PDA

View Full Version : ATI Rage Orion card & 6500/300

lar2jan
06-27-2000, 11:20 AM
I am unable to run either QT movies or games requiring OpenGL on my PPC6500/300 without getting distorted sound, static or jerky motion. If I revert to an older version of ATI software and older version of OpenGL, I do not get the sound distortion but, of course, cannot run some games that require the latest version of OpenGL. I have found comments on other forums regarding the PPC 6400s & 6500s having similar problems. I do have a Sonnet Crescendo 400 L2 G3 card installed. I have disabled that but there is no difference in results.

07-07-2000, 01:37 PM
'Ello,

I've had similar problems for the last six months on my ATI Rage based card. Posted on many forums but no solutions. Then I found the holy grail of sites for STI Rage users:
http://www.rage3d.com

These are *not* official drivers, but as you will learn from reading a few posts in the forum there - they are much better. I downloaded version 7.5 of the drivers they have there and it solved my opengl problems - I suggest you do the same.

If you have any problems with them, post on the forum there and Slaykill or RageLTMan will be sure to help you out - they helped me :-)

...wow I sound like an advert - good luck :-)

Ash aka EnglishMafiaGuy
englishmafiaguy@blackvault.com