PDA

View Full Version : Geforce 4 MX 440

01-24-2003, 05:06 PM
Anyone Know why the stupid Geforces are not working? I e-mailed nvidia and told them to fix this opengl problem.

the_klint
01-25-2003, 01:32 AM
I have the same probleme...
My Leadtek Gforce4 MX440 doesn't take at all opengl... even with latest nvidia's driver for this card
at first i whent to Leadtek for drivers but it didn't work so i wrote to the tech support they said :" hurrr yep sorry huurr our drivers arn't working...go to nvidia !!!" :O:O:O http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/redface.gif:O
But nvidia doesn't propose anythning else for opengl and latest driver isn't good enough to play HALF-LIFE (in DOD version) under WIND2K

if anyone could show me DIRECTLY to a link where i could find a opengl driver... :S

thx

the_klint

the_klint
01-26-2003, 04:58 AM
Download this
" nVidia Refresh Rate Fix MKII for Detonator 40.41 "

at this link
" http://www.voodoofiles.com/7780 "
it solved my problem for playnig Halfe-life and Day of defeat

01-27-2003, 07:12 PM
Ill Try This new detonator i cant even play warcraft 3 without it freezing

01-27-2003, 07:59 PM
I just tried installing the thing u told me but i cant finish the install it just freezes when it gets to 62%. LOL anyone know how else i can fix my problem

the_klint
01-28-2003, 02:01 AM
What OS do u use ?

is u'r windows fresh ? is the geforce card's driver up to date ?
When a tool like that can't run "all the way", there is a conflict of some sort due to either a missing file (try desactivating antivirus's and firewall when installing things) or incompatibility due to old versions or bad technologie...

try the tech forums on the web sites of the game u can't run (i found my own solution on tech support for open gl on Day of defeat site)because anyway Nvidia provides almost no technical support on opengl problems

01-28-2003, 11:31 AM
I use windows 98
pentium 3 733
256MB sd-ram
Asus motherboard
soundblaster live 5.1
and u know my vid card

the_klint
01-29-2003, 02:48 AM
this "tool" i advised is for wind2k and XP problems (it can't do anything bad to your system anyway http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif)

but normaly with windows98 gforce opengl isn't that bad

have u been to your game's web site on the forum ? ask them (in the forum or the tech support) for problems on opengl or see if there are people who have solutions

i told u what answerd my problems and how i found my own solutions for opengl now young paddawan i can't do no nothing more cos i am no techniction http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gif

02-05-2003, 12:40 PM
OpenGL does not work for me, too.
This is an XFX GF4 MX440SE 64MB DDR AGP in an
AGP 1.0 slot on a Biostar M5ALA 2.0 with
ALI 1541/1543 chipset, K6-2 400, 256MB PC-100.
Tried 30.82, 40.72, 41.09, 42.70, none works.
Same for both w98 se and w2k sp3.
Does that ring a bell for anyone?

the_klint
02-06-2003, 03:06 AM
so u tried my advise for this file ?

I solved my problem (could not play Half life or any other modes of the game in another way than "Sofware-mod" !! so i had no opengl nor direct3d)
my drivers are all up to date (leadtek gforce4 mx440 running on wind2k)
i downloaded this file :
nVidia Refresh Rate Fix MKII for Detonator 40.41
(nividia's script modified by a programmer)
(it helps reshresh rates for geforces cards under windows 2000 and XP
- Solves 60 Hz bug for DirectDraw, Direct3D and OpenGL
- Lets you specify refresh rates from 60 up to 240.
- Compatible to Detonator 40.41
- Also works with older Detonators, since 28.32)Description
If you have a nVidia graphics card, you'll probably know about the very common bug, that occurs together with the nVidia Detonator drivers under Windows NT/2000/XP: Normally, you can't get a higher refresh rate than 60 Hz in the OpenGL/Direct3D modes, which makes you very blind after a while of gaming. ;-) I programmed this tool, to fix this bug, since I could not find an existing tool for this on the internet, which is compatible with the new official Detonator v28.32 drivers. There already were some tools around that supported the older Detonator versions.

now half life runs smooth and fine

Refresh rates with windows and opengl are not the best of couples so improving your PC allows it to be more stable as a game platform...

two advises : Go to Half life and counterstrike Web site's forum in the tech problems part and see for advise on OPENGL or ask them telling exactly the same message u get when error occures
i got my advise, that allowed my pc to run OpGL with HL on the DAY OF DEFEAT's forum this is the link : (i am sure there are settings and stuff u can use to improve your pc and help your card run opengl) http://forums.dayofdefeatmod.com/forums/...&threadid=27528 (http://forums.dayofdefeatmod.com/forums/showthread.php?s=f671709498538aff840cea8049ffc9bc&threadid=27528)

02-06-2003, 04:47 AM
the_klint wrote:
>so u tried my advise for this file ?

Since the problem was the same under w98, I
didn't try the refreshRate fix yet.

Curiously, yesterday I got OpenGL to work under w98 -- a driver un- & reinstall (30.82)
did it. Many OpenGL demos and games work
now :-), Neverwinter Nights still crashes,
though :-(.

The Nvidia demos work, too, which didn't
before. Impressive they are.
Do they use the OpenGL API?

The refreshRate fix I'll try tonight on w2k,
thanks for the tip.
Rainer

02-06-2003, 07:15 AM
Well I made it work by putting my old ATI rage Xpert 2000 back in and installing the drivers for it. so if u have an ati card put it back in and then install the drivers then put your old one back in and install that one too. http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

filo
02-07-2003, 07:41 AM
Alas, the refresh rate fix did not help. :-(

02-08-2003, 07:08 AM
Hi - bit off topic, but I'm going mad... I recently got a Gforce4 MX 440 made by Mercury... How do I run 2 monitors with it? There's only one socket... http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

Sorry if I'm just being a fool...

filo
02-13-2003, 11:54 PM
To answer some of my own questions...
I wrote as rainer.blome-a-t-web-d-e:
> Neverwinter Nights still crashes, though :-(.

NWN works now -- in english. The german version I never got to work.

> The Nvidia demos work, ... Do they use the OpenGL API?

Yes, most of them. This is apparent in the name of many of them. At least two (Creature and Toy Soldiers, I think) have DX7 in their name. Creature does work under w2k, the other doesn't.

To my dismay, even a fresh install of win2k did not fix the problem.

filo
02-14-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by DJ_SYLVER_T:
Well I made it work by putting my old ATI rage Xpert 2000 back in and installing the drivers for it. ...

Intersting tip. A Rage 128 Pro I have, should be the same chip, so I'll try this. [2003/02/26: Sadly, this did not help. ]

Before switching to the ATI, did you uninstall your nVidia drivers? Which ones were installed?

Were the ATI drivers already installed before you switched to the ATI? If so, which version?
If not, which ATI drivers did you install?

