutoin that actually fixed my game after countless attempts by Activision and other experts to give me advice!

please send comments or questions to fffearfactory@aol.com

02-09-2003, 03:47 PM
Dear friend I have a P4,512MB RAM and GeF4 Ti 4200 Video. I have the same problems as above. Simply solve the problem - disable second monitor on Display Properties Settings as OpenGL drivers can not work with multi monitor mode.
THAT IS SOLUTION!!!

02-18-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Sk8eral:
Will this work for Medal of Honor:Allied Assualt also?

03-03-2003, 06:22 PM
WHy the F*** wen i wanna play wolfenstein does it hav a grey screen for a few minutes then wen it starts it has lag like crazy!!!!!!!!!! http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif

03-08-2003, 10:02 AM
I did the whole get the GLDirect thingy and i got the crack and the game works now but its goes really slow and then completely stops when i am about to connect to a server, can anyone help with this???

03-14-2003, 08:59 AM
I have a SIS630 on Win98 and also get the OpenGL error when loading Allied Assault. I can't get any sense out of the SIS tech support site, and the drivers on the web site have no description as to what they are for. Does anyone if/where SIS630/OpenGL drivers are available from ? Thanks for any help offered.

03-18-2003, 09:30 AM

By the way, I use XP Pro

04-07-2003, 12:41 PM
So I found a program that deals with OpenGL when your videocard or drivers are not able to do the job! It is called Scitech GLDirect and you can download a 21-day trial version of their website. Search for the crack and you're done forever!

Now I have another problem I didn't figured out yet, maybe someone else can help me with this one! MOHAA is running already and when I start the first mission/practising and then I get the error that my system doesn't support multitexturing. How can I change something in my system or in MOHAA options to let the program work normally?

MOHAA USERS UNITE FOR THIS ONE! http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

05-15-2003, 10:10 AM
i use a 3dfx voodoo2 accelerator and i dont know were to get opengl thingy at HELP!!!!

05-20-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by The M.A.R.T.:
So I found a program that deals with OpenGL when your videocard or drivers are not able to do the job! It is called Scitech GLDirect and you can download a 21-day trial version of their website. Search for the crack and you're done forever!

Now I have another problem I didn't figured out yet, maybe someone else can help me with this one! MOHAA is running already and when I start the first mission/practising and then I get the error that my system doesn't support multitexturing. How can I change something in my system or in MOHAA options to let the program work normally?

MOHAA USERS UNITE FOR THIS ONE! http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

I'm having the same issue as above.
Win XP Pro
GeForce MX440

Any solutions?

P.S. I got passed the opengl thing, now this "Medal of Honor requires a video card with multitexturing capability"

06-07-2003, 10:52 AM
Enjoy http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif
=========================

"GLW_StartOpenGL() - Could Not Load OpenGL Subsystem" when trying to start game.
This error indicates a trouble initializing your 3D graphics card. The first thing to check would be to ensure that you meet the games requirements for at least a 16 MB video card with support for OpenGL. To find out what type of video card you have: Go to Start and select Run and type dxdiag and press Ok. Along the top of the tool click on the tab that says Display. On the left side near the top it will state the name. Also note the Aprox. Total Memory a couple lines below the name.
Next, ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your card. You will want to check the card manufacturers web site for any updates and follow any directions that they provide.

Also, OpenGL does not work with multiple monitor setups. If you have a dual-display you will need to disable the secondary monitor.

Follow these steps to do so:
- Right click on the Desktop background and select 'Properties' - Click on the 'Settings' tab
- Click on the monitor that is labeled with a number '2'
- Uncheck the box that says "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor".
- Click 'Apply' and 'Ok'. The game should now run properly.

If you are still receiving this error once both of these things are met check the following: Go to Start > Run and in the run box type "win.ini" without the quotes and click the OK button. The Win.ini window should come to the foreground, scroll through the list of items until you come to [DrawDib]. Look for a line under [DrawDib] that says DVA=0 and remove it. Click File, then Save and close the Sysedit program. Try the game at this point.

