PDA

View Full Version : Gamma problem with OpenGL

03-30-2003, 01:42 AM
I have a weird problem with OpenGL: Whenever I play an OpenGL game on my computer, be it Doom or Quake or whatever, the graphics are very dark and I almost literally can't see anything becuase it is so dark. And this is with the gamma brightness level turned all the way up in the game! Since I have this problem with all OpenGL games, I suspect that it has something to do with the drivers or my video card. My system runs Windows ME with an Intel i810 video card. Please help me!

04-15-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by plinko:
I have a weird problem with OpenGL: Whenever I play an OpenGL game on my computer, be it Doom or Quake or whatever, the graphics are very dark and I almost literally can't see anything becuase it is so dark. And this is with the gamma brightness level turned all the way up in the game! Since I have this problem with all OpenGL games, I suspect that it has something to do with the drivers or my video card. My system runs Windows ME with an Intel i810 video card. Please help me!
I have the same problem. When I play Heretic II, the game is so dark you can hardly see your character. Adjusting gamma and brightness makes the game look horrible. I have an Nvidia Geforce 2GTS with Detonator drivers 4345.

04-16-2003, 05:23 AM
Hi,

I have\had the same problem with MDK2.
It's not the Gamma you're supposed to change, I think. I have a little app in the driver of the card that controls two "overlay's" of brightness and contrast.
If adjusted well -and also your screen-
It looks better....

PB