Before switching back to the nVidia, did you uninstall the ATI drivers?
Which nVidia driver did you install?

[This message has been edited by filo (edited 02-26-2003).]

02-15-2003, 03:56 PM
to the person who wanted to run dual monitors, its not possible with the geforce4 mx series. if you have the money you can get a geforce4 ti4200,ti440, or the ti4600 (ti4200 being the cheapest out of the ti's) that has one vga port as well as a dvi port. you can plug one monitor into the vga port and then buy a dvi-vga adapter cable for the second monitor. you can then use the Nview manager located in your control panel to adjust your dual monitor settings. i don't recommend this though because in first person shooters, its a little hard to aim when the crosshairs are in the middle of the monitors. i recommend using one ti4200 AGP with the two monitors plugged in plus a geforce 4 mx440 PCI with an additional monitor plugged in, then using nview, you would have a gaming system with peripheral vision. this would be good for games like half life and microsfot flight simulator, but you may have to download patches for you to have peripheral vision. http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

02-15-2003, 03:58 PM
sorry for double posting but i meant ti4400 instead of ti440. sorry about the confusion.

02-22-2003, 05:58 AM
To all you people complaining things dont run on win98: stop wining and get a REAL os. How does new stuff supposed to run on old junk like win98? newer games arent designed to run on outdated technology. Install win2k or winXP and then try complaining again.
Even Micro$oft doesnt support win98 anymore http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/frown.gif

02-24-2003, 02:20 AM
I've got an ASUS GF4 MX 440 DDR 64 tv out
V8170DDR/T/P/64M/A
and Win2002...
The Game is HalfLife / Dod

Before I Played with 29,40A drivers, and all runs well...
then I've downloaded the ASUS drivers update 31.40H and now, randomply, while I'm playing computer give me back a blu screen with this words:

***Hardware Malfunction
Contact your hardware vendor
***The system has halted***

This is very frustrating...

Now i'm tring to reinstall all the computer.. and check the problem by a "progressive" installation of all the drivers..

A Question: is best to use the Nvidia detonator drivers or the Asus drivers ?

03-03-2003, 06:21 PM
Filo If u are still wondering about it i uninstalled everything meaning windows 98 as well. then put rage fury 2000 then installed that drivers then switched it to geforce 4 mx 440 without uninstalling the drivers for the rage.

03-23-2003, 05:27 PM
Morning all,

Im having trouble with a GF4 MX440-SE 128Mb DDR DVI TV-out AGP...breath...graphics card. As usual nvidia won't give me any reasons for this but when playing a game I get what I'd describe as jollting or slight lag of the landscapes. It looks quite similar to the effect you get if you move your mouse quickly over the screen, only not as frequent.

I know it's an OpenGL problem, as one game allows me to turn off OpenGL extensions and it removes the problem completely, the only snag is that the textures then don't look half as good. Again, I know its not the resolution I play the games on, nor the texture detail that creates the problem, since I've spent weeks trying different settings and options in a vain ettempt to solve this 'ere crisis.

I've downloaded all the latest drivers for my card, have tried reinstalling the board again and changing the settings in the PC's BIOS but im still getting nowhere with it. If anyone can give me any tips into how I can amend this catastrophic maddness I'd be very greatful to know about it

Many thanks Nasis

03-23-2003, 08:42 PM
My Comp´
win XP Pro
P4 1526mhz
512 ram
80 gb in fisk
geforce 2 mx/mx400

And Mohaa doesnt run because of a f**kin thing of OpenGl, the same past to my Wolfenstein

All nVidia Cards Sucks At 2k or XP

03-24-2003, 03:12 PM
MOHAA Fan

I had the same trouble with MOHAA until I downloaded the latest drivers from the nvidia site and put the latest patches on the game.

Say you've downloaded the latest 41.09_win2kxp.exe file onto your PC. Uninstall EVERYTHING to do with your graphics card and restart the pc. Once its done this, install the newly downloaded drivers and restart again.

Once you've done that download the latest patch for MOHAA which is the 1.11 english/american version and install that. Once everythings finished, do the following:

(This is how I do it on Win2000 Pro, I dunno if its the same on XP Pro but Im guessing it is): Right click on the desktop and click properties, settings then advanced. Once loaded click on the Geforce* MX440 tab and select the 'Peformance and Quality Settings' tab. In there set your cards performance to Aggressive and click apply. Then click on the 'Direct3D Settings' tab and make sure that the 'Enable fog table emulation' box is ticked and the 'Mipmap Detail Level' is set on 'Best image quality'. Leave the 'PCI Texture Memory Size' to its default settings unless your confident in using them and click apply. Leave everything else on its defaults, exit and run MOHAA.

Hopefully this will of got it working, the mian problem I think is that there were reminence of old OpenGL Drivers on my PC that caused it to crash. If you follow the instuctions above it should get it working. If not there is one other thing you can do, but it involves a bit of scripting in the MOHAA/main folder which I can tell you about if this doesn't work.

To fix Wolfenstein you do exactly the same thing by just downloading the latest drivers but I'm not sure on the names since I unstalled it a while ago. If you look about on the internet at various sites you should be able to find the latest one - or even one thats made for XP.

Hope this helps and I'm very sorry if no good comes of it

Nasis

03-24-2003, 08:00 PM
--- Common Initialization ---
Medal of Honor Allied Assault 1.00 win-x86 Dec 6 2001
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Archivos de programa\EA GAMES\MOHAA\main\Pak5.pk3 (259 files)
C:\Archivos de programa\EA GAMES\MOHAA\main\Pak4.pk3 (593 files)
C:\Archivos de programa\EA GAMES\MOHAA\main\Pak3.pk3 (669 files)
C:\Archivos de programa\EA GAMES\MOHAA\main\Pak2.pk3 (4722 files)
C:\Archivos de programa\EA GAMES\MOHAA\main\Pak1.pk3 (772 files)
C:\Archivos de programa\EA GAMES\MOHAA\main\Pak0.pk3 (11175 files)
C:\Archivos de programa\EA GAMES\MOHAA/main

----------------------
18190 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
execing menu.cfg
execing newconfig.cfg
Config: unnamedsoldier.cfg
couldn't exec configs/unnamedsoldier.cfg
execing safemode.cfg
couldn't exec localized.cfg
execing autoexec.cfg
Unknown command "fov"
couldn't exec custom.cfg
...detecting CPU, found Intel Pentium III

------- Input Initialization -------
Initializing DirectInput...
Couldn't set DI coop level
Falling back to Win32 mouse support...
------- Input Initialization Complete ------- 44
You are now setup for easy mode.
----- Client Initialization -----
Called FadeSound with: 0.000000
----- Initializing Renderer ----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\opengl32.dll' ): succeeded
...setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
...using colorsbits of 16
...calling CDS: ok
...registered window class
...created window@0,0 (640x480)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...23 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
...restoring display settings
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
...assuming '3dfxvgl' is a standalone driver
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\3dfxvgl.dll' ): failed
...shutting down QGL
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\3dfxvgl.dll' ): failed <------ Where i Can Find This File???????