If you do not see the DVA=0 line under the [DrawDib] section, then this is not the cause of your problem. DVA stands for Direct Video Access, and is commonly set to 0 to fix issues with older games or video problems with old software. Unfortunately it causes the game to not recognize OpenGL support on your system as well. The only way to fix this is to remove that line. This should not affect anything on your system.

06-14-2003, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FrankieP:
[B]I figured out the solution for the problem running OPENGL games in XP.

It worked for me. Thanks a lot.

Alan Sillitoe

06-16-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by sk8eral:

where can I get the driver for OpenGL for Windows XP so I can play Medal of Honor:Allied Assualt?

hey man i have a rage fury pro xpert 2000, get updates at www.ati.com (http://www.ati.com) press find driver

06-16-2003, 08:14 AM
u must remember when viewing all of theeses pages that tell you to go to websites that if your driver is not made by that company THEN IT WONT WORK, you cant have an ati driver and go to www.nivida.com (http://www.nivida.com) it wont work . alot of people r gonna have rage cards thooses are made by ati. look at my other mesaage about how to find what kind u have.
commen driver pages!!!

ATI TECHNOLOGIES http://mirror.ati.com/support/drivers/powered.html

Nivida http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

if not sure try this press display adapteus in the fall down mena after u press scan computer http://www.drivershq.com/

if not listed press ur manufacteurs name into google...

dont click any driver page u must have the correct manufacteurs website of the chip u own to update it...look back to my other message to find out how.......once u no find its page and get the update. it wont work if u have an ati chip and try to update with nivida

nivida .... www.nivida.com (http://www.nivida.com)
ati www.ati.com (http://www.ati.com)
not sure http://www.drivershq.com/ www.google.com (http://www.google.com) (put in manufacteurs name)

dr. death (evan__03hotmail.com)

look people, we are all trying to do the same thing here but we r all going to have different soulutions. some people it is there cards, some people cards, some people ****y comp, and others. the moniter one is easy and the same with chip. follow instructions below.
first for chips,

start, control pannel, system then hardware, then device manager look under display adapters,, write down the name and maker of ur card. go on the web and search the maker then download the update for it so exemple i have a rage fury/xpert 2000 pro (ATI TECHNOLIGIES). made my microsoft, go to www.ati.com (http://www.ati.com) , look under find driver / download drivers, find ur driver and instal, then adjust ur settings and try ur game........ should work..
...REMEMBER IF UR CARD IS MADE BY A COMPANY U MUST UPDATE IT AT THAT COMPANY IF U DONT IT WONT EVEN WORK.

NOW moniters,

start, control pannel, system then hardware, then device manager, look under moniters and see how many are installed, if you have two installed click one one and disable it. (that is how to fix, but not the problem on my computer, my computer has a plug and play moniter because xp installs stuff itself)

i hope this helps people when u find ur chip name/ manufacteur just type the name in google and go to there website, u will find the update.

PEOPLE STOP POSTING WIN.INI FILES AND GAMES COPYS OF MESSAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-16-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by The M.A.R.T.:

so what a 21 day trial, where do u get the crack, i tried with out the crack it works but it is very lagging and too hard to play on, its a temporary solution ... i only recommend doing that if ur desperate.. u can see stuff but u will be lagged out of ur mind

06-16-2003, 11:10 AM
dont use the 21 day trial thing, it makes ur game work but it SUCKS HARD!!!!!!it showws the graphics but u cant play very good.

[This message has been edited by dr. death (edited 06-26-2003).]

06-26-2003, 05:23 AM
that makes ur game laggy and is not legal. it also plays it in 2d graphics so its just a waste of time anyway, ya it works but its so ****ty u wont do much,.

Originally posted by toolguy16:
ABSOLUTE FIX FOR: could not load OpenGL Subsystem() and missing Glide installation problems, which half of Wolfenstein and Mohaa users have encountered. After searching endlessly on the internet for something that acutally fixes the problem, I have finally fixed it.

