PDA

View Full Version : shut off vsync with geforce2

flexture
07-03-2003, 09:17 PM
i have a geforce2 graphics card and i just downloaded all the new drivers...i want to shut off vsync but i dont have an opengl tab in settings>advanced>geforce2 mx/mx400 but then there is no opengl option after this...please help

07-04-2003, 03:27 AM
When you say "i just downloaded all the new drivers", does that mean you went to www.nvidia.com (http://www.nvidia.com) and downloaded THE new drivers? Or that you used Windows Update?

If you used Windows Update, you do not have the latest driver. You have whatever crud passes out of M$ these days.

flexture
07-04-2003, 08:47 AM
actually first i while i was looking for the open gl tab, i clicked on drivers and then clicked on update drivers, which changed a bunch of things....then i went to nvidia and downloaded drivers from there which further changed it....but i think i might have found what i need i just dont know what it means....but i would need to post a screen shot.....or...i could just describe it...there is a tab that says refresh rate overrides, then it says "click 'override refresh rates' to select refresh rate overrides to be used in Direct3D applications", it then has a box where "applications control refresh rate" is checked, then there is another box with a list underneath it, there are 5 columns, 8bit, 16bit, 32bit, resolution and refresh rate, the bits all have checks underneath them, the resolutions have different resolutions and the refresh rate all say default...what all this means i have no idea...