03-30-2003, 09:39 PM
I have a Geforce3 TI200 agp and the Geforce4 mx 440-se. 1 monitor conected to each, but opengle will not work on two monitors acording to alot of peaple, but sume say they have no issues? Have you actually tried it or not?

Originally posted by wildfire49:
to the person who wanted to run dual monitors, its not possible with the geforce4 mx series. if you have the money you can get a geforce4 ti4200,ti440, or the ti4600 (ti4200 being the cheapest out of the ti's) that has one vga port as well as a dvi port. you can plug one monitor into the vga port and then buy a dvi-vga adapter cable for the second monitor. you can then use the Nview manager located in your control panel to adjust your dual monitor settings. i don't recommend this though because in first person shooters, its a little hard to aim when the crosshairs are in the middle of the monitors. i recommend using one ti4200 AGP with the two monitors plugged in plus a geforce 4 mx440 PCI with an additional monitor plugged in, then using nview, you would have a gaming system with peripheral vision. this would be good for games like half life and microsfot flight simulator, but you may have to download patches for you to have peripheral vision. http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

04-03-2003, 08:17 AM
Does anyone know how to increase maximum fps ? i play quake 3 and gl-quake 1 and unreal but i always only get 60 fps... is ther any way to make it higher? all the configs have maxfps set to 999... :\
my computer is a p4 2.2 ghz 512 ddr ram ... any help would be great thanks. i just updated my drivers too to the latest ones released march 23rd 2003.

raverbach
04-08-2003, 02:49 AM
Simply ..you just have to disable Vsync http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

04-08-2003, 11:30 AM
I got a MSI GeForce4 MX440SE-T 64MB DDR and opengl doesn't work anymore. I've tried almost everything I could come across and nothing works.

04-09-2003, 01:30 PM
raverbach:
how about do you disable vsync? cuz i havent seen able to find the option..... http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/frown.gif

04-09-2003, 01:58 PM
k it turns out that when i goto display properties>settings>advanced>geforce4MX420 tab, that my additional properties button at the bottom is grayyed out...... anyone know how to get this back up so i can click it and disable vsync?

raverbach
04-10-2003, 04:17 AM
reinstall the drivers and the control panel
http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/frown.gif

ryan
04-26-2003, 02:01 PM
I have windows me and my geForce 4 mx 440 isnt running the best grapgics. I got all the drivers but it still wont run counter-strike or any new games good, also ever since Future Shop installed my new card and ram my comp have been freezing ever since.
Any suggestions?

noob
04-26-2003, 02:57 PM
YALL AMERIKANS GOT **** BRAINS OLD COMPUTER FROM 1985 and ya just suck dick so dont complain your computer is just ****

04-26-2003, 07:09 PM
My Computer is running a 1700 AMD processor with Asrock motherboard, Via Northbridge chipset, Running Windows ME, and I cannot get the PNY Verto GeForce 4 Mx 440 to work.

I downloaded the latest drivers and IE 6. Have directx 9.0, Updated every driver for every peice of hardware we have, including bios, disabled the onboard video, downloaded the VIA 4 - in - 1 chipset driver, and have done almost everything to try to get it to work, but when windows is trying to boot, it freezes on the little blinking cursor in the top lefthand corner.

05-01-2003, 10:23 AM
you don't need to turn off vSync to increase your fps... in fact, you shouldn't... vSync = good http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

it basically binds your fps to your monitors refresh rate, with is logical since you wouldn't actually see, say, 100 fps if your monitor was only refreshing at around 60hz (which is usually the case).

instead, go here http://www.nvrt.org/ and get the tool, it locks your monitors refresh rate to the maximum possible for the current resolution you're running. So, leave vSync on, use the tool, and get better fps. it may not be 100, but it'll be better, depending on your monitor. http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

05-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by DJ_SYLVER_T:
Anyone Know why the stupid Geforces are not working? I e-mailed nvidia and told them to fix this opengl problem.

By default , drivers supplied by the Windows XP operating system upon installation do not support open gl. You will have to download drivers for your card or install them off the cd that came with your card in order for your pc to properly support open gl under xp.

alfa
05-05-2003, 07:01 PM
I also have a GeForce4 MX 440 SE by PNY. When i install it it says device failed after all the drivers were instaled. Any suggestions?

Win XP on Athlon 1.4
ECS K7s5a board

05-06-2003, 11:33 AM
I also have a Geforce 4 MX 440 by Gainward.
Win XP Intel Celeron 1,3 GHz
I get "Device can't start Code 10"

Got latest drivers tried everything !
Any suggestions ?
OK with a Viper II Diamond card.

Originally posted by alfa:
I also have a GeForce4 MX 440 SE by PNY. When i install it it says device failed after all the drivers were instaled. Any suggestions?

Win XP on Athlon 1.4
ECS K7s5a board

05-09-2003, 12:41 AM
Me2 !!!! did you get a fix?????

Originally posted by Nasis:
Morning all,

Im having trouble with a GF4 MX440-SE 128Mb DDR DVI TV-out AGP...breath...graphics card. As usual nvidia won't give me any reasons for this but when playing a game I get what I'd describe as jollting or slight lag of the landscapes. It looks quite similar to the effect you get if you move your mouse quickly over the screen, only not as frequent.

I know it's an OpenGL problem, as one game allows me to turn off OpenGL extensions and it removes the problem completely, the only snag is that the textures then don't look half as good. Again, I know its not the resolution I play the games on, nor the texture detail that creates the problem, since I've spent weeks trying different settings and options in a vain ettempt to solve this 'ere crisis.

I've downloaded all the latest drivers for my card, have tried reinstalling the board again and changing the settings in the PC's BIOS but im still getting nowhere with it. If anyone can give me any tips into how I can amend this catastrophic maddness I'd be very greatful to know about it

Many thanks Nasis

05-09-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by alfa:

Win XP on Athlon 1.4
ECS K7s5a board

Are you using DDR or SDR. If you are using SDR it's likely that you get error code 10.
Possible Solutions: Get DDR memory!!!

05-14-2003, 06:08 AM
try this. this will work trust me. download this software called "powerstrip" and install it after that there will be no system hangs up. if there is a question email me at lonelyone77@yahoo.com okay

05-16-2003, 01:08 PM
I have a Geforce 4 MX440 and W98. I'm trying to run Counter-strike and I have literally tried EVERYTHING to get this to work... basically, I get an "OpenGL is not supported by your graphics card" error everytime which is total horse sh!t because I've seen the NVopenGL.dll file hanging around in one of the detonator driver sets I picked up... I don't understand what is going on... Please help :-(

05-21-2003, 02:16 PM
MY WARCRAFT 3 : Reign Of Chaos KEEPS FREEZING/ HANG !!!!!! I just bought a "XFX GeForce4 MX-440 SE" . and im using the latest drivers with DirextX9.