1. Get SciTech's "GL Direct"

(Official description: SciTech GLDirect allows you to run OpenGL-based applications using Microsoft DirectX 6.x or later drivers. SciTech GLDirect is compatible with any graphics card that supports DirectX 6.x +)

Download the 21 Day free trial from: http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/enterprise/gld_home.html

and install

Try game. If it works, which it should, you will need to get a crack for the trial so that it remains functionable on your system forever. Download below, unzip into watever folder GLDirect.exe is in ( probably c:\program files\gldirect ) http://hometown.aol.com/toolguy16/gldirectcrack.zip

STEP 3.

Reboot after the install, and it will update and patch anything that was wrong with your OpenGL drivers. Game should work fine, only solutoin that actually fixed my game after countless attempts by Activision and other experts to give me advice!

please send comments or questions to fffearfactory@aol.com

06-26-2003, 05:32 AM
buy a better card, i had a rage furry pro/xpert 2000 (better than urs) and i was told to get a better chip

Originally posted by sk8eral:

marcel
07-06-2003, 01:33 AM
I had to install XP again due to a flaw I had last week. I also had to reinstall 3 games, MoHAA, Spearhead, and Enemy Territory. The first time I installed these games I didn't encounter any problems, but this time I encountered the OpenGL-problem.
I've got a Geforce 2 MX/MX 400, I've installed the 43.45 drivers (www.nvidia.nl).
I have had these drivers the last time I played the game, so I thought it should not have any problem. Now I've encountered this OpenGL-problem, what can I do to solve this problem and finally play this game again

07-06-2003, 06:04 AM

By the way, I use XP Pro

marcel
07-06-2003, 07:40 AM
I've got the same problem as szarka, I'd appreciate if anyone should post a solution, I've allready downloaded drivers, but it didn't help

07-12-2003, 05:51 AM
http://groups.msn.com/openglproblems/

u will find awnsers u need here all checked to make sure they work no ppls bitching no working stuff.

07-12-2003, 05:03 PM
ive spent an HOUR downloading opengl shiaaat for my Radeon 8500 lol i hate opengl games, but hopefully one of these will work so i can play enemy teritory and MOHAA

08-03-2003, 12:36 AM
okay i got the solution..i think go to start...run...then type dxdiag then copy just the top part and paste it into one of these then ill take a look and fix it k? (-8\

08-18-2003, 06:49 PM
This is stupid i did the Scitech thing and it just gives me a program errorWhen it's about to play the game which makes me mad http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif

red5
08-21-2003, 02:08 AM

By the way, I use XP Pro

Hi thereb FTP PALACE
I had the same message when i tryed to run RTCW on WINXP HOME EDITION this is what i did
it,s up to you if u want to try it here goes:--- -----------
It appears that RTCW, MOHAA, JEDI KNIGHT2
BATTLE FIELD 1942 do not like WINXP PRO& HOME
EDITIONS I think this might be because games were never ment to run on NTFS at all but they do run on FAT32 so reformat your hard drive PARTION it half NTFS half FAT32 then install all your games on the FAT32 half if you want to leave your original video card drivers on this fix works all right for me I
have a GEFORCE 2 400MX/Mx nvida card
E-mail me and let me know how u got on
SEE YA!!!
MTFBWY
RED 5

08-21-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by red5:
Hi thereb FTP PALACE
I had the same message when i tryed to run RTCW on WINXP HOME EDITION this is what i did
it,s up to you if u want to try it here goes:--- -----------
It appears that RTCW, MOHAA, JEDI KNIGHT2
BATTLE FIELD 1942 do not like WINXP PRO& HOME
EDITIONS I think this might be because games were never ment to run on NTFS at all but they do run on FAT32 so reformat your hard drive PARTION it half NTFS half FAT32 then install all your games on the FAT32 half if you want to leave your original video card drivers on this fix works all right for me I
have a GEFORCE 2 400MX/Mx nvida card
E-mail me and let me know how u got on
SEE YA!!!
MTFBWY
RED 5

Red5 is still at it.

