PDA

View Full Version : WIN Me Open-GL counterstrike problem.. help?

Ohhshoot
07-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Hi,
i am having a problem with open-gl with counterstrike.
I run a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 pci 64 mg card on WIN Me(to poor to buy new motherboard) and every since i installed it i have successfully been able to play CS using open-gl. But about two days ago, when i launched cs the error message came up saying that open-gl was not supported. I have reinstalled all the drivers with no luck, reinstalled cs with no luck. all i am able to run is software and D3D, but D3D is crap and i lag when i play with it.
If you have evey had this problem or know how to fix it please help.
Thanks

Ohhshoot
07-12-2003, 11:02 AM
mx 440* sry i cant type

08-09-2003, 11:34 PM
Actually I have had constantly the same problem. In fact my q3 didnt run also bcuz of this OPEN GL problem. On my desktop the colours were also slightly disfigured u know for example the Kazaa sign was disfigured and no game with Open GL was working. Dont know the solution because one day it automatically got all right. I also have the same card as you though. Then after a month it went wrong again and after a month or 2 got ok again. DUnno what the problem is. I wud advise reinstalling WIndows and your 3d card if you have the time...

08-10-2003, 04:56 AM
Ohhshoot, have you installed something which interferred with your Counterstrike or OpenGL setup?

When you say reinstalled CS - did you uninstall, DELETE THE CS FOLDER, and then reinstall?

10-25-2003, 01:04 PM
I have the same card GeForce4 MX-440as well. It rarely works with any game. Once I get it working for one, it automatically doesn't work with another. I think the card is a dud. http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/mad.gif