I cant get it to work
PLEASE HELP

sidshekar
05-22-2003, 03:51 AM
I am having the same problem. Actually in my case it is a lot worse. Its is not oly warcraft 3, but Metal gear solid 2: Substance and Enter the Matrix. And my sound also freezes up

Some how I think the problem is not with Nvidia but XFX or somthing is screwy with the board or something.

And by the way my windows XP doesnt even shutdown completely. Do you have the same problem?

I had a Nvidia 2 MX 32 mb and I really was a lot happier.

05-22-2003, 07:51 PM
I'm sure we are all aware of it but, just to remind us all the proper way of downloading drivers, (1) You have to disable all download accelerators, then u have to disable all anti-virus program when installing the those drivers. Also as an observation sometimes its better off to disable the destop manager features of these driver, sure it works well when running windows application but sometimes its slows down your games.....

05-23-2003, 04:04 AM
sidsheker, did u manage to settle your problem? cuz right now i took out my old card, and im using my old voodoo3 now...
i really dont have any idea on what to do now.
its driving me nuts. IF ANYONE CAN HELP , PLS HELP!
GEFORCE 4 MX440-SE ----- Can't run Warcraft 3 . PLease Help

05-27-2003, 07:29 AM
Hello there, a slight problem here. I'm trying to find a place to download the Open GL 1.4 for my GeForce 4 MX 440 (with TV Out). I'm running Win2k, and I know I have the neccessary requirements for downloading it. I'm just looking for a place to actually get it. Anyone know? I've checked PNY (that's who my card is made by), and i've also checked Nvidia... nothing...

Zcraider
05-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Hey guys

I was wondering.. i have the lastest drivers for may BFG Geforce 4 MMZX SE pci.

I am puzzled by the performace im getting. I originaly had a voodoo3 16 mb pci installed.

See even though i get better frame rates in Quake 3, it seems like the movements are choppyer.

????!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was suppose to be the reverse... My voodoo3 pci is better???? http://192.48.159.181/discussion_boards/ubb/frown.gif

Anyways can some one help me. Maybe its just a matter of changing the settings, i dunno.

Im not to familar with the nvidia drivers.

Thanks for the help guys

05-28-2003, 05:09 AM
Ok Im sorry to bother you all but can anyone tell me what cable i need to connect a freaking Tv to Gforce4 MX440 ive searched everywhere for the asnwer this is my last resourt. If anyone has any suggestion or that can freaking enlighten me i would gladly appreciate it Thanx In advance

05-30-2003, 02:37 PM
mate just get one that transfers your monitor plug into a digital tv port (yellow ones like on an xbox or plastation etc)
or buy a card that already has this so no adaptor is needed. just check out ebay, there will be what you need there. search for monitor tv converter or something along those lines

Joriki
06-06-2003, 06:13 AM
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW DO YOU SWITCH OFF THE STUPID V-SYNC FROM THE GEFORCE TITANIUM 4600?!?!?! THERE ISNT ANY TAB TO SWITCH IT OFF!!

06-06-2003, 05:29 PM
I'm running a GeForce MX 440, Windows 98 SE upgraded to ME.

My problem is.. I can't play Tribes 2 Demo.
I used to not be able to anyway, but my other comp did. And I thought it was because of an opengl issue. So I got another card, the Geforce.

But it still doesnt work..... any help here?

On the readme for it, it says that Geforce/geforce 2s are supported, but nothing about 3s/4s. It also says TNT2s are supported, which is what my other comp has.

So my question is... is it possible to have a TOO good video card to play demos?

Note: I know some may luagh at me, I didn't just get a new vid card to play demos. My other one SUCKED!

Help me!!!!!

06-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Oops, also, if my card is too good, would this be the case with the real version of Tribes 2?

Joriki
06-09-2003, 05:00 AM
Can someone explain how to format a pc with windows xp?

06-09-2003, 03:22 PM
I've had the same opengl problems with the geforce 4 mx 440 se. It wouldnt do anything in 3d at all, no diablo 2 (ok its an old game but im an old gamer), no EF and most heartbreaking of all no MOHaa.
After a week of frustration i followed my 13 yr old sons tips .......and they seem to have worked.Oh and in case yer wonderind im on a three week old amd duron on a elitegroup motherboard with sis chip running windows ME .
Now it seems my games work, not tried EF yet but MOHaa runs smoother than ever! What was the advice i was given, two things...
1) Install directx 8.1 instead of 9.0a
2) Install an older card driver (I found an nvidia driver from january this year)

I've only done this today but so far its worked!! Give it a try folks, after all you got nothing to lose....
Good luck

06-09-2003, 11:08 PM
Im having a problem with my Geforce 4 Mx 440 i just bought. This is how it goes...I turn on my PC then install the driver, then im asked to restart, so i do that then turn off my PC after being restarted. Then install the actual gefrce card. But when i turn my PC back on the screen is just black and evrything else working except for that. I don't know what to do, so i need sum help..

06-10-2003, 09:51 PM
yeah I got a Geforce 4 MX 440 and a AMD Athlon 1800+ running on Win Xp Pro I cant run most of the new games as well a c-strike... the thing that happens is that the screen just frezzes and during play and after a few second my mouse cursor appears I can move it around but if I click that too freezez and my screen turns off by itself then I have to reboot my computer. I have also noticed that this also happens when running Microsoft WORD which is weird.

can anyone help please?

06-10-2003, 09:51 PM
yeah I got a Geforce 4 MX 440 and a AMD Athlon 1800+ running on Win Xp Pro I cant run most of the new games as well a c-strike... the thing that happens is that the screen just freezes and during play and after a few second my mouse cursor appears I can move it around but if I click that too freezez and my screen turns off by itself then I have to reboot my computer. I have also noticed that this also happens when running Microsoft WORD which is weird.

can anyone help please?

06-15-2003, 01:30 AM
Hello, i have a Geforce 4 mx 440 and when im playing half-life (counter-strike) i cant get the fps over 30 no matter what i do. anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it?

06-16-2003, 11:12 AM
solve your problems of open gl people using 3d games ppl.download Scitech GLDirect and you can download a 21-day trial version of their website. if u only use the 21 day trial period with out the crack the game still works but is laggey and u cant renew 21 days. it is better to get the crack. you get crack and program separatly. i nver though this would work but it does......
100% GAURENTEE THAT THIS WILL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS
this is the pages need to get ur games to work~~~~ finaly
program http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/enterprise/gld_home.html

cracks http://www.keygen.us/pg/S/1.shtml

look on page #2 for the crack

Cracks r illegal, use at own risk. I am not liable for anything. (lol they work great though)

[This message has been edited by dr. death (edited 06-16-2003).]