<Sarcastic tirade on>

Hey, what worked for me is to rewire my house for 220 volts and then switch my computer to 220.

Thing wouldn't run OpenGL games on 110 volts! DAMN YOU MICROSOFT/EA/AOL/STORM THURMOND AND YOUR INABILITY TO RUN OPENGL GAMES ON 110 VOLTS!!!

Everyone who posts here, try switching your computers to 220 volts. I have only vague anecdotal evidence that this works, it will take you days of work to set it up, and it may cause many more headaches than it fixes, but give it a try!

</Sarcastic tirade on>

08-30-2003, 02:25 AM
i downloaded the scitech... it worked (but the crack never, it was a wrong version - i had 4 and it was for 2).

Anyway, ill find the correct crack later, but when i try to connect to a server, or in the lan, the game freezes! Im pretty sure this is cuz of the crack, cuz i have another pc, and everything runs fine on there without the crack. So plz help me. i really wanna play multiplayer on the lan, and i have about 15 days left of the scitech software.

This also happened to Tamerak, and his problem is written above - im pretty sure its the same, so can sum1 help us? thx in advance

09-16-2003, 05:37 PM
Seems the first thing to look into is that the original WINDOWS XP DRIVERS ARE NOT OPENGL COMPATIBLE! Kinda odd, huh! Got this info at http://groups.msn.com/openglproblems/ and apparently they should know what they are talking about...
I downloaded the manufacturer's driver, and had no problems afterwards... :-)
Hope this helps

09-17-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Robert Indo:
Seems the first thing to look into is that the original WINDOWS XP DRIVERS ARE NOT OPENGL COMPATIBLE! Kinda odd, huh! Got this info at http://groups.msn.com/openglproblems/ and apparently they should know what they are talking about...
I downloaded the manufacturer's driver, and had no problems afterwards... :-)
Hope this helps

Hi Robert,

The obvious is also stated right here on this site, for those who care to read it.
http://www.opengl.org/users/faq/index.html
-and- http://www.opengl.org/users/gaming/index.html

To play an OpenGL game on your Windows 9X/2K/NT/XP system

Step 1. Make sure you have the latest OpenGL hardware driver for your video board. Each OpenGL accelerator manufacturer writes their own OpenGL drivers. So if you need a new or updated driver, go to the manufacturer's web site for your OpenGL accelerator board and download and install their latest OpenGL driver.

(Now, I will admit that is a bit confusing to a novice user. It should really just say "go to the manufacturer's web site for your accelerator board and download and install their latest video driver." But that's a DOH kinda situation anyway. I can't believe people rely on M$ for ALL their system drivers.)

suhaakkus
09-24-2003, 07:17 AM
Please Help about Having a S3 Trio3D Card.How shall I Solve the OpenGL problem

universalpotatoes
09-30-2003, 12:21 PM
can u ppl help me i got the same prob as the response before me

10-02-2003, 09:38 AM
Check the following XP-monitor settings..:

Advanced settings
Performance
Use bus mastering (must be on)

Worked flawlessly even for my sluggish Matrox G450 card.

Originally posted by SCYTHE:
i think that copythefiles-thing works. but i donīt have opengl32.lib. when i try to start counter-strike in opengl, i donīt see an error but the loading-screen. unfortunately nothing happens.does somone know, where i can get the file (opengl32.lib)? do i need this file in win98?

11-25-2003, 06:54 AM
I figured out my problem. My display was High Color(16-bit), so I changed it to True Color(24-bit) and now it works!!! http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

11-25-2003, 06:56 AM
I figured out my problem. My display was High Color(16-bit), so I changed it to True Color(24-bit) and now it works!!! http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif

12-03-2003, 11:25 AM
I had the opengl problem with mohaa, it could not find the subfiles and just shut down leaving a mohaa console on the screen telling me I had this problem.I had installed a new graphics card some months ago and using setup CD which came with it, I popped this in and clicked on 'drivers' and install. This fixed the problem and mohaa runs A1. Hope this helps.