06-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Did you move the Moniter serial input to the video card's input? i'm sure you did, but I'm having the same stupid problem. When I turn on the computer, the monitor say's there's an error with the cable or PC. i'm not happy.

06-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Nasis ,do you found an issue for the problem in open gl games ?
I got the same problem and nothing seems works .The gforce 4 mx sucks !!!!!!!

Morning all,

Many thanks Nasis

06-20-2003, 08:03 AM
I got a Geforce 4 MX 440 by Chaintech and it seems to work fine work my games. I play half-life, counterstrike, and bunch of others games. I happy with my video card.

06-20-2003, 01:09 PM
I have Geforce 4 MX 440 128 ddr ram memory!
I just cant play Port Royale!
When i start it it has some weird green interface with some creepy white dots?!
What to do?
Other games are doing just fine,but this one...
Please can you tell me where to download new drivers?
P.S.
I have Win 98 SE
Intel motherboard
2000 Mhz
512 ddr ram

edg1710
06-21-2003, 02:25 PM
I have the key for it!!!

The problem is calling a "tearing efect" and its appears when v-sync is off..It can boost performance but the driver start to render a new frame in monitor even the previous frame is not finished.Its cause the "tearing or rip"
But the opcion Vertical synchronization in Open Gl tab in nvidia settings not work for some open gl games:

Return to castle wolfenstein
Medal of honor allied assault
Quake 3
Star trek -Elite force

Only put r_swapinterval 1 in open gl console and all be fine

My card is a MSI Gforce 4 mx-440 SE-T 64 MB AGP
BIOS ver 4.17.20.00
DRIVER ver 44.03 Nvidia not- WHQL compilant
But the problem not depend of the bios and the diver

Morning all,

Many thanks Nasis

06-28-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by edg1710:
I have the key for it!!!

The problem is calling a "tearing efect" and its appears when v-sync is off..It can boost performance but the driver start to render a new frame in monitor even the previous frame is not finished.Its cause the "tearing or rip"
But the opcion Vertical synchronization in Open Gl tab in nvidia settings not work for some open gl games:

Return to castle wolfenstein
Medal of honor allied assault
Quake 3
Star trek -Elite force

Only put r_swapinterval 1 in open gl console and all be fine

My card is a MSI Gforce 4 mx-440 SE-T 64 MB AGP
BIOS ver 4.17.20.00
DRIVER ver 44.03 Nvidia not- WHQL compilant
But the problem not depend of the bios and the diver

How can I do this?
what' the opengl console?

06-29-2003, 10:29 PM
ok ive had some wierd problems lately, like i tried to run MOHAA at a lan, and my pc froze at the opening, at .1 fps, and then in game it was still at .1 fps, then an hour later the game ran fine.....
MY PC SPECS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

Intel Celeron 2ghz
256mb DDR SDRAM
40gb HD 15gb availible
64mb GeForce 4 MX 440 PCI

i have to run all games like, BF 1942 DC, and C&C Generals, and Serious Sam 2, and MOHAA, at MINIMUM graphics, and my question is, why do I have to run all games at minimum graphics??? is it because the card is PCI or another hardware upgrade is required, PLZZZ any suggestions would be appreciated http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/confused.gif

07-01-2003, 01:58 PM
Hi all! I also have that GeForce4 MX 440SE card (64 MB/TV out from Inno3D) and some of my older games just don't work. Take NFS4 and 5 for example. NFS4 refuses to start while 5 randomly freezes the mouse. Strange thing is NFS3 works just fine as well as other newer games: Max Payne for instance. Has anybody experienced something similar? I haven't found any patches or updates for the games in question and I'm still looking for a solution... I hope somebody comes up with one soon! Bye!

07-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Ok, i know/knew what you guys are and were going through with these GeForce 4 MS 440 cards, i have a PNY GeForce 4 MX 440 SE 64MB SDRAM PCI card. ok for those who can't visually see anything on the screen and are using a PCI card, you have to change your BIOS settings to refer to the PCI slots instead of the AGP slots for the video board. now for the gamers and stuff(i'm 14 by the way)
1) Download latest drivers from nVidia(did anyone notice that for windows 2k/XP and all video cards it's the same update program?)
2) goto the GeForce4 MX 440 tab after pressing Advanced in the Display properties. some side window will show up, with more settings, click the OpenGL one (under performane and quality) and make sure nothing is checked, don't ask why, that's just how mine works at it's best. Also Vertical Sync Off by Default seems to do it's best, i recommend not allowing games to wait for virt sync, slows it down a lil bit. and in the Direct3D section allow "Enable log table emulation" checked, i don't think this one will matter.
3) any game that you have a choice between Direct3D and OpenGL seems best to pick Direct3D, especially in Counter-Strike, also something with the OpenGL by having nothing checked allows Q3:A to play with greater then 1 FPS i average 60 fps because my monitor doesn't want to go any higher.
If you need any other settings or anything, need help with set up or something IM me on AIM at HyperHacker88

07-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Oh i forgot to mention, i have an eMachines
the eMachine eMonster 800, i've been upgrading alot, currently it's pretty good:
Intel PIII 800Mhz(i remember back when 300Mhz was fast)
upgraded to 256MB SDRAM
10/100 Realtek Ethernet card
Generic 56K Modem
2 USB 1.1 slots(1 front 1 back)
swapped the 48X cd with an old DVD drive i had(still works better)
8X CD-R/RW(i really need a new one!)
floppy
30GB hard drive swapped with a 80GB HD
PNY GeForce 4 MX440-SE 64MB SDRAM PCI card(note i've had reports that half our problems are caused by the fact it's SDRAM in this thing)
the reason i needed this card fixed:
i'm a white ddr player(very few of us compared to the raining race) and i use a game called StepMania for practice raeding when i'm sick or just to tire or lazy to get up and move, well teh latest under development beta require some weird settings, that seem to be based off the Q3 video card access. my friend said it was because of the SDRAM in both my comp and the card so i researched and found what seems to work. dunno how or why, it just does

kevtech
07-03-2003, 06:49 AM
ok...the error code 10 occurs when an IRQ for the card is not properly assigned. first you have to determine if this is the case...

Click on your display adapter in device manager

Click arrow next to Display Adapters

Choose Properties

Under resources determine if an Interrupt Request has been assigned to the device

ok, option 2:
Determine if Windows XP has an ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI Steering. This allows more than one device to use the same IRQ. A missing ACPI IRQ could be the reason an IRQ was not assigned. (You have too many devices and not enough IRQ's.)

Go to Start

Select Programs

Select Accessories

Select System Information

Click on arrow next to Hardware Resources

Click on IRQ's

Verify an ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI Steering is listed at least once

ok, if everything is cool here, you can open up your computer and do everything manually:

Ground yourself by touching something metal before touching anything inside the computer and of course have it unplugged

Remove your sound card and modem card

Verify the graphics card is properly seated

Turn on your computer and see if an IRQ has been assigned to the graphics card

If not remove the drivers for the graphics card

Reinstall the graphics card and reboot

If Windows then assigns an IRQ to the graphics card, reinstall your sound card and make sure an IRQ has been assigned to it

Reinstall the modem and check its IRQ

hope this helps...

kevtech
07-03-2003, 07:06 AM
ok, try this...check your bios to see if it is configured properly. also make sure the drivers for your previous card are uninstalled...

Preferred BIOS Settings: (Note some settings may not apply to your BIOS)

These settings are suggested for maximum performance and stability.

Assign IRQ for VGA: Enable

PnP O/S Installed: Enable

VGA Pallet Snooping: Disable

PCI Bursting: Disable

PCI Latency Timer: 128

Video BIOS Shadowing http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gifisable

Video BIOS Cacheable: Disable

Video RAM Shadowing: Disable

Video RAM Cacheable: Disable

USWC Options: Disable (or set to UC)

Pipeline Cache Write: Disable

PCI 2.1 Compliancy: Enable

Passive Release: Enable

Delayed Transaction: Enable

VGA Boot Sequence: AGP or PCI (Based on the installed card)

AGP/Graphics Aperture Size: ˝ the amount of installed system memory

AGP Turbo Read Mode http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gifisable

AGP Turbo Write Mode http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/biggrin.gifisable

AGP WS Write: Highest Possible Value

AGP WS Read: Highest Possible Value

AGP Transfer Mode: 4x (or the highest setting available)

AGP Clock:2/3

AGP Aperture: ˝ the installed RAM (Example: 256 RAM – Set Aperture to 128)

Video BIOS Shadow: Disabled

Video BIOS Cacheable: Disabled

Video RAM Cacheable: Disabled

C8000-xxxxx-Cacheable: Disabled

Peer Concurrency: Enabled

hope this helps.

07-04-2003, 03:35 PM
try find and download asus driver for gf mx 440 for this series asus drivers are the best

07-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by rainer.blome-a-t-web-d-e:
OpenGL does not work for me, too.
This is an XFX GF4 MX440SE 64MB DDR AGP in an
AGP 1.0 slot on a Biostar M5ALA 2.0 with
ALI 1541/1543 chipset, K6-2 400, 256MB PC-100.
Tried 30.82, 40.72, 41.09, 42.70, none works.
Same for both w98 se and w2k sp3.
Does that ring a bell for anyone?

07-05-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Zcraider:
Hey guys

I was wondering.. i have the lastest drivers for may BFG Geforce 4 MMZX SE pci.

I am puzzled by the performace im getting. I originaly had a voodoo3 16 mb pci installed.

See even though i get better frame rates in Quake 3, it seems like the movements are choppyer.

????!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was suppose to be the reverse... My voodoo3 pci is better???? http://192.48.159.181/discussion_boards/ubb/frown.gif

Anyways can some one help me. Maybe its just a matter of changing the settings, i dunno.

Im not to familar with the nvidia drivers.

Thanks for the help guys

hawhaw I _STILL_ have my good old voodoo3 in my nice athlon 1.4 system. Works lots better than those gforce chipsets, especially when I read this forum!
I am putting one for sale now. Anyone>?

blahh
07-07-2003, 05:59 PM
alright, to the person refering to the asus drivers. dumb question but what if i have a PNY, sure there wouldnt be any conflicts. (then again its not like im not having any now)

07-08-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Joe Disco:
Hi - bit off topic, but I'm going mad... I recently got a Gforce4 MX 440 made by Mercury... How do I run 2 monitors with it? There's only one socket... http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

Sorry if I'm just being a fool...

Hey, don't listen to what the other guy said, I have the GeForce 4mx 440-se and I can run up to three monitors just fine. what it sounds like is that you only have one connector on the back of the card? -if so your wondering about multiple monitors because the manual says you can? Don't be worried, -just sad. the chipset (GeForce 4mx) by Nvidia will do multi-monitors, but it sounds like the distributor (Mercury) didn't build the board with enough outputs. You're not an idiot... just unfortunate my good sir. Sorry about the bad news.

07-11-2003, 11:20 AM
Please I try to do this and when i go to the settings i cannot select the additional properties tab?

V-man
07-12-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Compaq_Kent:
I also have a Geforce 4 MX 440 by Gainward.
Win XP Intel Celeron 1,3 GHz
I get "Device can't start Code 10"

Got latest drivers tried everything !
Any suggestions ?
OK with a Viper II Diamond card.

What file did you download? What's the exact filename of the driver?

07-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by NTTech:
I have a Geforce3 TI200 agp and the Geforce4 mx 440-se. 1 monitor conected to each, but opengle will not work on two monitors acording to alot of peaple, but sume say they have no issues? Have you actually tried it or not?

to the person who answered this, please, i have na athlon 1600, msi, 256 ddr RAM and the geforce mx 440, my monitor is crazy, the monitor displays only a few icons and nothing else, noithing works but i can turn it off with alt+f4, the commands seem to work, but he doesn't show me anything i have only one monitor and i used to have no problems. the pc has only two months.

any help would be apreciated

07-15-2003, 06:52 PM
when i play counter strike my fps wont go higher den 60 but i know it could go higher. some people told me to turn off vsync but i dont even have the opengl tab to turn it off. i have installed the latest driver and eveything. I think somehow its my system dat locks it on 60fps or some counter strike settings.

I have a geforce 4 mx420
2.66 pentium 4 512 rdram ddr
windows xp

07-18-2003, 04:01 AM
Hello there, a slight problem here. I'm trying to find a place to download the Open GL 1.4 for my GeForce 4 MX 440 (with TV Out). I'm running Win2k, and I know I have the neccessary requirements for downloading it. I'm just looking for a place to actually get it. Anyone know? I've checked PNY (that's who my card is made by), and i've also checked Nvidia... nothing...

Just, where can I download OpenGL 1.4? I've tried GLSetup, it's not working.

Andemon
07-20-2003, 01:05 AM
Sorry for a *late* reply, but I had same trouble with my geforce card. Tried for months to get opengl working - installing new drivers etc. didn't help, but *finally* figured out a fix that worked for me. Since this seems to be a somewhat common problem, I'll post it here, in case that this might help someone else:

I edited my WIN.INI; there was a section [DrawDib] with somewhat suspicious entries - wrong .drvs, etc. - I tried commenting everything in it (ie. added ; to the beginning of each line), and the next boot, OpenGl started working for the first time ever. *Whee*

I guess it was some sort of leftover from some old card, or somesuch...

07-23-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Andemon:
Sorry for a *late* reply, but I had same trouble with my geforce card. Tried for months to get opengl working - installing new drivers etc. didn't help, but *finally* figured out a fix that worked for me. Since this seems to be a somewhat common problem, I'll post it here, in case that this might help someone else:

I edited my WIN.INI; there was a section [DrawDib] with somewhat suspicious entries - wrong .drvs, etc. - I tried commenting everything in it (ie. added ; to the beginning of each line), and the next boot, OpenGl started working for the first time ever. *Whee*

I guess it was some sort of leftover from some old card, or somesuch...

uhhhh you edited the win.ini file? how do i even begin to do that?

07-23-2003, 10:52 AM
Okay i have the win.ini file but there is no [drawdip] thing in the text file... i have a GeForce 4 MX420 and i just cant get the open gl settings to show up... ive reinstalled driver after driver. i heard about a nvmax program that gives you more options but it say si have to instal detonator 4 drivers 20.00 or greater. i have like 40 or something.. I know other people with this problem. they all seem to have dimention dells with the normal cheap graphics card that comes with them all. i have the 60 fps on counter-strike problem

07-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Actually people? I believe I have a solution to the OpenGL delimma.

In the OpenGL tab for the GeForce 4 MX series (and maybe other series as well) make sure the tab for 'Enable conformant OpenGL texture clamp behavior' is NOT CHECKED. You can keep everything else enabled to the max (as I discovered).

This also happens, btw, to fix the slowdown in Neverwinter nights addon pack, Jedi Knight II, and several other games.

Hope it works for you as it did for me.

rcsaba [hun]
07-24-2003, 12:00 AM
Hi all!
I've a PIV ABIT BG7 mb, 2.0 GHZ Cel. CPU, 512 DDR, ASUS 8170 64 DDR TV OUT...

I can't install the MOHAA: Spearhead. The install is writing that out of date, and running the patch 1.11 and stopping the install again (out of date).

Can help somebody? What is the problem?

Thx

07-24-2003, 07:15 PM
im using 1 pc with a gforce 4 mx 440 64 mb ddr. i have problems to play half-life counter strike and warcraft 3 im from brasil and i dont know what i have to do im using one xp 2.6 with 512mb ddr + one asus a7v8x
my configuration is great but im steel having problems here and i cant solt them y try the detonator but the version y try to take was just to win 2000 and xp wath can y do.

sorry my english is to bad.

help!!!!!

please help me. http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/confused.gif http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/confused.gif

07-26-2003, 03:09 PM
I'm running a Shuttle SN41G2 w/ GeForce 4 mx integrated GPU on it and XP pro as my OS. I was suckered into thinking this was going to be all singing/ all dancing straight from the box...

I can't get NWN to run, this is after downloading the latest drivers from nvidia's site... The game won't load and when I test resolutions on the config panel there are flickering lines, weird noises (I kid you not) and then everything dies.

Any suggestions?

07-27-2003, 11:01 PM
To the Just a UNIX Geek

You mentioned about disabling an option regarding conformancy. However I do not have this option in the list of OPENGL parameters in the advanced settings menu. Where do you disable this??

07-28-2003, 08:37 PM
It's in the NVidia 4.4.0.3 driver for Windows XP for my GeForce4 MX 440 (I'm not sure if it's in other window versions for other cards. I know it exists in previous versions of the driver, but not sure how many previous).

In the Advanced tab of proterites, there will be a 'GeForce MX 440' tab. It brings out a shutter-window with a bunch of 'links'. Drill down 'Performance and Quality' and click on the 'OpenGL Settings' link.

You'll see a box section titled 'Performance and Compatability options'. This is where you DESELECT the 'conformat' line.

07-31-2003, 04:12 AM
hey
i have an integrated sis 730s chipset, an amd duron 1.3ghz and when i loaded warcraft 3 after the blizzard sign the intro runs but after that the screen blacks up,(after the blizzard launcher comes up) and i have to reboot...i gota geforce 4 mx440 and changed bios to pci to onboard agp, and warcraft 3 does the same damn thing!!! i can run some games at higher res than b4, but war 3 is what i bought the card 4....when i check the settings, where it says Adapter Information it says system bus: AGP (PCI mode)....y is it in pci mode>? also does anyone have the same problem with war 3?

audiziner
08-02-2003, 11:26 AM
If anyone knows how to get in touch with Holyho, i would be very much obliged. The program he suggested to install for refresh rates instead of turning vsync off (which i now deem to be less damaging), has screwed up my machine completely. After installing it, i rebooted my machine and ever since then my desktop takes literally anywhere between 10-18 minutes to show after booting up (This includes the task bar and start menu). Meaning i see a blank desktop with a wallpaper for 10-18 minutes. I am not blaming Holyho, i am just saying the program he suggested was BS. Now If there is a kind soul out there who can give me a suggestion as to what i can to do remedy this issue without having to Format, that would really make this guys day considering my ceiling fell down yesterday thanks to the rain and a careless landlord.
P.S. I uninstalled the software Holyho suggested already.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by holyho:
[B]you don't need to turn off vSync to increase your fps... in fact, you shouldn't... vSync = good http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif[QUOTE]

08-03-2003, 11:56 PM
in open gl in dod (and any mod using 2d maps) when the 2d maps on fps lowers and in cs map spectating map parts in squares in d3d there is no problem except I cannot exit game when I enter with esc key only writing exit from console http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

yomama
08-04-2003, 09:12 AM
I posted this on another forum area too but OpenGL version 1.4 does not work with XP using the newest drivers(Nvidia) chip. I reinstalled older drivers that had OpenGL 1.3 in it and now MOHAA and my other games work great. So click on this and download the driver that describes OPENGL1.3(1?) in it (29.42) and replace it. Unless you know for what version you hve already. If you have 1.3 already then I don't know. I noticed the newer drivers turns on antiscopic to 2x by default and you can't change it hence the slow fps. Sure glad I figured it out (with this forums guidance of course). http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html
good luck.

08-11-2003, 12:47 AM
i running mandrake linux 9.1 with a geforce 4 440 mx graphics card, a 2.24 Ghz Processor and 384mb worth of RAM, when i play games or run any program with requires open GL stuff it clicks and act real slow even though when i had windows installed the games ran heaps smick, movies and stuff are fine though and the resolution is at 1248x1024 24 bit itś just when i play games it runs heaps slow, can anyone help me?? my driver is NVADA Geforce 4 generic but my screen has the right driver. any help would be gratly appreaciated

chris

08-14-2003, 11:31 AM
Does anyone have a website address for Sume as i cannot find one ?

Originally posted by NTTech:

08-16-2003, 08:07 PM
I have a nVidia TNT 16 connected to one screen and a GeForce 4 mx 440 connected to the other, when i try to play opengl based games on the Geforce (jediknight II in paticular) it crashes before it even starts, when i switch to the Nvidia tnt, works great (well by great i mean it *works* however its a riva tnt so the graphics realllly suck) They are both using the same drivers the detonater drivers from nVida, lastest version.

08-16-2003, 08:51 PM
i don't think that the version of the counter strike that you had install onto your computer that completely suitable with windows XP.why don't you use windows 98se or windows ME. i think that you can get better from windows ME

vcitorskrabe
08-18-2003, 09:47 PM
I found a solution!
I found this, and it solve my problem, it camo from blizzard, i hope it helps you guys too:

1. Download war3.reg from http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3/other/ and save it to your Windows Desktop. Once the file has been downloaded, double-click on it to import the registry info. This file will set Warcraft III to mute sound, run with the basic settings for video and set the refresh rate for the monitor to 60Hz. Once the game has started, you may select the options menu and adjust the video and sound settings as desired.

2. Add –Opengl tag after shortcut. a. Click Start b. Highlight Programs c. Highlight Warcraft III without clicking on it. d. Right click on the Warcraft III icon e. Click Properties f. In the Target field add –opengl after the quotation mark Example: "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe" -opengl

good luck!!!

gugi
08-19-2003, 07:52 PM
""In the OpenGL tab for the GeForce 4 MX series (and maybe other series as well) make sure the tab for 'Enable conformant OpenGL texture clamp behavior' is NOT CHECKED. You can keep everything else enabled to the max (as I discovered).""

i dont have an opengl tab. im running a geforce 4 mx440 with agp8x on:

dual 3ghz p4
1gb ram
windows xp pro

i have the same problem as everyone- cant run opengl games on my comp. ive tried the refresh rate utilities but theyre not doing anything. please help

08-20-2003, 08:14 PM
p4 1.5, 128sdram, geforce4 mx440

i read every single post here non of it work http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/frown.gif
like most of the people here i can't play counter strike under opengl mode, i tried every solution that posted here, download the detonator driver, using older version of driver or newer version of driver turn that on turn that off all are not working.... can any expert or whatever come out with the best solution that can help everyone here?
i downloaded opengl driver and where should i execute or place it?

08-24-2003, 09:36 AM
I GOT SAME PROBLEM I GOT A mx420

08-24-2003, 03:43 PM
Look folks, there is no "magic solution". But you gotta start with posting your exact information.

Run a DXDIAG dump and post it IN A NEW THREAD. Post the exact error you are receiving in OpenGL games. Post whether it is one OpenGL game or all, whether you are using the latest version of the game or not.

And if you're using a hacked version of a game with a hacked patch, don't even bother posting.

08-25-2003, 06:41 PM
If the jack is yellow, it's probably a normal RCA video jack. available everywhere. If it has several pinholes, it's probably S-Video. ask for an S-Video cable.

Originally posted by Guest Mario:
Ok Im sorry to bother you all but can anyone tell me what cable i need to connect a freaking Tv to Gforce4 MX440 ive searched everywhere for the asnwer this is my last resourt. If anyone has any suggestion or that can freaking enlighten me i would gladly appreciate it Thanx In advance

09-28-2003, 09:26 AM
hi for the 60 fps fix download reforce.zip at this site link. http://diewclan.com/index.php?page=files

it was recommended to me because i play counter-strike and i could'nt go higher than 60 fps. also if you do play counter-strike and after you have done the reforce fix. then do use these rates because they own.

rate 20000
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_updaterate 101
fps_max 100
fps_modem 0

10-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Most of the problems with graphics cards are caused by the motherboard chipset, power supply, stuttering soundcards, too many programs runnin, etc. The graphics cards are nearly always fine when tried in a more sophisticated setup. underclocking is sometimes helpful, as is turning fast-writes off. and if u can always use whql drivers, there are new ones now from nvidia.
One thing that can be unreliable on geforce mx cards is the memory, heat being the main problem, making the card progressively unreliable. as for no OPENGL support, all geforce cards are virtually identical in their opengl setup, its the system refusing to update them. a clean install on to a blank HD is the only way to be sure its no software

10-04-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by ikkyo:
I'm running a Shuttle SN41G2 w/ GeForce 4 mx integrated GPU on it and XP pro as my OS. I was suckered into thinking this was going to be all singing/ all dancing straight from the box...

I can't get NWN to run, this is after downloading the latest drivers from nvidia's site... The game won't load and when I test resolutions on the config panel there are flickering lines, weird noises (I kid you not) and then everything dies.

Any suggestions?

hello, i have the same problem, do you have the solution about this?
thx. maxilemax@hotmail.com

10-22-2003, 02:42 PM
The problem with the Geforce4 MX 440 is wierd. THE LASTEST DRIVERS ARE BUGGY. Find an older version (from 2001) and install that. Many of your games will work better. Many of my games won't work with the new drivers....but works with the older ones. Give it a try.

10-26-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Joriki:
Can someone explain how to format a pc with windows xp?

10-26-2003, 08:02 PM
No one has posted an actual error yet. I recieve this message when I try to run MOH, Call of Duty, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy territory. This problem has beena round for a couple years now??? What takes so long to fix. I have the geforce 440 on a dell mobile. I tried the installation disk that came with my laptop with no result, I also tried upgrading video card drivers directly from nvidia's site. Also with no results. Have installed and reinstalled the games numerous times, with you guessed it, no result. I have searched and read thread after thread, with everyone's own way of fixing this problem, but nobody has a way that works for sure, SO here is the error from another frustrated XP user.

CoD Beta build win-x86 Aug 19 2003
----- FS_Startup -----
Current language: english
Current search path:
D:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\pak0.pk3 (3172 files)
D:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1/main
D:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\localized_english_pak0.p k3 (796 files)
localized assets pak file for english

File Handles:
----------------------
3968 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec language.cfg
couldn't exec config.cfg
execing autoexec.cfg
Unknown command "cg_fov"
========= autoconfigure
configure.csv: using configuration 1200 cpu MHz 512 sys MB 64 vid MB
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
Measured CPU speed is 1.20 GHz
System memory is 512 MB (capped at 1 GB)
Video card memory is 64 MB
Streaming SIMD Extensions (SSE) supported

-------------------------------
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
...initializing QGL
...setting mode 4: 800 600 FS
...using colorsbits of 32
...created window@0,0 (800x600)
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (4)
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------

10-26-2003, 08:31 PM
And the error from Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy territory, a little different but similar....

ET 2.55 win-x86 May 27 2003
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
D:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\pak0.pk3 (3725 files)
D:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\mp_bin.pk3 (4 files)
D:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1/etmain

----------------------
3729 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec language.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
Bypassing CD checks
-------------------------------
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
...initializing QGL
...using desktop display depth of 32
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (4)
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
...assuming '3dfxvgl' is a standalone driver
...initializing QGL
...WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------